Windows 10: Can I downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 8?

Discus and support Can I downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 8? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 8 does everything I need on my older computer. I don't like all the excess bloat of Windows 10 that came with my newer computer. Also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThomasPrewitt1, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Can I downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 8?

Windows 8 does everything I need on my older computer. I don't like all the excess bloat of Windows 10 that came with my newer computer.

Also Windows 10 had an error, and despite doing everything a Microsoft chat person told me earlier today, I still couldn't get it to boot up again. I see no benefits to having it.

So anyway to trade in Windows 10 for a copy of Windows 8? Didn't Microsoft let people downgrade like that before?

:)

ThomasPrewitt1, Mar 18, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 18, 2019
  4. hellrazor Win User

Can I downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 8?

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Can I downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 8?

1. Can I downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 8? - Similar Threads - downgrade

2. Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro: Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core...
  3. Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro: Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core...
  4. Does Media Creation Tool require USB to downgrade from 11?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Media Creation Tool require USB to downgrade from 11?: I saw one article that claims you can just download the Media Creation Tool to install directly on the computer that downloaded it by clicking "upgrade this pc" if you got a new laptop that came with 11 and want to downgrade it to 10, has anyone done that successfully or do...
  5. Problem with downgrading to Windows 10 from 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with downgrading to Windows 10 from 11: I have a dell vostro 7500. I upgraded to windows 11 yesterday. And i didnt like the way windows 11 runs on my laptop, so i wanted to downgrade. Iam within the 10 day period to downgrade, buy everytime i try to do so, instead of downgrading, it boots me into troubleshoot menu....
  6. Problem with downgrading to Windows 10 from 11

Problem with downgrading to Windows 10 from 11: I have a dell vostro 7500. I upgraded to windows 11 yesterday. And i didnt like the way windows 11 runs on my laptop, so i wanted to downgrade. Iam within the 10 day period to downgrade, buy everytime i try to do so, instead of downgrading, it boots me into troubleshoot menu....
  7. Is it possible to downgrade Windows Vista 64-bit to Windows XP 32-bit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to downgrade Windows Vista 64-bit to Windows XP 32-bit?: And if I can't just downgrade, is it possible to do it some other way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-downgrade-windows-vista-64-bit/db58e592-acb0-452a-826b-9369cb51a9fa
  8. Is it possible to downgrade Windows Vista 64-bit to Windows XP 32-bit?

Is it possible to downgrade Windows Vista 64-bit to Windows XP 32-bit?: And if I can't just downgrade, is it possible to do it some other way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-downgrade-windows-vista-64-bit/db58e592-acb0-452a-826b-9369cb51a9fa
  9. How do I downgrade from DX12 to DX11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I downgrade from DX12 to DX11?: I want to run Project Nova but apon opening I get a white box that tells me I need DX11 Level 10 to run it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-downgrade-from-dx12-to-dx11/bc3068a9-ba71-4201-96ae-b4b894e5ff1f
  10. How do I downgrade from DX12 to DX11?

How do I downgrade from DX12 to DX11?: I want to run Project Nova but apon opening I get a white box that tells me I need DX11 Level 10 to run it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-downgrade-from-dx12-to-dx11/bc3068a9-ba71-4201-96ae-b4b894e5ff1f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i still downgrade to windows 8