Windows 10: Can I disable cortana and bing?

Discus and support Can I disable cortana and bing? in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana is using a lot of memory and I don't use it . The same with Bing... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by StephenMcIntire1, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Can I disable cortana and bing?

Cortana is using a lot of memory and I don't use it . The same with Bing

:)

StephenMcIntire1, Dec 3, 2019

2. how to remove bing

Hi NCA666,

My name is Roger W, an independent advisor trying to help. Let's try with the following suggestions, please:

Step 1:

Steps for removing Bing from search bar:

1. In Search type “Cortana & Search Settings” and hit enter.

2. You will have to find “Search online and include web results” feature and toggle the switch to disable it.

Note: Set the switch to “Off” state.

3. Reboot the Windows 10 device and your Bing search bar should be disabled.

Step 2:

Steps for removing Bing from the Browser.

Open Internet Explorer and click on the Gear icon.

Click on the ‘Manage add-ons’ option.

Click on ‘Search Providers’ which is on left pane.

Right click on ‘Bing’ where is listed under the ‘Name:’ column.

Click on ‘Remove’ from the drop-down menu.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

RogerWaltes98, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Can I disable cortana and bing?

Cannot restore disabled Cortana

You may change your policy settings using the Local Group Policy Editor to disable Cortana and still be able to use Windows Search. Please refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R, type GPedit.msc, and click OK to open the
      Local Group Policy Editor..
    • Navigate to Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration
      > Administrative Templates > Windows Components
      > Search.
    • In the right pane, double-click on policy named Allow Cortana.
    • Select the Disabled radio button.
    • Restart the PC and Cortana and Bing Search will be disabled.

Let us know how it goes for you, Muhammed.

Aileen Alf, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Can I disable cortana and bing?

1. Can I disable cortana and bing? - Similar Threads - disable cortana bing

2. disable bing

in Windows 10 Support
    disable bing: whats all ways to disable bing in the search (bottom right hand corner) 183099
  3. Can Cortana do anything except searching the bing???

in Cortana
    Can Cortana do anything except searching the bing???: I'm very surprised that Cortana can literally do nothing but say "I'm sorry, but I can't help with that."It can't even set a timer or reminder....
  4. Disable Bing in cortana search

in Cortana
    Disable Bing in cortana search: When trying to search in the search bar, if I mistakenly click on any of the questions, it automatically brings up Edge/Bing. I've removed it from any defaults that I can find, but it's infuriating that I can't remove/disable this thing entirely. It's not a good web browser,...
  5. How can I disable Cortana?

in Cortana
    How can I disable Cortana?: I don't really use Cortana on my desktop. What's the proper way to disable it and remove the process? It's generating error in event log every couple of hours. Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  6. How can I disable Cortana Fullscreen?

in Cortana
    How can I disable Cortana Fullscreen?: While using my PC, I often don't input anything trough mouse or keyboard for 10 or more seconds when, for example, participating in a call with my friends and family members or watching a video or a movie. While doing that it is rather disruptive that Cortana decides to open...
  7. How can i disable cortana?

in Cortana
    How can i disable cortana?: I don't use cortana that much. Only windows search. How can i disable cortana..? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-cortana/abce115b-dd85-4eb7-81dc-7f2b22251a85"
  8. Bing not working in Edge or Cortana

in Browsers and Email
    Bing not working in Edge or Cortana: Hi, I recently bought a new laptop that came pre-installed with Windows 10 - everything is working fine apart from I can't do anything with Bing. Doing a search from Edge or Cortana just brings up the 'hmm can't access page' error. Trying to go to www.bing.com from Edge or...
  9. how can i disable cortana on my tablet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i disable cortana on my tablet?: Just bought it . Any hints? 79499
  10. Explore and Bing will not disable

in Windows 10 Support
    Explore and Bing will not disable: Explore does not show up in add remove. I have turned windows features off by unchecking explorer, after rebooting I went back in to make sure it was still unchecked and it was and explorer automatically launched again. Also I am not able to change my search engine no matter...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Bing search registry cortana

2. how to siable bing from cortana?

3. disable cortana bing search

4. can I get a windows computer without cortana and bing 2020