Windows 10: Can I disable the password-log in option when I'm using Windows Hello?

Discus and support Can I disable the password-log in option when I'm using Windows Hello? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've set up our Windows Hello Log-In according to this guide, using a trusted network or device as the second factor first-factor are biometrics or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Denis Zivcic, May 6, 2022.

1. Can I disable the password-log in option when I'm using Windows Hello?

I've set up our Windows Hello Log-In according to this guide, using a trusted network or device as the second factor first-factor are biometrics or PIN-Code: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/identity-protection/hello-for-business/hello-cert-trust-policy-settingsIt works pretty well I've created a group with only some users because we're still testing it but I noticed that the sign-in options on the lock-screen still display the password as a login option. When I choose it and log-in with my password I can see that it skips the second-factor. Is there some way to disable it

:)

Denis Zivcic, May 6, 2022

2. Disabling User Passwords Disables PIN and Hello?

Hello Eric,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the sign in option is not working after you disabled the option for PIN input for password.

At this point, I would suggest you to deploy the
    System Restore option in Windows.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you

create a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

• Search Control Panel for Recovery.

• Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

• Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
      Next > Finish.

In order to disable the PIN sign in option in Windows 10, refer to the below steps.

Step 1: Access PC settings and open
    Users and accounts

Step 2: Select Sign-in options and tap the
    Remove
    button under PIN.

Note: you can navigate to the same path in order to re-enable the PIN.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 6, 2022
  3. PIN Box Missing - After Update - Windows Hello

Thank you for all the information.

To assist you better with your concern, we suggest that you disable Windows Hello. This should prevent you from getting issues in logging-in to your computer.

To do it, kindly follow the steps below:

• On your Cortana, type "Settings", and then press Enter.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Choose Sign-in options.
    • Disable Windows Hello.

Let us know how it goes.

Jhessica Sur, May 6, 2022
  4. Can I disable the password-log in option when I'm using Windows Hello?

Disabling need to change log in password periodically

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods for disabling the option password expires and check if it helps.

• Right click on the “windows start icon” and click on
      “computer management”.
    • Expand “local users and groups” and click on “users” option.
    • On the screen you will find all the user accounts that are in your computer, I suggest you to select the appropriate
      user account that you need to disable the password expire option.
    • Double click on the user account and you will get a new Window, there check the box
      “Password never expires” option.
    • Click on “Apply” and then “Ok”.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 6, 2022
Thema:

Can I disable the password-log in option when I'm using Windows Hello?

1. Can I disable the password-log in option when I'm using Windows Hello? - Similar Threads - disable password log

2. How do I disable Windows Hello for logging into websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable Windows Hello for logging into websites: Windows 11 Home forced me to set up a pin for Windows Hello. Now when I want to log into my account on any website, it forces me to input that pin. I'm not talking about logging into my computer with a pin - that I want to keep the same as it has always been. Settings -...
  3. Windows Hello resets every time I use MUX option or disable bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello resets every time I use MUX option or disable bitlocker: I am using Windows 11 and have an Asus laptop with a MUX switch that controls discrete graphics vs. graphics card. I frequently want to toggle this depending if I am on battery or laptop. The problem is that using MUX requires restarting in uncrypted Bitlocker. Each time I do...
  4. Windows Hello resets every time I use MUX option or disable bitlocker

Windows Hello resets every time I use MUX option or disable bitlocker: I am using Windows 11 and have an Asus laptop with a MUX switch that controls discrete graphics vs. graphics card. I frequently want to toggle this depending if I am on battery or laptop. The problem is that using MUX requires restarting in uncrypted Bitlocker. Each time I do...
  5. I need to reset my windows password, i'm always logged in and have no option to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to reset my windows password, i'm always logged in and have no option to: Whenever I turn on my computer I'm automatically signed into windows. I have a pin I use to get into my computer then I'm instantly logged in, its not my windows password. When I go to change my password in my computer settings it asks for my password, I don't have it, I've...
  6. I need to reset my windows password, i'm always logged in and have no option to

I need to reset my windows password, i'm always logged in and have no option to: Whenever I turn on my computer I'm automatically signed into windows. I have a pin I use to get into my computer then I'm instantly logged in, its not my windows password. When I go to change my password in my computer settings it asks for my password, I don't have it, I've...
  7. I need to reset my windows password, i'm always logged in and have no option to

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Can I disable the password-log in option when I'm using Windows Hello?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can I disable the password-log in option when I'm using Windows Hello?: I've set up our Windows Hello Log-In according to this guide, using a trusted network or device as the second factor first-factor are biometrics or PIN-Code:...
  9. Can I disable the password-log in option when I'm using Windows Hello?

Can I disable the password-log in option when I'm using Windows Hello?: I've set up our Windows Hello Log-In according to this guide, using a trusted network or device as the second factor first-factor are biometrics or PIN-Code:...
  10. How to disable pin and password when I logging to Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable pin and password when I logging to Windows?: After clean install windows said I must set pin and password but I not need this. Pls help. submitted by /u/tygrys10s [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l1uhwh/how_to_disable_pin_and_password_when_i_logging_to/