Windows 10: Can I disable fn+w?

Discus and support Can I disable fn+w? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I am playing games and I want to skip my music, I have to press fn+f8 to skip, but I often end up accidentally pressing fn+w, which changes my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Greg Clark6, May 22, 2024.

1. Can I disable fn+w?

When I am playing games and I want to skip my music, I have to press fn+f8 to skip, but I often end up accidentally pressing fn+w, which changes my wasd to arrow keys, is there a way to disable this? I am on an external keyboard called 'Magic Eagle Havit Game Series', running Windows 11, there is no fn lock and none of: fn+f12, fn+esc, fn+capslock work to lock my fn key - Which I only want to do if there is no way to disable fn+w.

:)

Greg Clark6, May 22, 2024
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 - Disable "fn" lock?

To disable, or enable, the function key (fn) in the BIOS, do the following steps.

• Press the power button to turn on the computer.
    • Press the f10 key to open the BIOS setup window. (On newer computers, you need to hold down the "esc" key. Then you can opt to go into the BIOS settings.)

• Use the right-arrow or left-arrow keys to navigate to the System Configuration option.
    • Use the up-arrow or down-arrow keys to navigate to the Action Keys Mode option, and then press the "enter" key to display the Enable / Disable menu.
    • Select the desired mode

DaveM121, May 22, 2024
  3. Donna Men Win User
    FN keys disabled

Hi Larry,

Although there is a setting for enabling Fn keys in the BIOS, there's a chance that this might be just from the device setting and it may differ depending on what device you are using since it is programmed by the manufacturer.

To disable or enable the function key (fn) in the BIOS, simply follow these steps:

• Press the power button to turn on the computer.
    • Press the F10 key to open the BIOS setup window. (Key may also depend, some devices needs to hold down the
      Esc key to be opted to the BIOS settings.)
    • Navigate to the System Configuration option but using the right or left arrow keys.
    • Use the up or down arrow keys to navigate to the Action Keys Mode option, and then press the
      Enter to display the Enable / Disable menu.
    • Select the desired mode.

Can I disable fn+w? c02035200.jpg
    • Press the F10 key to save the selection and restart the computer.

If issue persist, we recommend you to check with your device Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
    for more appropriate solution.

Let us know if you need further help.

Donna Men, May 22, 2024
  4. S Magrone Win User

Can I disable fn+w?

Disabling Touchpad in W-10

Just upgraded to Microsoft 10 and now my once disabled touchpad is enabled again and can't figure out how to disabled it. Any suggestions?

Found answer. On ASUS, knew that toggling FN F9 disables/enables TouchPad use, but was not working after upgrading to MS 10. Upgraded TouchPad driver and FN F9 now working again.

S Magrone, May 22, 2024
Thema:

Can I disable fn+w?

1. Can I disable fn+w? - Similar Threads - disable fn+w

2. My laptop keeps right-clicking, so I tried disabling the touchpad but it still didn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps right-clicking, so I tried disabling the touchpad but it still didn't work.: The right-clicking isn't really from my touchpad as it doesn't right-click to where my cursor is pointing, is it the keyboard? or some malware? or hardware defects something like that....
  3. My laptop keeps right-clicking, so I tried disabling the touchpad but it still didn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps right-clicking, so I tried disabling the touchpad but it still didn't work.: The right-clicking isn't really from my touchpad as it doesn't right-click to where my cursor is pointing, is it the keyboard? or some malware? or hardware defects something like that....
  4. My laptop keeps right-clicking, so I tried disabling the touchpad but it still didn't work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to permanently disable Microsoft audio home theatre effects?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently disable Microsoft audio home theatre effects?: Everytime I restart my laptop- Microsoft audio home theatre effects take over settings and enable by itself.I'm fed up of constantly turning off sound enhancements setting because after turning off and on my laptop- the effects come back like if they were compulsory. Is there...
  6. How to permanently disable Microsoft audio home theatre effects?

How to permanently disable Microsoft audio home theatre effects?: Everytime I restart my laptop- Microsoft audio home theatre effects take over settings and enable by itself.I'm fed up of constantly turning off sound enhancements setting because after turning off and on my laptop- the effects come back like if they were compulsory. Is there...
  7. Desktop.ini disable creation, using etc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop.ini disable creation, using etc: Hi,I need to disable creation of desktop.ini any way possible. HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ExplorerUseDesktopIniCache 0 doesnt seem to work.No I don't want to hide it. I can see on our fileserver that 99.99% of read writes are to the desktop.ini...
  8. Desktop.ini disable creation, using etc

Desktop.ini disable creation, using etc: Hi,I need to disable creation of desktop.ini any way possible. HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ExplorerUseDesktopIniCache 0 doesnt seem to work.No I don't want to hide it. I can see on our fileserver that 99.99% of read writes are to the desktop.ini...
  9. Can I disable fn+w?

Can I disable fn+w?: When I am playing games and I want to skip my music, I have to press fn+f8 to skip, but I often end up accidentally pressing fn+w, which changes my wasd to arrow keys, is there a way to disable this? I am on an external keyboard called 'Magic Eagle Havit Game Series', running...
  10. How can I disable 'Fn + W' ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I disable 'Fn + W' ?: Hi, I recently had this issue where WASD had switched with the Arrow keys. Turns out I had accidentally pressed 'Fn + W', and doing that again solved my issue. Do you know if this feature can be permanently disabled? It's quite annoying, and while gaming I'd rather not be...