Windows 10: Can I download a game for free on a different device if I've bought it for another device...

Discus and support Can I download a game for free on a different device if I've bought it for another device... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I've bought a game for my Xbox that is also playable on pc. Is there a way I can download this game for free since I've already bought it once? I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ShootingFlare, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Can I download a game for free on a different device if I've bought it for another device...

I've bought a game for my Xbox that is also playable on pc. Is there a way I can download this game for free since I've already bought it once? I bought it as a disk.

:)

ShootingFlare, Mar 20, 2020

2. X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Mar 20, 2020
  3. i cant find my device in devices

Hi Martin,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Is that a USB 2.0 cable or the 3.0 cable which comes with the gaming device?
    2. Have you plugged in the USB cable to the appropriate port?

However, you may want to try these steps one by one and check if that makes any difference.

Step1: Plug in the USB cable to a different and correct USB port and check the status.

Step 2: I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if that helps.

1. Press the Windows + X, and click on Search.
    2. Type troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.
    3. Click on Hardware and Sound and select Hardware and Devices and click on Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

1. Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    2. In the list of hardware categories, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    3. Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click ‘Uninstall’ to remove them one at a time.
    4. Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
    Plug in the removable USB device, and then check to make sure that the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 20, 2020
  4. 7IM
    7im Win User

Can I download a game for free on a different device if I've bought it for another device...

GPU-Z device list enumeration, device order?

Specifically, how are the the GPUs listed in the drop down sorted, or determined? Vendor and PCI ID? OS hardware device list? Other?

Sorry if this was answered somewhere already. Searching for "GPU LIST ORDER" and like terms were not helpful.

Thanks.

Thema:

Can I download a game for free on a different device if I've bought it for another device...

1. Can I download a game for free on a different device if I've bought it for another device... - Similar Threads - download game free

2. Once an app is downloaded to the device, can it be seen as a downloaded app on another...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Once an app is downloaded to the device, can it be seen as a downloaded app on another...: So, if I download Solitaire on my computer from my admin account, and my husband wants to play the same Solitaire game on his user account on the same device, can he see it or will he have to download it again? I am just worried that if the other users download the same...
  3. Once an app is downloaded to the device, can it be seen as a downloaded app on another...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Once an app is downloaded to the device, can it be seen as a downloaded app on another...: So, if I download Solitaire on my computer from my admin account, and my husband wants to play the same Solitaire game on his user account on the same device, can he see it or will he have to download it again? I am just worried that if the other users download the same...
  4. I cannot download/play a game I've purchased on a device that's been registered

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot download/play a game I've purchased on a device that's been registered: Hello, I've purchased Minecraft Bedrock Edition through the Microsoft store, and cannot download or play the game. whenever I attempt to do so, I'm directed to the store to the game I've already purchased. When I attempt to install it, I am starting to get infuriated at this...
  5. Purchased Minecraft on another device but unable to download it on another device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased Minecraft on another device but unable to download it on another device.: Hi everyone, I purchased Minecraft Window 10 on my brothers PC using my Microsoft account and I would like to download Minecraft on my laptop but when I go to download I have to buy it again. Is there anyway where I can download it on my laptop or will I have to buy it again?...
  6. Can't find game that I bought on another device on the same account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find game that I bought on another device on the same account: I bought Forza on my old computer on this Microsoft account, and once I built a new one I went to install it but I can't find it on my account. this has happened with a few different games, any help?...
  7. sharing game with another device

sharing game with another device: My issue has nothing to do with X box. I bought a game yesterday, road trip usa and it works fine on my computer, but how do I get it to install onto my wife's computer supposed to get 10 devices with purchase. Been trying all morning and now I'm out of patience. This site...
  8. How can i download game i bought on Microsoft Store after i upgrade System Devices

How can i download game i bought on Microsoft Store after i upgrade System Devices: I bought "Gear of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10" but after i upgrade all my devices (Mainboard, Chipset and VGA), it ask to purcharse again. How can i download it again?...
  9. Bought Software on different Microsoft account and cant download to my current device

Bought Software on different Microsoft account and cant download to my current device: Hi all, I bought DJ Pro 2 for Windows but there appeared to be a payment issue with the Microsoft account attached to my current device. I thought a workaround would be to sign in online with my old Microsoft account and was able to purchase the software successfully. Now...
  10. I bought a game on the wrong account. How do I download it to a family device?

I bought a game on the wrong account. How do I download it to a family device?: I have 2 microsoft accounts, and bought a game on the wrong account. I don't want to log into the wrong account on my PC - I want to just download the game on my other accounts device (The only device on the 3 family accounts on the microsoft site - SINCE WE CANNOT MERGE...