Windows 10: Can i do a format in Windows 10????

Discus and support Can i do a format in Windows 10???? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Without the windows 10 cd is it possible to do a format??? and if so, can u tell me the steps??? Thanks*Smile 12275 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by georgemiller, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Can i do a format in Windows 10????

Without the windows 10 cd is it possible to do a format???
    and if so, can u tell me the steps???
    Thanks*Smile

:)

georgemiller, Aug 2, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

How do I format a CD so I can download pictures for my friends. I never had problems with this task before

Do your friends' computers have USB ports? A USB flash drive is so much easier to work with. CDs are such old technology and they're finicky.

If you really want to be modern ... these days pictures are most easily shared online. Upload them to the cloud, like
    Google Photos oops I meant OneDrive and send your friends a link. Easy peezy.

BulldogXX, Aug 2, 2015
  3. How do I format a CD so I can download pictures for my friends. I never had problems with this task before

Forget the question as I resolved it on my own. For those of you who suggested flash drives, I have used them in the past, BUT they are easily lost due to their small size plus they are difficult to label. CD'S may not be current technology, but people like
    them as gifts as they can be easily labeled as to date and content.

Thank you. Anne

AnneTisdell, Aug 2, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Can i do a format in Windows 10????

You need to either use a DVD with Win10 on it or a USB flash drive.

BunnyJ, Aug 2, 2015
  5. and how am i supposed to have it? (pirate) ???

georgemiller, Aug 2, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    Do you mean formatting the boot drive? As others have posted, you'd need bootable install media, typically a DVD or (my preference) a USB flash drive.

bobkn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can i do a format in Windows 10????

1. Can i do a format in Windows 10???? - Similar Threads - format

2. Why can't i view photo formats that beggins with "DSC"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't i view photo formats that beggins with "DSC"?: Hi, my name's Mario AustinI quote this support message in order to get supported and answers for my issues. I own a Laptop which specs are the followings: Windows 10, IntelR CoreTM i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.71 GHz, version 22H2, in addition, my pc is up to date.The reason of...
  3. Why can't i view photo formats that beggins with "DSC"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't i view photo formats that beggins with "DSC"?: Hi, my name's Mario AustinI quote this support message in order to get supported and answers for my issues. I own a Laptop which specs are the followings: Windows 10, IntelR CoreTM i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.71 GHz, version 22H2, in addition, my pc is up to date.The reason of...
  4. Why can't i view photo formats that beggins with "DSC"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My SD card cannot be checked by chkdsk, nor can be formatted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My SD card cannot be checked by chkdsk, nor can be formatted: HiWhenever I copying or sending files into my SD Card, they were not saved into the SD card.So, I tried running the chkdsk d: /f where the d is the letter assigned to my SD card, but the operation didn't compete successfully only 62 percent completed.........
  6. My SD card cannot be checked by chkdsk, nor can be formatted

My SD card cannot be checked by chkdsk, nor can be formatted: HiWhenever I copying or sending files into my SD Card, they were not saved into the SD card.So, I tried running the chkdsk d: /f where the d is the letter assigned to my SD card, but the operation didn't compete successfully only 62 percent completed.........
  7. My SD card cannot be checked by chkdsk, nor can be formatted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. "it appears that we dont support this file format"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "it appears that we dont support this file format": So, i found some CD's with photos taken on camera like 15 years ago and some pics work and i can see them but they mostly dont and it just says "it appears that we dont support this file format" its really important for me to see these pics if you could help me i would be...
  9. "it appears that we dont support this file format"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "it appears that we dont support this file format": So, i found some CD's with photos taken on camera like 15 years ago and some pics work and i can see them but they mostly dont and it just says "it appears that we dont support this file format" its really important for me to see these pics if you could help me i would be...
  10. "it appears that we dont support this file format"