Windows 10: Can I disable my BitLocker without admin rights, but with the bitlocker recovery key?

Discus and support Can I disable my BitLocker without admin rights, but with the bitlocker recovery key? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a laptop running on Windows 10 Home with an admin and user account. I use the user account, but forgot the password of the admin account. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tim Lippek, Apr 29, 2024.

1. Can I disable my BitLocker without admin rights, but with the bitlocker recovery key?

I have a laptop running on Windows 10 Home with an admin and user account. I use the user account, but forgot the password of the admin account. I don't have a recovery stick for it, neither do my answers to "what was your first pet" etc. work.Now I tried booting a tool from an USB-Stick to reset the admin passwort, but forgot that my SSD was bitlocked automatically, because I use Windows 10 Home.Is there any way to resolve this issue, except reinstalling Windows?

:)

Tim Lippek, Apr 29, 2024

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 29, 2024
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Apr 29, 2024
  4. saqib_415 Win User

Can I disable my BitLocker without admin rights, but with the bitlocker recovery key?

Lost bitlocker recovery key

I have lost my bitlocker recovery key and tried following the recovery steps. I have also searched and tried following the command prompts suggested but none have worked.

saqib_415, Apr 29, 2024
Thema:

Can I disable my BitLocker without admin rights, but with the bitlocker recovery key?

1. Can I disable my BitLocker without admin rights, but with the bitlocker recovery key? - Similar Threads - disable BitLocker without

2. Can I disable my BitLocker without admin rights, but with the bitlocker recovery key?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I disable my BitLocker without admin rights, but with the bitlocker recovery key?: I have a laptop running on Windows 10 Home with an admin and user account. I use the user account, but forgot the password of the admin account. I don't have a recovery stick for it, neither do my answers to "what was your first pet" etc. work.Now I tried booting a tool from...
  3. Can I disable my BitLocker without admin rights, but with the bitlocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I disable my BitLocker without admin rights, but with the bitlocker recovery key?: I have a laptop running on Windows 10 Home with an admin and user account. I use the user account, but forgot the password of the admin account. I don't have a recovery stick for it, neither do my answers to "what was your first pet" etc. work.Now I tried booting a tool from...
  4. Bitlocker - can I disable the backup the recovery key selection in Bitlocker Manager

Bitlocker - can I disable the backup the recovery key selection in Bitlocker Manager: Bitlocker - can I disable the backup the recovery key selection in Bitlocker ManagerI don't want anybody to be able to see the key after I have set it up.Is there any way to disable this?...
  5. Can not get my BitLocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not get my BitLocker recovery key: When going to https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey to get the BitLocker recovery keys of my device, I get an error saying:"Sorry, something went wrong. We're not sure what happened but refreshing the page may help, or try again in a little while. TraceId:...
  6. Can not get my BitLocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not get my BitLocker recovery key: When going to https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey to get the BitLocker recovery keys of my device, I get an error saying:"Sorry, something went wrong. We're not sure what happened but refreshing the page may help, or try again in a little while. TraceId:...
  7. BitLocker Recovery without Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Recovery without Key: Need to reinstall Windows 10. Getting a BitLocker recovery key error - I don't have the key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-without-key/25e6b04d-6be4-4cd9-af22-21047a4743b2
  8. BitLocker Recovery without Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Recovery without Key: Need to reinstall Windows 10. Getting a BitLocker recovery key error - I don't have the key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-without-key/25e6b04d-6be4-4cd9-af22-21047a4743b2
  9. BitLocker Recovery without Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. [BitLocker] Encrypting without generating recovery key?

[BitLocker] Encrypting without generating recovery key?: Hi, is there a way to encrypt a BitLocker drive without generating a recovery key? Other encryption tools such as DiskCryptor/VeraCrypt/TrueCrypt or those found on Linux can simply be used with one PIN, no recovery key required. BitLocker also allows to encrypt using...