Windows 10: Can I Do This With One Drive?

Discus and support Can I Do This With One Drive? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a folder on my E: drive that I want to access from anywhere on our home Lan. I've always ignored One Drive because the first I ever knew about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by abrogard, Oct 3, 2020.

1. abrogard Win User

Can I Do This With One Drive?

I have a folder on my E: drive that I want to access from anywhere on our home Lan.

I've always ignored One Drive because the first I ever knew about it was when it told me it was full. Before I ever asked it to do anything.

So I looked at it now and I've just spent half an hour googling and reading and trying and it seems I can't just select that folder and tell OneDrive to look after it. Is that right?

There seems to be only a preselected set of folders: 'document', 'desktop' etc.. and that's it.

And there seems to be another version - pro version or enhanced or something after that style - which you no doubt pay a monthly rent for and I'm thinking maybe the way it is set up is to guide you into that thing and I won't find the functionality I want until I sign up for that.

Is that right?

Or if I can do what I want, how do I do it?

And isn't it amazing how you can read page after page after page and not find a mention of that simple thing?

And what about alternatives 'built in' - isn't there a google drive or something for instance? is that any better?

:)

abrogard, Oct 3, 2020
  2. little cat, Oct 3, 2020
  3. rhegde Win User
    Suggestions for Maps/Drive

Some more suggestions

- When you set a destination in drive, you should be able to set an address which is existing in the contact list

- You should be able to view all step by step navigations. right now you are not able to see complete direction steps.

rhegde, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Anak Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

Can I Do This With One Drive? [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

Anak, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Can I Do This With One Drive? - Similar Threads - Drive

2. My OS C: Drive is mysteriously eating up space….

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My OS C: Drive is mysteriously eating up space….: So, about a week ago my C: drive space is about 101 GB and yesterday after I did my windows update, it went down to 74 GB. Now, I am stuck at 80.6 GB. Why is the Hard Drive keeps filling up by itself automatically for no reason on Windows 10? It will probably will go down...
  3. Creating a bootable USB drive from a Mac

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a bootable USB drive from a Mac: Hey everyone, need some help creating a bootable windows 10 USB drive with a MacBook Pro 2017 era. From what I’ve gathered I can’t use windows media creation tool, and boot camp assistant on my computer will not allow me to set my USB as the destination for the ISO files....
  4. System Image Backup Drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Image Backup Drives: I purchased a Toshiba 2TB external hard drive-I made a system image from that. I decided something did not feel right about the drive, the drive was an awkward looking size. I deleted the system image and returned it. I had almost 6 hours of back up on this drive and it...
  5. Can't Open External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Open External Hard Drive: Hi! I have an external hard drive G-Drive mobile USB with files from an old mac. When I plug it in it shows up as an icon and in my devices and printers but I am unable to access the files on it. When I click on it all that opens up is a properties window. In this window...
  6. After update, External hard drive shows up as a network drive

After update, External hard drive shows up as a network drive: MS did it again. I made no changes whatsoever to anything and now this. External 1TB HDD shows up as a network drive under "Network locations". External hard drive shows up as a network drive - - - Updated - - - [img] - - - Updated - - - I see the 4 internal SSDs but...
  7. New hard drive, cannot boot from USB

New hard drive, cannot boot from USB: Recently I made a thread about not being able to boot my computer. I decided to buy a new hard drive in case that one was failing, but still have made no progress. The problem is that whenever I try to boot from the USB, the Windows logo flashes for a second then I'm stuck on...
  8. how to get genuine Operating system after formatting hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to get genuine Operating system after formatting hard drive: kindly help me to get my original os after hard ware changes in my laptop to ssd and please guide me to get my digitally activated os https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-genuine-operating-system-after/8dc7da37-a554-42c8-a567-9674950e20b6
  9. One Drive folders empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive folders empty: Hi , I am in a terrible state as my One Drive folders are there but are empty inside. Please can someone help? Thanks Lynne https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-folders-empty/edb3e80d-0567-4425-b90b-d86065ad9904
  10. Getting apps onto D drive insteaad of C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting apps onto D drive insteaad of C Drive: Hi, I have just bought a new PC which has a small SSD C Drive and large HD D Drive. I have already had to uninstall and reinstall windows 10 Pro because the C drive got so full so quickly and nothing would work. I have done some research and found the following but it does...