Windows 10: Can I download applications while PC is in sleep mode?

Discus and support Can I download applications while PC is in sleep mode? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Pretty much what the title says. I’m trying to download a game from the Steam application. You might be thinking I should be asking Steam this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TomStridon24, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Can I download applications while PC is in sleep mode?

Pretty much what the title says. I’m trying to download a game from the Steam application. You might be thinking I should be asking Steam this question. However, I think it’s more appropriate to ask Microsoft because: when the PC automatically went into sleep mode, the download that was on the screen at the time of falling asleep was still there and at the same percentage as before. I’m asking on the Microsoft forums because it seems, to me at least, that it is a matter on the PC’s end, especially because it runs Windows. Does anyone know what the answer might be?

:)

TomStridon24, Jun 8, 2023

2. Keep Downloading While Sleep Mode

I assume you do not talk while you sleep. Same with your PC - it does not download while in sleep mode. If you know the name of the file to be downloaded then you could launch a script to do this:

1. Check every few minutes if the download is complete.
    2. If yes, put the machine into sleep mode.

Frederik Long, Jun 8, 2023
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 8, 2023
  4. Can I download applications while PC is in sleep mode?

Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

Can I download applications while PC is in sleep mode?

1. Can I download applications while PC is in sleep mode? - Similar Threads - download applications while

2. Can I download applications while PC is in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I download applications while PC is in sleep mode?: Pretty much what the title says. I’m trying to download a game from the Steam application. You might be thinking I should be asking Steam this question. However, I think it’s more appropriate to ask Microsoft because: when the PC automatically went into sleep mode, the...
  3. Can I download applications while PC is in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I download applications while PC is in sleep mode?: Pretty much what the title says. I’m trying to download a game from the Steam application. You might be thinking I should be asking Steam this question. However, I think it’s more appropriate to ask Microsoft because: when the PC automatically went into sleep mode, the...
  4. Windows 10 closes applications while in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 closes applications while in sleep mode.: I have a new desktop PC I just built. Everything seems to be running fine, except that Windows will often but not always close all running applications while in sleep mode. I can't tell if it's doing a full restart or not. Sometimes it asks for my password on wake and not...
  5. Windows 10 closes applications while in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 closes applications while in sleep mode.: I have a new desktop PC I just built. Everything seems to be running fine, except that Windows will often but not always close all running applications while in sleep mode. I can't tell if it's doing a full restart or not. Sometimes it asks for my password on wake and not...
  6. Windows 10 closes applications while in sleep mode.

7. Not downloading while sleeps.

Not downloading while sleeps.: My downloads continues when my laptop is open. But when i go to sleep mode my downloads became pause. I have changed my power plan settings,also changed additional power settings.But nothing working !!!...
  8. PC enters sleep mode while I play games

PC enters sleep mode while I play games: Hi, recently I had encountered a problem with my pc, namely when I play games it randomly enters sleep mode for some reason this doesn't happen while I browse the net. I tried it on 3 different games CSS, Team Fortress 2 and Assassin's Creed: Revelations and could only play a...
  9. how can i download zoom while in s mode

how can i download zoom while in s mode: I need to download Zoom on my hp with windows 10 S. I am told you can do it but I have searched and cannot find out how. Can anybody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-download-zoom-while-in-s-mode/b3b1cf43-4e10-4d19-8f5c-5ded12dbb28e
  10. Issues while putting PC to Sleep Mode

Issues while putting PC to Sleep Mode: Recently my Sleep option stopped working. I have it set to "Shut Down = Never" and "Sleep = After 30 minutes" Even if I manually shut down from the Start using sleep, it still shuts down. This is relatively new behavior and quite annoying. Thanks! ***Original title:...