Windows 10: Can I display files in a folder organized by groups, just like in quick acess?

Discus and support Can I display files in a folder organized by groups, just like in quick acess? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a tv show with all episodes in a folder and I was wondering if I could put each season in a group like for example in quick acess ("Frequent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yeahss0, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Can I display files in a folder organized by groups, just like in quick acess?

I have a tv show with all episodes in a folder and I was wondering if I could put each season in a group like for example in quick acess ("Frequent Folders" and "Recent Files") but with "Season 1", "Season 2",..., etc.

Here's a screenshot, so you can see what I mean: https://prnt.sc/1ae3fmh

So this way, it would be way more organized and better to navigate. This would also be very useful to organize other folders.

Is it possible to do?

I know I could just put each season in a separate folder but I'm curious about this feature.

submitted by /u/yeahss0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yeahss0, Jul 11, 2021

2. Windows 10 Quick Access: Folder & File Grouping (QA grouped by type, folder or file) ceased working

Actually, apologies, I spoke too soon, I rebooted (still had same issue which emerged after a Win10 crash this AM for unknown reason) then executed your suggestion (which to be clear for others was the following steps):

• Opened "File Explorer"
    • Went to View
    • Selected Options from toolbar
    • Selected Change Folder and Search Options - this opened Folder Options box
    • Selected View for View tab
    • in Folder Views box clicked on Reset Folder
    And voila, worked. Earlier try not sure why it did not work but after reboot (and with continued Quick Access issue) this worked.

WilliamFellows, Jul 11, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Quick Access: Folder & File Grouping (QA grouped by type, folder or file) ceased working

Almost identical to this Question that never received a response (Windows 10 Quick Access - Folders grouped separately sometimes), I have lost the grouping of Files,
    folders (basically types) in Quick Access.

As illustrated in the photos in that thread, I used to (generally although sometimes randomly not) have Quick Access showing with separate Folder and File categories (as in the 2nd photo) but this suddenly today disappeared and it seems impossible to restore.

Now an undifferentiated list (as in the first photo) is the only thing that shows, regardless of view options, etc.

WilliamFellows, Jul 11, 2021
  4. JWest777 Win User

Can I display files in a folder organized by groups, just like in quick acess?

Windows 10 Quick Access - Folders grouped separately sometimes

In Windows 10, Quick Access is really great. I like the fluidity of it. Here's my question: sometimes (most of the time for me) folders are integrated into the list of recent files (20 recent files/folders), and sometimes folders are grouped separately (8
    recent folders, then 20 recent files). I can actually click on several folders and convince W10 to do the separate grouping. I prefer the separate grouping, but when I am mainly working in files, they go away and show files and folders together. Is there a
    way to default to show the folders grouped separately from the files. I'll try to post screen caps if that helps. Thanks!

JWest777, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

Can I display files in a folder organized by groups, just like in quick acess?

1. Can I display files in a folder organized by groups, just like in quick acess? - Similar Threads - display files folder

2. how to make "this pc" a icon in quick acess frequent folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make "this pc" a icon in quick acess frequent folders: HiThis probably seems silly, but here goes. When I open quick access, to get to my drives, I need to first click the desktop this pc option and then click this pc again to get to my drives. How can I make a shortcut directly to my drives?ThanksRick...
  3. FOLDERS ABV 50 IN QUICK ACESS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FOLDERS ABV 50 IN QUICK ACESS: GM MADAM/SIR, IS IT POSSIBLE TO INCRESE FOLDERS TO ABOVE 50 IN QUCICK ACESS MENU. REGDS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-abv-50-in-quick-acess/10dd0abb-4f44-482c-b191-9e3133535f73
  4. FOLDERS ABV 50 IN QUICK ACESS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FOLDERS ABV 50 IN QUICK ACESS: GM MADAM/SIR, IS IT POSSIBLE TO INCRESE FOLDERS TO ABOVE 50 IN QUCICK ACESS MENU. REGDS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-abv-50-in-quick-acess/10dd0abb-4f44-482c-b191-9e3133535f73
  5. i can not acess to my desktop folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can not acess to my desktop folder: I formatted my laptop and reinstall the new window after that I try to access the desktop folder with quick access but I got an errorHow can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-acess-to-my-desktop-folder/0081c84b-e856-4929-8521-61a46274de6c
  6. i can not acess to my desktop folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can not acess to my desktop folder: I formatted my laptop and reinstall the new window after that I try to access the desktop folder with quick access but I got an errorHow can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-acess-to-my-desktop-folder/0081c84b-e856-4929-8521-61a46274de6c
  7. i can not acess to my desktop folder

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Quick Acess itens are gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Acess itens are gone: Hi there. Whenever I open the Explorer folder or any folder for that matter on my laptop, there is a Quick Access shortcut with my quick access folders pinned on top. On my PC the Quick Access forders are not there. How to recover this option?...
  9. Grouping and Organizing Folders in Widows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Grouping and Organizing Folders in Widows 10: So a while ago I found out that you could group files, folders, and what not in your folder by type. I was wondering could you somehow mark that certain files are different so they aren't organized with all the other folders? I am not sure about this but as a person who...
  10. Quick Acess's Desktop Shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Acess's Desktop Shortcut: So, I started to use Quick Acess and everything seemed ok. But the thing is that, the 'Desktop' shortcut isn't showing my own desktop. It's only showing my program/games icons. Can you guys help me? Right now, it looks like this: [ATTACH] But it should look like this:...