Windows 10: can i disable family settings?

Discus and support can i disable family settings? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; how do I disable family settings?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JB59-03, Nov 13, 2018.

1. JB59-03 Win User

can i disable family settings?

how do I disable family settings?

:)

JB59-03, Nov 13, 2018
  2. Sheena M. Win User

how do you disable my family?

Hi stephaniewu,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

According to your post, you would like to disable My Family in order to purchase apps on your phone.

As TomBrad95 has said there is not a way to disable the My Family settings. In some cases, you might be incorrectly asked to set up My Family. If you are over the legal adult age in your country and are being asked to set up My Family, then please try these
    steps:

If you are still asked to set up My Family after trying the above steps, then you are under the legal adult age and will need to use My Family.

Kind Regards,

Sheena M., Nov 13, 2018
  3. Lawrence Lib, Nov 13, 2018
  4. can i disable family settings?

How to turn off Family safety settings

Hello Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to remove the family safety settings. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you regarding the
    family safety settings.

Turn off family settings in Windows 10

• To turn off family settings for a child in your family, sign in at account.microsoft.com/family. Then choose one of these
      options:
      • Remove them from family settings by choosing Remove, then selecting their account, then selecting
        Remove again. They’ll still be able to sign in to their PCs, but this will remove any family limits that you set.
      • Or select them from the main family page, which will bring you to their Recent activity. If
        Activity reporting is turned On, turn it
        Off.
        Then repeat for the other settings pages (Web browsing, Apps, games & media, Screen time, Purchase & spending), making sure that those switches are turned
        Off.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

can i disable family settings?

1. can i disable family settings? - Similar Threads - disable family settings

2. How to disable Family Safety Settings on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable Family Safety Settings on Windows 11?: I just got a new laptop and for some reason my Microsoft account now has family safety features enabled even though I've never noticed them prior to now. I've tried methods that I've seen online and so far, they've all not worked. I just tried going to a website for a...
  3. How to disable Family Safety Settings on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable Family Safety Settings on Windows 11?: I just got a new laptop and for some reason my Microsoft account now has family safety features enabled even though I've never noticed them prior to now. I've tried methods that I've seen online and so far, they've all not worked. I just tried going to a website for a...
  4. How can I disable just the microsoft family features popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable just the microsoft family features popup: Hi, how can I disable just the family features popup? I don't want to use this "feature". I am in a family group to use an office license, so I don't want to remove me from this group? I just want to disable technical is also fine for me the popup, which appears since the...
  5. How can I disable just the microsoft family features popup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I disable just the microsoft family features popup: Hi, how can I disable just the family features popup? I don't want to use this "feature". I am in a family group to use an office license, so I don't want to remove me from this group? I just want to disable technical is also fine for me the popup, which appears since the...
  6. How can I disable family safety? or delete it in general?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable family safety? or delete it in general?: I need to delete or disable the Microsoft family safety! I added myself to it when I already had an account so that way if I still get the "Ask permission etc etc", the email will get sent to me and I can just easily approve it. But it didn't work! I had to install the family...
  7. How can I disable family safety? or delete it in general?

How can I disable family safety? or delete it in general?: I need to delete or disable the Microsoft family safety! I added myself to it when I already had an account so that way if I still get the "Ask permission etc etc", the email will get sent to me and I can just easily approve it. But it didn't work! I had to install the family...
  8. Disabling family settings and monitoring without the parental email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling family settings and monitoring without the parental email: Howdy! I know this is a cliché line and all, but I am asking this for a friend she's got anxiety and doesn't want to post something like this herself, in the event her mother finds it.So, my friend turned 18 awhile ago. She has her own computer - and she's moving out....
  9. Disabling family settings and monitoring without the parental email

Disabling family settings and monitoring without the parental email: Howdy! I know this is a cliché line and all, but I am asking this for a friend she's got anxiety and doesn't want to post something like this herself, in the event her mother finds it.So, my friend turned 18 awhile ago. She has her own computer - and she's moving out....
  10. Disabling family settings and monitoring without the parental email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security