Windows 10: Can I do a full scan on all connected Hard Drives?

Discus and support Can I do a full scan on all connected Hard Drives? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have 2 external HD's connected to my PC. The PC has 2 internal HD's inside it. Can I get Windows Defender to scan all of them when I ask for a Full... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ArtRudnick, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Can I do a full scan on all connected Hard Drives?

I have 2 external HD's connected to my PC. The PC has 2 internal HD's inside it. Can I get Windows Defender to scan all of them when I ask for a Full Scan? Or do I have to do one at a time? My Kaspersky would let me do this.

:)

ArtRudnick, Dec 15, 2018

2. How do I scan external hard drive

Hello Kevin,

If you already have antivirus software installed, then scanning an external hard drive should be simple.

• Connect your external hard drive to your desktop, wait for your computer to recognize that your external hard drive has been connected.
    • Open My Pc on your desktop, and select the external hard drive and scan it.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Can I do a full scan on all connected Hard Drives?

Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Can I do a full scan on all connected Hard Drives?

1. Can I do a full scan on all connected Hard Drives? - Similar Threads - full scan connected

2. Full hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Full hard drive: I recently received a warning that my hard drive was full. My laptop is a HP 255 G3, which I understood had 5 GB RAM and 500 GB memory. When I checked storage it showed Local Disk C: - 930 GB and that over 860 GB was taken over by Apps & features. I have done some...
  3. Full hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full hard drive: I recently received a warning that my hard drive was full. My laptop is a HP 255 G3, which I understood had 5 GB RAM and 500 GB memory. When I checked storage it showed Local Disk C: - 930 GB and that over 860 GB was taken over by Apps & features. I have done some...
  4. Full hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I update windows in a full Hard Drive after inserting a new hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I update windows in a full Hard Drive after inserting a new hard drive?: I have an ASUS L402S model laptop. It has a Hard Drive storage of 28.s gb. I have a 11 gb update but I have only 1 gb as free space. I inserted a TOSHIBA MQ04ABF100 model hard drive, which has 931 gb space or in a way 1 tb. My question is can I combine 2 drives and make extra...
  6. hard drive gets full when external drive is connected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hard drive gets full when external drive is connected: when I leave my laptop turned on my drive C: will gain 100 gigabytes per night if one of my external hard drives are connected!!! I scan the drive for virus and malware and everything seems ok both on my computer and the external drive. laptop: Lenovo Flex 5 OS: Windows...
  7. hard disk drive is full

hard disk drive is full: I am trying to free up spaces in my c drive. It seems my outlook pst file occupies a lot of space. I am trying to clear it, but still don't solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-drive-is-full/90f1de05-270c-4c3a-8779-a30c0cf05194
  8. All scans of mapped drive fail (full, quick, custom)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    All scans of mapped drive fail (full, quick, custom): Hi! I'm having a problem with the Custom Scan operation in Windows Defender. I use this frequently on my local machine, but when I try to scan my NAS (mapped as "H") it fails taking anywhere from several seconds to 13-minutes but always showing 0 files scanned. The topology...
  9. how can i run a full scan?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how can i run a full scan?: how can I run a full scan on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-run-a-full-scan/32c769e6-8b58-49fd-9b7d-78339d4a9eaa"
  10. full hard drive

full hard drive: i have huge temp files appearing evry few minutes. most are AppXpackaging event logsas a consequence the computer hard drive is full and frozen. It fills up faster than I can delete the files. help there is also a text document referencing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does JRT scan all drives connected to your computer