Windows 10: Can i download a app on the Microsoft Store without UAC (user account control) popping up ?

Discus and support Can i download a app on the Microsoft Store without UAC (user account control) popping up ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; OK here is my issue. One of my users at my job is trying to install adobe reader on his machine. Unfortunately his laptop was issued a while back and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Captkirk91, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Can i download a app on the Microsoft Store without UAC (user account control) popping up ?

OK here is my issue. One of my users at my job is trying to install adobe reader on his machine. Unfortunately his laptop was issued a while back and we do not know the (admin password) for the admin account on his computer "he is only a local user" therefore whenever he tries to download a program from the internet UAC (user account control) will require the admin password which we do not know. I know he could send the laptop back and i could fix it but he is far away and i do not want to make him do that. All he needs to do is install Adobe reader. In theory could get just download it from the Microsoft store ??? or will the user account control still pop up from the Microsoft store ?

submitted by /u/Captkirk91
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Captkirk91, Apr 14, 2020
  2. User Account Control

Hello Ridho,

To enable the User Account Control (UAC) on Windows 10, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Choose between two options to enable UAC:
      • Notify when apps try to make changes to your computer.
      • Always notify when installing or making any changes to your computer.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Yes or enter your password to finalize the change.
    Steps to disable User Account Control (UAC).

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Click Yes or enter your password.
    • Set the settings to Never notify.
    • Click OK to save the settings.
    Regards.

Devlin Sco, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Can i download a app on the Microsoft Store without UAC (user account control) popping up ?

the User Account Control - UAC

Microsoft Windows User Account Control (UAC) is said to provides a higher level of security for users. What were the design goals of the UAC and were they achieved? How secure is UAC? What are the strengths and weaknesses of the UAC?

ArchieMacDonald1, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Can i download a app on the Microsoft Store without UAC (user account control) popping up ?

1. Can i download a app on the Microsoft Store without UAC (user account control) popping up ? - Similar Threads - download app Microsoft

2. Pop-up User Account Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop-up User Account Control: Working on DELL desktop, initially with Windows 10 & upgraded to Windows 11 aka NIGHTMARE. I want to go back to W10, but "Reset this PC" will not allow me to. When I click on "Reset PC" A window from User Account Control pops up. I enter my password from Microsoft or dell and...
  3. Pop-up User Account Control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop-up User Account Control: Working on DELL desktop, initially with Windows 10 & upgraded to Windows 11 aka NIGHTMARE. I want to go back to W10, but "Reset this PC" will not allow me to. When I click on "Reset PC" A window from User Account Control pops up. I enter my password from Microsoft or dell and...
  4. User Account Control UAC pin requirement?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Control UAC pin requirement?: Hi,Every time my daughter needs to take a exam thru Respondus, Inc Lockdown Brower application, a pop-up message from User Account Control shows up on the desktop. It mentions: to continue enter an admin user name and pin. Is there any way I can disable the pin requirement...
  5. User Account control pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account control pop up: When I click on my google browser icon in toolbar a UAC pop up ask if I want to let app make changes to computer Yes or No Why? I did not have to do this until a few days ago. What is making this happen?...
  6. UAC User Account Control

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    UAC User Account Control: Hello, I lost my UAC password, how can I reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-user-account-control/7def82c3-79cf-4843-8489-7dca9434c4b1
  7. Microsoft Store pop up when downloading

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store pop up when downloading: So everytime I download something from my browser there'a a pop up window from the Microsoft Store asks me if I want to donload this beuase it's not from the store. That was annoying but ok. In the last few days the pop up also appears when I want to download something but it...
  8. Password prompt for User account control pop up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password prompt for User account control pop up: Is it possible to make windows 10 ask for an admin password to install a program in place of just the yes or no options in the user account control popup?...
  9. User Account Controls - pop up screen removal

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account Controls - pop up screen removal: Running Windows 10 v.1809 Can anyone advise me please – I’ve spent the last three hours trying to solve my problem, looked at umpteen tutorials but still getting nowhere. Basically I am trying to remove the UAC pop up screen that appears EVERY time I try do run ANYTHING on...
  10. problem with user account control (uac)

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem with user account control (uac): hey. i tried to turn on my pc yesterday and i got a problem with a file beeing removed. i then restarted my whole pc, and i thought it was fixed. but then my administrator confirmation wouldnt work. this means that i cant download apps and edit settings. i have tried to go to...