Windows 10: Can I display Notification banners in the middle of the screen?

Discus and support Can I display Notification banners in the middle of the screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I would very much like for my Microsoft Teams notifications to pop up in the middle of the screen and not at the right bottom corner like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mibafe, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Mibafe Win User

Can I display Notification banners in the middle of the screen?

Hi all,

I would very much like for my Microsoft Teams notifications to pop up in the middle of the screen and not at the right bottom corner like all Notification Center banners. I receive important messages, often urgent ones via Teams but I sometimes miss the notification banner and then the change in icon appearance doesn't seem to catch my eye at all. Is there a way to have the Microsoft Teams notifications appear more visibly or to configure them so that they will not disappear from the screen until I personally close them? Thanks a lot in advance for your assistance!

:)

Mibafe, Jan 24, 2020

2. Mail Notification Banners not showing

Hi,

Do you want to turn on this feature for Windows 10 Mail app or Outlook 2013?

If you haven't performed these steps to display the New Email Notification banner for messages that you receive please follow the below steps:

1. In the search option of the taskbar type “Notifications & actions settings” without quote and press enter.

2. In Notifications & Actions, Show app notifications should be “On”. If it is not, click to the slider to turn on.

3. Scroll down to Show Notifications from these apps and click on
    Outlook.

4. Notifications should be “on”.

5. In the “Show notifications from these apps section” make sure Show notification banners should be “on” for Outlook 2013 application if you want to display banners in the lower right corner as messages arrive.

Note: The New Email Alert will only display when the message is delivered to the Inbox folder. If you want the alert to display for other messages you’ll need to make a rule to display the alert.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Mail sounds required, but not notification banners

Where do these settings come from? I don't have the same. 2 possible locations. Within "system", then "notifications and actions". But the options there are:

--------------------------------------------------------------

"get notifications from apps and other senders"

"show notifications on the lock screen"

"show reminders and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen"

"hide notifications when I'm duplicating my screen"

"show me the windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested"

Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use windows"

Then below that there is:

Autoplay

Banners, sounds

Cortana

Banners, sounds

Mail

Banners, sounds

Security and maintenance

Banners, sounds

Settings

Banners, sounds

xbox

off

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Mail notification settings there is:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Apply to all accounts checkbox (it's checked).

Below that there is:

Show notifications in the action centre.

Then

Show a notification banner

Play a sound

Show notifications for folders pinned to start.

---------------------------------------------------------

So it seems to me that what I want is for the "show a notification banner" to be *unchecked*, and "play a sound" to be *checked*.

However, if the "show a notification banner" is unchecked, then "play a sound" is greyed out. In other words it doesn't appear to be the case that I can have an email sound alert without getting popups/banners obscuring my screen.

IanWardell, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Can I display Notification banners in the middle of the screen?

Windows 10 Update Notification Banner During Fullscreen Windowed Mode Games

In Windows 10, action center is where to find your app notifications, as well as quick actions, which give you quick access to commonly used settings and apps. Change your action center settings at any time from the Settings app.

• Select the Start
      button, and then select the Settings
      app.
    • FOLLOW STEP 4.1 BELOW
    • Go to System >
      Notifications & actions.
    • Do any of the following:
      • Turn notifications, banners, and sounds on or off for some or all notification senders.
      • Choose whether to see notifications on the lock screen.
      • Choose whether to see notifications when you're duplicating your screen.
      • Choose the quick actions you'll see in action center.
      • Turn tips, tricks, and suggestions about Windows on or off.

V.4_Victory, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Can I display Notification banners in the middle of the screen?

1. Can I display Notification banners in the middle of the screen? - Similar Threads - display Notification banners

2. Calendar not displaying notification banner, even though notifications are on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar not displaying notification banner, even though notifications are on: As you can see, notifications are on, as well as notification banners. but the notification banners DO NOT show up when they're supposed to. Why is this????? they show up in the action center, but NOT as a banner. I need them to show up as a banner....
  3. Calendar not displaying notification banner, even though notifications are on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar not displaying notification banner, even though notifications are on: As you can see, notifications are on, as well as notification banners. but the notification banners DO NOT show up when they're supposed to. Why is this????? they show up in the action center, but NOT as a banner. I need them to show up as a banner....
  4. Calendar not displaying notification banner, even though notifications are on

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. unwanted banner notification

unwanted banner notification: MS sends me a notification stating an issue with password change. I have repeated a reply several times but keep getting same notification. The password change was over a year ago. What can I do?...
  6. Notifications banners

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Notifications banners: Two days ago I ran an upgrade and update from my Dell laptop and lost a couple of files which have since returned to normal, but I seem to have lost the notifications banners in Action Centre. I'm running windows 10 and google chrome is my browser. I'm not at all technically...
  7. Banner notification not working

Banner notification not working: My banner notification is not working although banner notification is already on. I already tried the sfc scan solution I read but it did not work either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/banner-notification-not-working/cc48011e-6f6b-4bb4-b8a5-5bb531eb49cd
  8. How do I disable this blue banner in the middle of my screen as a notification time warning?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I disable this blue banner in the middle of my screen as a notification time warning?: I am a member in the family. My father is the organizer and he needs to know how to disable this in order for it to help me. I am fimiliar with the screen time limits but I am concerned with me when I hit a certain time for an example 15 or 2 minutes a blue banner or bar in...
  9. Notification banners not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notification banners not working: I don't see any notification banners and its all turned on. How do i fix it? submitted by /u/anonymous12895190257 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gme9wy/notification_banners_not_working/
  10. Notifications in middle of screen

Notifications in middle of screen: Hi, my notifications keep popping up in the middle of the screen. I understand this probably has something to do with change in resolution every time I connect an external monitor. My suggestion is that since external monitors aren't going away any time soon, is there perhaps...