Windows 10: Can I Downgrade a new Dell laptop with Windows 10 to Windows 7?

Discus and support Can I Downgrade a new Dell laptop with Windows 10 to Windows 7? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I'm thinking about getting a new Dell XPS laptop. It comes installed with Windows 10. I would rather use Windows 7. My question can I format the the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jjadus, Aug 29, 2015.

1. jjadus Win User

Can I Downgrade a new Dell laptop with Windows 10 to Windows 7?

Hi I'm thinking about getting a new Dell XPS laptop. It comes installed with Windows 10. I would rather use Windows 7. My question can I format the the new Dell laptop and install a new copy of Windows 7. Or are there too many driver specific components on a new XPS that need Windows 10 to function properly. Thanks

:)

jjadus, Aug 29, 2015

2. Downgrade

Hi

I have a Dell laptop running on windows 8, I was told I can update it free to 8.1 and then to 10. Can I downgrade it back to windows 8 if some of the applications will not work on the new windows 10. If I can downgrade, please explain how?

Thank you.

Pavan.

Pavantadepalli2015, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 home downgrade to Windows 8.1

I recently bought a Dell laptop with Windows 10 home pre-installed. Can I downgrade to Windows 8.1? How? Thanks.

donricardotti, Aug 29, 2015
  4. Can I Downgrade a new Dell laptop with Windows 10 to Windows 7?

Why would you want to install a new copy of Win10 to a laptop already containing Win10? I'm guessing this was a typo on your part and you meant a new copy of Win7, right?

It's very likely that will NOT work. Why? Because there are likely to be no Win7 drivers for a brand new laptop. Laptops are known to contain specialized hardware which require specialize drivers. IF the Dell site doesn't list Win7 drivers for your laptop, I would advise against trying to downgrade it.

Mark Phelps, Aug 29, 2015
  5. jjadus Win User
    Sorry I wanted to use 7 instead of 10. My mistake

jjadus, Aug 29, 2015
  6. jjadus Win User
    So do you have Win 10 and how do you like it?

jjadus, Aug 29, 2015
  7. Charlie Win User
    Hey jj
    I do like ten. This is what you want to do. Go to dell business laptops online. By one with windows 7 on it then upgrade to ten and get your free activation. Then you can go back to Win 7 for as long as MS supports it. You have both doing it that way*Biggrin

Can I Downgrade a new  Dell laptop with Windows 10 to Windows 7? [​IMG]

Charlie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can I Downgrade a new Dell laptop with Windows 10 to Windows 7?

1. Can I Downgrade a new Dell laptop with Windows 10 to Windows 7? - Similar Threads - Downgrade Dell laptop

2. Windows 11 can Downgrade to windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 can Downgrade to windows 7?: Customers still want to use Windows 7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-can-downgrade-to-windows-7/d57bf170-72a4-4b1a-b9cf-d9ee9b5583cf
  3. Windows 11 can Downgrade to windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can Downgrade to windows 7?: Customers still want to use Windows 7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-can-downgrade-to-windows-7/d57bf170-72a4-4b1a-b9cf-d9ee9b5583cf
  4. Downgrading a new Windows 11 Laptop to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrading a new Windows 11 Laptop to Windows 10?: I just want to check that it is possible to downgrade a Laptop that was purchased with windows 11 to windows 10 without having to purchase a windows 10 licence?Thanks in advance...
  5. downgrade window 10 to window 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downgrade window 10 to window 7: The laptop is automatically upgraded to Windows 10. And the window update is compulsive. Since the laptop is too old to handle window 10, how can I downgrade to window 7....
  6. Windows 7 reformatted with a new Windows 10 update. Can I still downgrade without the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 reformatted with a new Windows 10 update. Can I still downgrade without the...: Hello! I recently had a windows 7 software 4 months ago until my computer was reformatted with a windows 10 update. I noticed that my games were laggy from 240 fps max to 60 fps stable. This has caused to wonder about downgrading to windows 7. Although, I tried to look for...
  7. Can I use Windows 10 key to downgrade to Windows 7?

Can I use Windows 10 key to downgrade to Windows 7?: Last year Microsoft updated to laptop to Windows 10 without my permission. It completely screwed it up. I have since switched to a Chromebook for most of my daily needs, but i still have a couple programs that only run on Windows. I didn't get installation disks with my...
  8. downgrade windows 10 to 7

downgrade windows 10 to 7: Hi, The Windows downgrade option is not available and not showing up in the recovery setting. Looking for solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-windows-10-to-7/f7a8c920-f220-4104-b5c7-15dcf08dc9c0
  9. Can i downgrade to windows 7

Can i downgrade to windows 7: Hello, Can i downgrade my system to windows 7?,my specs: Intel Core i3 6006u @2.0Ghz Nvidia Geforce 940MX 4gb ram(2.60gb usable) 500gb hard drive also my laptop model is:Acer E15 E5 575g-33QB it has windows 10 pre installed 104051
  10. Can i downgrade my windows 10 laptop in default back to windows 7?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i downgrade my windows 10 laptop in default back to windows 7?: If so, can i run it on UEFI BIOS setting? Are there drivers of mine which supports also the windows 7? 53085