Windows 10: Can I disable my camera and then enable it later on?

Discus and support Can I disable my camera and then enable it later on? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I would like to disable my built-in web camera for the time being until I will actually need it later on. I came across this function and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mydarksecretsgohere, May 18, 2020.

1. Can I disable my camera and then enable it later on?

/u/mydarksecretsgohere, May 18, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, May 23, 2020
  3. Enable built-in camera for Windows 10 HP 8470p

Hi,

We suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Please follow these steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar and click on it in.
    • Click "View all" and then click "Hardware and Devices".
    • Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

For more information regarding camera, refer to the article below:

Camera app and webcams help

We also suggest to contact HP support for best help.

Let us know how it goes. Thank you.

Reymichael Ros, May 23, 2020
  4. hellrazor Win User

Can I disable my camera and then enable it later on?

Easy enable/disable microphone?

My bro just got a microphone and I was wondering if there's an easy way to enable or disable it. I know you can right click on the volume icon, click on select recording devices then select the microphone, then click properties, then click on levels, and mute it - but that's just way too many steps, I'm looking for a more obvious and much easier way to do it.

hellrazor, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Can I disable my camera and then enable it later on?

1. Can I disable my camera and then enable it later on? - Similar Threads - disable camera enable

2. i can enable or disable some settings but i can't enable or disable some of them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can enable or disable some settings but i can't enable or disable some of them: so i'm having trouble with the settings and i'm trying to enable and disable some settings but they do not work.the settings that aren't enabling or disabling:"Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows""Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and...
  3. i can enable or disable some settings but i can't enable or disable some of them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can enable or disable some settings but i can't enable or disable some of them: so i'm having trouble with the settings and i'm trying to enable and disable some settings but they do not work.the settings that aren't enabling or disabling:"Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows""Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and...
  4. i can enable or disable some settings but i can't enable or disable some of them

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How could I enable my camera? Is there any button combination to disable and enable the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How could I enable my camera? Is there any button combination to disable and enable the...: I am using Huawei Matebook D16 and could not be able to start my webcam work for 2 weeks. I have checked the device manager, the driver is installed and up-to-date. I have uninstalled the device entirely and installed the device and driver from scratch. I have disabled and...
  6. How could I enable my camera? Is there any button combination to disable and enable the...

How could I enable my camera? Is there any button combination to disable and enable the...: I am using Huawei Matebook D16 and could not be able to start my webcam work for 2 weeks. I have checked the device manager, the driver is installed and up-to-date. I have uninstalled the device entirely and installed the device and driver from scratch. I have disabled and...
  7. i can not on my camera

i can not on my camera: my camera not open and driver miss out my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-on-my-camera/ef3236cb-7bd6-40b6-bcfd-c869df1f5bae
  8. How to enable disabled camera,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable disabled camera,: Hello, I need help enabling a disabled camera. I tried to use my webcam as my main camera by disabling my front camera. When I tried to enable it back again, there was nothing that I could do to enable it back again. Here's a picture of what's happening....
  9. How to enable disabled camera,

How to enable disabled camera,: Hello, I need help enabling a disabled camera. I tried to use my webcam as my main camera by disabling my front camera. When I tried to enable it back again, there was nothing that I could do to enable it back again. Here's a picture of what's happening....
  10. I disabled my camera for a a few months and now that i have enabled it, it's showing the...

I disabled my camera for a a few months and now that i have enabled it, it's showing the...: [IMG] I disabled my camera for a a few months and now that i have enabled it, it's showing the video like this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-disabled-my-camera-for-a-a-few-months-and-now/a1e3e2ce-704e-4900-838e-7cf3a01d4406