Windows 10: Can I disable dark window background without enabling systemwide light theme?

Discus and support Can I disable dark window background without enabling systemwide light theme? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the latest update, it's possible to have window backgrounds dark, which is great. However, can I return to regular white background without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lauriso, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Lauriso Win User

Can I disable dark window background without enabling systemwide light theme?

After the latest update, it's possible to have window backgrounds dark, which is great. However, can I return to regular white background without making everything light? Basically, I want to enable dark mode without it coloring regular windows, as it used to work before the update.

:)

Lauriso, Sep 2, 2019

2. Lumia 640 changes background theme by itself from dark to light (always)

As subject says; I really don't like the LIGHT theme background but my phone automatically changes it from dark to light. Like every 4 hours, sometimes every 6 hours and so on everytime i set it to DARK.

Anyone experienced this problem?

Lumia 640 on latest Lumia Denim update

wilsonchiong, Sep 2, 2019
  3. A3KP Win User
    Light and dark themes

Is there a possebility to implement in the future Windows builds the light/dark theme in the personal maps?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

A3KP, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Can I disable dark window background without enabling systemwide light theme?

Dark characters on a light background are superior to light characters on a dark background - Monitor issue

Original Title: Blinding white!

OK, I'm guessing that everyone that works at Microsoft doesn't have any kind of modern monitor or they spend absolutely no time in front of a LED monitor. Was any research done to see if white is the best idea for all of the UI and no I don't mean the borders!
    who cares about the borders? I mean the content in the windows. Absolutely blinding. Even with the brightness/contrast down.

so here's the research

There has been a lot of research on this topic since the 1980s and a lot of it still holds true today. One study from the 1980s states this:

The reason why this matters is because of focus. As
    this article on UXMovement
    states, "white stimulates all three types of color sensitive visual receptors in the human eye in nearly equal amounts." It causes the eye to focus by tightening the iris. Since the eye is focused, dark letter forms on light backgrounds
    are easier to read. When using a dark background with strong light letter forms, the iris opens to allow more light in, but that causes letter forms to blur. Why?

Now there seem to be varying factors into contrast and legibility. Room ambient lighting. Brightness of the monitor. Also you can mitigate the straining effects of white (#FFF) on black (#000) by simply lessening the contrast like using a light gray (#EEE,
    #DDD, #CCC) on a dark background (#111, #222).

So even if you did make the default theme for 50% of the population, what about the other 50%? is my money not worth making a theme that doesn't blind me? worse, trying to use the High contrast themes are awful. Basic colors that can only contrast to cause
    more eye strain? Is this ever going to be fixed or are you going to force the remaining users to go to mac? Also, I will ignore anyone who not an MS employee on this answer. I payed for this. I want support. (No offense to the community)

LouisLawyer, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Can I disable dark window background without enabling systemwide light theme?

1. Can I disable dark window background without enabling systemwide light theme? - Similar Threads - disable dark window

2. Enable Auto Dark/Light Mode on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable Auto Dark/Light Mode on Windows 11: Hello, is there any way to enable an auto dark/light mode on windows 11 for example a dark mode from sunset to sunrise and light mode elsewhere without set dark or light mode manually every time in settings? I know that there is a third party app that can do this, but I was...
  3. about enable of keyboard background light

in Windows 10 Customization
    about enable of keyboard background light: I dont know how to enable the background light of my keyboard so please help me to solve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-enable-of-keyboard-background-light/2ab1b372-d310-4795-9f5a-0506a1ac2391
  4. Can Dark Mode/Light Mode be enabled along with Night Light yet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can Dark Mode/Light Mode be enabled along with Night Light yet?: Not as in an additional app, but built into the Windows 10 settings system. I know this wasn't there early on, but does this feature exist yet? It seems like a pretty straightforward feature. submitted by /u/Wh00ster [link] [comments]...
  5. Tiles a mixture of dark and light theme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tiles a mixture of dark and light theme: Hi, After upgrading to 20H2 19042.572 - one section of my start menu shows both dark and light tiles. If I switch to a light theme, all looks right, switch back to the dark theme, looks a mess. Does anyone else have this issue? Dark Theme [ATTACH] Light Theme [ATTACH]...
  6. Hey so i dont have light theme or dark theme. Why?

Hey so i dont have light theme or dark theme. Why?: So i have seen alot of youtubers use Light theme and Dark theme but I cant use it myself for some reason submitted by /u/FoxGamzah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/heexme/hey_so_i_dont_have_light_theme_or_dark_theme_why/
  7. Help! Is there any way to enable dark theme in windows without having a dark file explorer.

Help! Is there any way to enable dark theme in windows without having a dark file explorer.: I like the dark theme in everything except the file explore or This PC. With dark mode on for file explorer, it keeps some text black and i cant see it because the background and the text are both black. Help! submitted by /u/patotato_potato [link] [comments]...
  8. No option to enable light theme in 1903?

in Windows 10 Customization
    No option to enable light theme in 1903?: It says I have downloaded the 1903 version, but there is no option for light theme in the colours section? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-option-to-enable-light-theme-in-1903/7de66b98-a504-4565-b47d-9c7ccb61fa01
  9. How can i enable Edge Dark theme (via registry)

in Browsers and Email
    How can i enable Edge Dark theme (via registry): How can i enable Edge Dark theme (via registry) 15168
  10. Choose Light or Dark Theme for Game Bar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Choose Light or Dark Theme for Game Bar in Windows 10: How to: Choose Light or Dark Theme for Game Bar in Windows 10 How to Choose Light or Dark Theme for Game Bar in Windows 10 The capturing clips, and sharing captures to Twitterall from one dashboard in Windows 10. Starting with Windows app mode theme for the Game...