Windows 10: Can I display the DAY on the system tray clock?

Discus and support Can I display the DAY on the system tray clock? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have grown accustomed to having the day show in the system tray with the time and date... Now, I've been an IT guy now for going on about 15 years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Griznuq, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Griznuq Win User

Can I display the DAY on the system tray clock?

I have grown accustomed to having the day show in the system tray with the time and date... Now, I've been an IT guy now for going on about 15 years just about, so I DO know my way around... And I know it makes me sound like an old man who maybe shouldn't have windows 10 yet, but I have Fridays off, and I do, in fact, forget what day it is sometimes!

Laugh if you will... I know I would. *Smile Seriously, I'm only 35...

Am I just completely missing this setting? Or does it indeed not yet exist?

:)

Griznuq, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

How can you widen the system tray area of the taskbar?

Which 'bit' of the Taskbar are you talking about?

- If it's the System Icons on the right then that automatically resizes when you choose which system icons you want to show/hide.

- If you are talking about the program icons area on the left, you may have to Unlock the Taskbar in the settings screen to allow it to be resized, which is identical to Windows 7/8 except, if I remember correctly, the default setting in Windows 7 was 'Unlocked',
    whereas the Default Setting in Windows 8/8.1/10 is 'Locked' .

Erdeslawe, Jul 29, 2015
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    How can you widen the system tray area of the taskbar?

Hi,

I understand the issue that you are facing and will try to resolve it the best possible way we can.

System tray cannot be widen manually or Windows do not have the button to do that however they can be re-size the system by checking the buttons of which icons you want to see.

Follow the steps.

• Click start menu
      and click on setting.

• Click on System and select
      notifications & actions.

• Click on “Select which icons appear on the task bar” and select the desire icon you want to see on the system tray.

• Click on “Turn system icons on or off” and select which icons you want to see on system tray.
    Also, you can give your feedback using feedback hub.

Get back to us with the result and we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Klopek Win User

If you unlock the taskbar and double its height, the day will be shown in the system tray.

Klopek, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Griznuq Win User
    Bah...

So I DO have it doubled, and it's not there, however if I TRIPLE the height, it shows... Or I could uncheck "use smaller icons", and then they're HUGE... but I get the day.

Harmph.

Griznuq, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Kyoumei Win User
    Kyoumei, Jul 30, 2015
  7. ageor Win User
    ageor, Mar 26, 2017
  8. MEH
    meh Win User

I was about to suggest T-Clock Redux as well. Although I run the latest beta (2.4.2 build 459) and there seems to be a minor bug that makes the clock a bit too wide sometimes, and it pushes the Action Center icon partially off screen.

Edit: I think I have found a workaround for this. I reduced the width of the clock (under T-Clock Redux's "Clock Text" options tab) to the lowest value I could without cutting off the text. This happened to be -20 for me, but will vary depending on which font you use. (I use 11-point Tahoma.) I have not had the Action Center icon issue since doing this.

Also, I have always had an issue knowing what day of the week it was. No apologies and no need to joke about your age or whatever.

Thema:

1. Can I display the DAY on the system tray clock? - Similar Threads - display system tray

2. Moving the clock and system tray in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving the clock and system tray in windows 11: Is there anyway to adjust the position of the system tray and clock on the taskbar that doesn't involve moving the taskbar itself? I have an ultrawide monitor and the centered taskbar has been great, but for some reason the system tray and clock aren't part of it. I am trying...
  3. Moving the clock and system tray in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving the clock and system tray in windows 11: Is there anyway to adjust the position of the system tray and clock on the taskbar that doesn't involve moving the taskbar itself? I have an ultrawide monitor and the centered taskbar has been great, but for some reason the system tray and clock aren't part of it. I am trying...
  4. How to display seconds when I click system tray clock in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to display seconds when I click system tray clock in Windows 11?: Anyone know if/when this feature will be added? Had no problem displaying it on Win 10, but doesn't appear to be any way to enable this on Win 11.. How can you take away such essential features like showing the time?...
  5. How to display seconds when I click system tray clock in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to display seconds when I click system tray clock in Windows 11?: Anyone know if/when this feature will be added? Had no problem displaying it on Win 10, but doesn't appear to be any way to enable this on Win 11.. How can you take away such essential features like showing the time?...
  6. System Tray Icon Will Not Display.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Tray Icon Will Not Display.: Win 10 x64On my system tray I have several icons for running programs. I know to to set them up to display.One of the programs is running, as confirmed by various methods but refuses to display on the system tray.The icon is activated but it just does not show. As all the...
  7. System Tray Icon Will Not Display.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Tray Icon Will Not Display.: Win 10 x64On my system tray I have several icons for running programs. I know to to set them up to display.One of the programs is running, as confirmed by various methods but refuses to display on the system tray.The icon is activated but it just does not show. As all the...
  8. How to show the date and day of the week next to (not on top of) the clock in the system tray?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to show the date and day of the week next to (not on top of) the clock in the system tray?: All the answers on google are either for something else, like making the taskbar taller, or outdated instructions, like right-clicking the taskbar and clicking properties. Thanks submitted by /u/Jade-Gate [link] [comments]...
  9. how can i display the date in the system tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can i display the date in the system tray: how can I display the date as well as time in the system tray? How can I change the format which is displayed? Currently the time is displayed in 24 hour format military time....
  10. CPU usage of system tray clock

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU usage of system tray clock: Still getting over the teething troubles of upgrading from Windows 7... I opened the Task Manager and found the System Tray clock was using 14% of the CPU - permanently. ( I have also installed White Tiger T-Clock Redux which is running alongside this.) I stopped T-Clock,...