Windows 10: Can I do a 'system restore' to get rid of virus / malware?

Discus and support Can I do a 'system restore' to get rid of virus / malware? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, My computer may have gotten a virus/ bug / malware. If it did, could I use "system restore" to go back to a point before the malware? And then... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SME.TX.BX, Jan 30, 2020.

1. SME.TX.BX Win User

Can I do a 'system restore' to get rid of virus / malware?

Hi,

My computer may have gotten a virus/ bug / malware. If it did, could I use "system restore" to go back to a point before the malware? And then would the malware be gone / problem solved?

I see that I can go back to Jan 26 before the possible infection. I am willing to do that if it solves things.

Thank you in advance.!

:)

SME.TX.BX, Jan 30, 2020
  2. Widjaja Win User

Windows XP doesn't not detect anti-virus after system restore

I system restored after noticing nero was not removed properly so I system restored which didn't work and now security center thinks I have no anti virus installed when I do.

How do I get rid of this problem besides switching to monitoring the anti virus myself to get rid of the red shield in the system tray?
    I can't possibly need to reinstall windows to get rid of the problem?

Widjaja, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    Rooted Malware, Virus, and Trojan Infection, Keylogger Trojan Malware

Hi,

Please click the link below and follow Stephen Boots' suggestion on how to remove Trojan virus on your computer:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mel Tar, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Can I do a 'system restore' to get rid of virus / malware?

Restore specific backup date to get rid of malware

I have malware that has infested my Chrome browser with Yahoo and I cannot get rid of it. I want to restore my system back to August 20, 2018 to see if that will get rid of it. None of the malware software programs has had any effect whatsoever. Help
    Me!!

SherylRobinson2, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Can I do a 'system restore' to get rid of virus / malware?

1. Can I do a 'system restore' to get rid of virus / malware? - Similar Threads - 'system restore' rid

2. how do i get rid of altruistics virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i get rid of altruistics virus?: I downloaded a game and this appeared in my laptop. i already tried uninstalling it from the control panel but the thing is still there on task manager. please help me :...
  3. How to get rid of Critical Virus Alert malware?

How to get rid of Critical Virus Alert malware?: After watching a questionable movie website, I started to have this Critical Virus Alert, and being asked to "run scan now". It pops up when the computer opens. The address attached is "fjvv2i.nonspewpa.com" . I have run several malware and virus scans and can't seem to get...
  4. How to get rid of Critical Virus Alert malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of Critical Virus Alert malware?: After watching a questionable movie website, I started to have this Critical Virus Alert, and being asked to "run scan now". It pops up when the computer opens. The address attached is "fjvv2i.nonspewpa.com" . I have run several malware and virus scans and can't seem to get...
  5. How to get rid of Critical Virus Alert malware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How do you get rid of the captchatopsource virus/malware?

How do you get rid of the captchatopsource virus/malware?: I went to a website and it told me to click on something to fulfill the captcha request. Now I get notifications on my desktop all the time and am having trouble installing and uninstalling apps. Windows Defender can't seem to fix it and none of the other antivirus or...
  7. Can doing this delete virus/malware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can doing this delete virus/malware: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/daddysuxkz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpu44p/can_doing_this_delete_virusmalware/
  8. Virus? How Do I Get Rid Of It?

Virus? How Do I Get Rid Of It?: I haven't downloaded anything recently, but I'm getting some weird notifications from request4me.com in my notifications. I can't seem to get rid of them. Some of them are pretty shocking, like for adult sites and even fake virus protection. All I do on my PC is play Skyrim...
  9. Restore specific backup date to get rid of malware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore specific backup date to get rid of malware: I have malware that has infested my Chrome browser with Yahoo and I cannot get rid of it. I want to restore my system back to August 20, 2018 to see if that will get rid of it. None of the malware software programs has had any effect whatsoever. Help Me!!...
  10. Work Product Group Inc virus and other malware- how do I get rid of it?

Work Product Group Inc virus and other malware- how do I get rid of it?: I accidentally downloaded work group inc and all other sorts of malware on my laptop. Im scanning my computer nonstop and it seems like there is an endless amount of trojans, PUPs, and whatnot on my laptop. I'm in desperate need of help- it seems like I just can't stop the...