Windows 10: Can I do a clean install of windows 10, I have already installed it once.

Discus and support Can I do a clean install of windows 10, I have already installed it once. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to do clean install of W10, rundll32.exe was uninstalled and now I am having booting errors, but still am capable of booting windows. I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Becky112, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Becky112 Win User

Can I do a clean install of windows 10, I have already installed it once.

I want to do clean install of W10, rundll32.exe was uninstalled and now I am having booting errors, but still am capable of booting windows. I got this error after do a systems check, logfile D:\WINDOWS\system32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt I think I uninstalled rundll32.exe because it was slowing my hp down, with intentions of reinstalling but now I completely lost.

<Moved from MSN>

:)

Becky112, Jul 18, 2018

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 19, 2018
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Can I do a clean install of windows 10, I have already installed it once.

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

Can I do a clean install of windows 10, I have already installed it once.

1. Can I do a clean install of windows 10, I have already installed it once. - Similar Threads - clean install already

2. How do i locate a game i already have installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i locate a game i already have installed: I just reset my pc but only on the windows drive not the one with my games i reinstalled the xbox app now is there any way for me to locate the app on my other drive or di o have to completely reinstall the game...
  3. Windows Installer keeps trying to install something I already have

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Installer keeps trying to install something I already have: Windows Installer keeps trying to install HP PhotoSmart Essentials. This is already on the computer. It startrs this everytime I start up & it takes a day or two of cancelling it till it stops I did recently install a new printer, but the install seemed to go fine & this...
  4. How many times do I have to do a clean install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How many times do I have to do a clean install?: Windows speech recognition never worked from the beginning. Did a lot of tweaks to try to get it to work. Still it gives the same error "The language must be the same as the UI language". Standard Default US English. I could rant a lot better if I had speech recognition....
  5. If I do a clean install of windows 10 from installation media, can I still recover files...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If I do a clean install of windows 10 from installation media, can I still recover files...: I've been having weird problems with windows on my computer for a while now, I have tried resetting and refreshing windows but it keeps failing, so it seems I have to reinstall from installation media, I have already burnt a dvd with build 2004 and know how to reinstall, but...
  6. can i download itunes from microsoft if i have installed already

in Windows 10 Customization
    can i download itunes from microsoft if i have installed already: can I download itunes from microsoft if I have installed already? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-download-itunes-from-microsoft-if-i-have/5c39d717-5a51-4215-9775-017130dae151
  7. Can I do a clean install of windows 10, I have already installed it once.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I do a clean install of windows 10, I have already installed it once.: I want to do clean install of W10, rundll32.exe was uninstalled and now I am having booting errors, but still am capable of booting windows. I got this error after do a systems check, logfile D:\WINDOWS\system32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt I think I uninstalled...
  8. Do I have to reinstall MSE after a clean install

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I have to reinstall MSE after a clean install: Hello, After a clean Win 10 Install, do I have to download and install Microsoft Security Essentials? 10624
  9. Will I be able to do a clean install of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will I be able to do a clean install of Windows 10?: Hope this has not been asked before. I have the Windows 7 disc which I purchased and since then have upgraded to Windows 8 & 8.1 via the Windows Store. When Windows 10 is released I'd like to do a fresh install. Does anyone know if this will be possible or would I have...
  10. Can I go back and just do a clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I go back and just do a clean install: I originally followed the path to upgrade my 8.1 Pro to Windows 10. Everything went fine and I created the USB during the process. Activation was OK. Then after a few days and some unusual problems I reloaded my last Image of 8.1 Pro. Question is Can I go back and just do a...