Windows 10: Can i downgrade my windows 10 laptop in default back to windows 7?

Discus and support Can i downgrade my windows 10 laptop in default back to windows 7? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If so, can i run it on UEFI BIOS setting? Are there drivers of mine which supports also the windows 7? 53085 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Load, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Load Win User

Can i downgrade my windows 10 laptop in default back to windows 7?

If so, can i run it on UEFI BIOS setting? Are there drivers of mine which supports also the windows 7?

:)

2. TeGato Win User

Can I downgrade from windows 10 to windows 8.1?

I've already registered to reserve windows 10. What if windows 10 doesn't work well on my laptop? Can I back to my downgrade or uninstall and back to my original windows 8.1 ?

TeGato, Jun 11, 2016
  3. I can't downgrade my laptop from Windows 10 back to Windows 7

The backup files for Windows 7 take up a large huge amount of space. So after a few weeks they get removed to give you space back.

If you made your own backup (which everyone should do), then you can go back using that.

If you never made your own backup, then you'll need to get your original Windows 7 disc (or if your computer came with it, the factory restore CD that came with your computer). If you don't have it, call the company you bought it from and ask if they can
    send you a replacement backup disc.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jun 11, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Jun 11, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    There are no Windows 7 drivers, just Windows 8 and 10. You can try it and see what happens. Also, you would have to purchase a Windows 7 key to install with, no downgrade rights.

Before dong so, please create an image backup of your current Windows 10 installation using Macrium Reflect to an external USB 3 hard drive ($60US). Then if things go wrong you can restore the image and be bback to Windows 10 in a half hour or less.

May I ask why you want to go back to Windows 7? Windows 10 is a better OS and with some tweaking can be made to look and feel a lot like Windows 7.

Ztruker, Jun 15, 2016
  6. Molyy Win User
    Windows 10 is a much more secure OS than Windows 7 . Do you have a Windows 7 key ? If yes , do image backup first and then using Windows 10 Rollback Tool . You can also refer to this

Molyy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can i downgrade my windows 10 laptop in default back to windows 7? - Similar Threads - downgrade laptop default

2. Windows 11 can Downgrade to windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 can Downgrade to windows 7?: Customers still want to use Windows 7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-can-downgrade-to-windows-7/d57bf170-72a4-4b1a-b9cf-d9ee9b5583cf
  3. Windows 11 can Downgrade to windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can Downgrade to windows 7?: Customers still want to use Windows 7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-can-downgrade-to-windows-7/d57bf170-72a4-4b1a-b9cf-d9ee9b5583cf
  4. I am unable to downgrade my windows 10 back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am unable to downgrade my windows 10 back to windows 7: After nearly 7 months of trouble shooting why my graphics card won't give any output I have discovered that my graphics card has apparently been discontinued and hasn't received and update that makes it compatible with Windows 10, so the only thing I can do to fix that is to...
  5. Can I downgrade to windows 7 using my windows 10 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I downgrade to windows 7 using my windows 10 product key: I really dislike windows 10 and i was wondering if i could go to the download windows 7 disc image website and put my windows 10 product key to download windows 7....
  6. Can I use Windows 10 key to downgrade to Windows 7?

Can I use Windows 10 key to downgrade to Windows 7?: Last year Microsoft updated to laptop to Windows 10 without my permission. It completely screwed it up. I have since switched to a Chromebook for most of my daily needs, but i still have a couple programs that only run on Windows. I didn't get installation disks with my...
  7. downgrading windows 10 back to original Windows 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    downgrading windows 10 back to original Windows 7: I built a PC specific PC to try out Windows 10. I installed Win 7 and then the free upgrade to 10. After several updates I have lost patience with 10 and wish to return to the original 7 installation. I have the original Win 7 disc and am aware of the new product key issued...
  8. Can i downgrade to windows 7

Can i downgrade to windows 7: Hello, Can i downgrade my system to windows 7?,my specs: Intel Core i3 6006u @2.0Ghz Nvidia Geforce 940MX 4gb ram(2.60gb usable) 500gb hard drive also my laptop model is:Acer E15 E5 575g-33QB it has windows 10 pre installed 104051
  9. Windows 10 Downgrade Back to 7 Problem With Licence Key.

Windows 10 Downgrade Back to 7 Problem With Licence Key.: Hey, so about 10-20days ago I had upgraded to Win10. Upon not liking I said I will see how it feels for the next 2 weeks. Now after this period of time ended (Today) I still don't like it so I downgraded back to Win7 which was a breeze. But now when I logged back in to Win7...
  10. Can I Downgrade a new Dell laptop with Windows 10 to Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I Downgrade a new Dell laptop with Windows 10 to Windows 7?: Hi I'm thinking about getting a new Dell XPS laptop. It comes installed with Windows 10. I would rather use Windows 7. My question can I format the the new Dell laptop and install a new copy of Windows 7. Or are there too many driver specific components on a new XPS that need...