Can I display the DAY on the system tray clock?

Discus and support Can I display the DAY on the system tray clock? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have grown accustomed to having the day show in the system tray with the time and date... Now, I've been an IT guy now for going on about 15 years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Griznuq, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Griznuq Win User

I have grown accustomed to having the day show in the system tray with the time and date... Now, I've been an IT guy now for going on about 15 years just about, so I DO know my way around... And I know it makes me sound like an old man who maybe shouldn't have windows 10 yet, but I have Fridays off, and I do, in fact, forget what day it is sometimes!

Laugh if you will... I know I would. *Smile Seriously, I'm only 35...

Am I just completely missing this setting? Or does it indeed not yet exist?

:)

Griznuq, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

How can you widen the system tray area of the taskbar?

Which 'bit' of the Taskbar are you talking about?

- If it's the System Icons on the right then that automatically resizes when you choose which system icons you want to show/hide.

- If you are talking about the program icons area on the left, you may have to Unlock the Taskbar in the settings screen to allow it to be resized, which is identical to Windows 7/8 except, if I remember correctly, the default setting in Windows 7 was 'Unlocked',
    whereas the Default Setting in Windows 8/8.1/10 is 'Locked' .

Erdeslawe, Jul 29, 2015
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    How can you widen the system tray area of the taskbar?

Hi,

I understand the issue that you are facing and will try to resolve it the best possible way we can.

System tray cannot be widen manually or Windows do not have the button to do that however they can be re-size the system by checking the buttons of which icons you want to see.

Follow the steps.

• Click start menu
      and click on setting.

• Click on System and select
      notifications & actions.

• Click on “Select which icons appear on the task bar” and select the desire icon you want to see on the system tray.

• Click on “Turn system icons on or off” and select which icons you want to see on system tray.
    Also, you can give your feedback using feedback hub.

Get back to us with the result and we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Klopek Win User

If you unlock the taskbar and double its height, the day will be shown in the system tray.

Klopek, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Griznuq Win User
    Bah...

So I DO have it doubled, and it's not there, however if I TRIPLE the height, it shows... Or I could uncheck "use smaller icons", and then they're HUGE... but I get the day.

Harmph.

Griznuq, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Kyoumei Win User
    Kyoumei, Jul 30, 2015
  7. ageor Win User
    ageor, Mar 26, 2017
  8. MEH
    meh Win User

I was about to suggest T-Clock Redux as well. Although I run the latest beta (2.4.2 build 459) and there seems to be a minor bug that makes the clock a bit too wide sometimes, and it pushes the Action Center icon partially off screen.

Edit: I think I have found a workaround for this. I reduced the width of the clock (under T-Clock Redux's "Clock Text" options tab) to the lowest value I could without cutting off the text. This happened to be -20 for me, but will vary depending on which font you use. (I use 11-point Tahoma.) I have not had the Action Center icon issue since doing this.

Also, I have always had an issue knowing what day of the week it was. No apologies and no need to joke about your age or whatever.

Thema:

1. Can I display the DAY on the system tray clock? - Similar Threads - display system tray

2. i do not have a start button, how do i get one?

in Windows 10 Customization
    i do not have a start button, how do i get one?: I do not have a start menu. how do I get it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/i-do-not-have-a-start-button-how-do-i-get-one/68c1bff7-f3a1-4e4a-a36a-1e9b7de074cb
  3. Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...: Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to do it but I'm the admin. My laptop has only one user account and it´s the administrator, and I´ve installed whatsapp using this account, so I don't understand why I don't have the...
  4. Error code 0x80042405 - 0xAD01A every time I try to download windows 10 home onto a USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code 0x80042405 - 0xAD01A every time I try to download windows 10 home onto a USB: I'am trying to download windows 10 onto a flash drive to put onto another computer. The usb is clear and formatted but I get an error everytime its finished saying that there was a problem running this tool. PLEASE HELP!!!...
  5. Several errors with 1803 I need help fixing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Several errors with 1803 I need help fixing: I have an Inspiron 5566 laptop with Windows 10 Home I have been fighting against the automatic update to 1803 for many weeks (I had been on 1709), because every time it would automatically install I would have to roll back to the previous version because I was unable to...
  6. I have bought an antivirus : bitfender antivirus plus 2018. After installation my network...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have bought an antivirus : bitfender antivirus plus 2018. After installation my network...: I tried to resolve but nothing seemed to work. I don t know what to . Also I tried to talk with a person at Microsoft chat, still doesn t work ....
  7. Screen display size

Screen display size: How do I change the size of my screen display. I have a monitor inside a cabinet but the cabinet isn't wide enough for the screen so most of the icons on the left side are hidden. I need to make the display narrower. Thanks....
  8. Searches fail. Can this be corrected?

in Windows 10 Support
    Searches fail. Can this be corrected?: Is there anything one can do to make Win 10 find stuff correctly? I had this idea Search wasn't working properly and now have confirmed it. Here's what I do, open a folder on the desktop and I can see the files. I click the Search box at top left of screen and type something...
  9. As soon as I open an app with a lower default resolution, a notification appears warning me...

As soon as I open an app with a lower default resolution, a notification appears warning me...: The game Garry's Mod has a very low default resolution of 600 x 400, as it's fairly old. This should be no big deal -- I could just change the resolution to native once I'm in the game. However, as soon as I launch it or switch Windows, a notification pops up telling me that...
  10. I can't get the microsoft malicious software removal toot to run a scan.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't get the microsoft malicious software removal toot to run a scan.: I can't get the microsoft malicious software removal toot to run a scan. It's always worked before. I ran an updated Avast antivirus scan and Malware bytes scan: they didn't find any viruses or malware. Can someone help me?...