Windows 10: Can I do a clean reinstall of windows 10 with a windows 8 disc?

Discus and support Can I do a clean reinstall of windows 10 with a windows 8 disc? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to essentially factory reset my PC so I would like to install windows 10 again but all I have is the windows 8 disc I used to install windows 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kent Nguyen, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Can I do a clean reinstall of windows 10 with a windows 8 disc?

I want to essentially factory reset my PC so I would like to install windows 10 again but all I have is the windows 8 disc I used to install windows 8 at first which I then upgraded to 10 when the free upgrade was available.

:)

Kent Nguyen, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 12, 2018
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Oct 12, 2018
  4. pigulici Win User

Can I do a clean reinstall of windows 10 with a windows 8 disc?

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Yes, still work, no need to call, just be sure to have internet access when you start to install 10, I work at pc shop and did this few days ago, used a key of 7 to put clean 10(wasn't used for upgrade).

pigulici, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Can I do a clean reinstall of windows 10 with a windows 8 disc?

1. Can I do a clean reinstall of windows 10 with a windows 8 disc? - Similar Threads - clean reinstall disc

2. Doing a clean reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Doing a clean reinstall: Hi,My laptop came with Windows 10 Home edition and it got upgraded to Windows 11 Home. Now I have upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro. If I perform a clean reinstall of my system, will I be able to install Windows Pro 11 without having to purchase a license again...
  3. Doing a clean reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Doing a clean reinstall: Hi,My laptop came with Windows 10 Home edition and it got upgraded to Windows 11 Home. Now I have upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro. If I perform a clean reinstall of my system, will I be able to install Windows Pro 11 without having to purchase a license again...
  4. How can I clean boot with Windows 7/8/8.1/10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I clean boot with Windows 7/8/8.1/10?: Performing a clean boot in Windows 8/8,1/101. Sign in to the computer as an administrator. 2. In the search box on the taskbar, type msconfig and select System Configuration from the results.Important: If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings might...
  5. How can I clean boot with Windows 7/8/8.1/10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I clean boot with Windows 7/8/8.1/10?: Performing a clean boot in Windows 8/8,1/101. Sign in to the computer as an administrator. 2. In the search box on the taskbar, type msconfig and select System Configuration from the results.Important: If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings might...
  6. If I previously upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 can I reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If I previously upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 can I reinstall: Windows 10 on the same computer via Windows 10 installation media or do I need to reinstall Windows 8 first then upgrade back to Windows 10? My key was originally for Windows 8, but it worked and I was able to upgrade to Windows 10 using it 2 years ago. Please note, that I...
  7. Clean reinstallation stuck at 8%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean reinstallation stuck at 8%: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DoromaYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gnn9gi/clean_reinstallation_stuck_at_8/
  8. Clean reinstall Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clean reinstall Windows 10: Lost admin rights 2nd Time and I'm trying to reinstall Win10 using the Media Creation Tool 1909. Unable to get my computer to boot from the USB drive the tool is on. No matter which option I choose, it boots to the sign in screen. Any help is appreciated....
  9. Reinstall Windows from a Clean Formatted Hard Disc Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows from a Clean Formatted Hard Disc Drive: Hello I have a big question to ask. What I want to do is - - - Updated - - - Hello Members, Sorry about the above message. I accidently pushed the enter key too early. Anyway what I have is a refurbished HP Notebook, that is only 2 years old. What I want to do is...
  10. Reinstall Windows 10 without disc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall Windows 10 without disc: Please help. I have been having a lot of problems with my computer so I did a system restore and it took me back to Windows 7. I purchased Windows 10 back in January 2017 and I have a license key. Where do I go to reinstall Windows 10? Thank you....