Windows 10: Can I edit the MAC filter on my mobile hotspot?

Discus and support Can I edit the MAC filter on my mobile hotspot? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using another network with a MAC filter that won't allow my 3DS to connect to it, so I set up a mobile hotspot on my laptop. How do I edit the MAC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Groudon8134, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Can I edit the MAC filter on my mobile hotspot?

I am using another network with a MAC filter that won't allow my 3DS to connect to it, so I set up a mobile hotspot on my laptop. How do I edit the MAC address filter so my 3DS can connect to my laptop hotspot?

:)

Groudon8134, Dec 20, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Mobile hotspot in windows 10 laptop

Hi,

You may change the password of your mobile hotspot so that the person you don't allowed to use it can't connect to it. To assist you better, we'd like to know if you've tried changing the password. Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how you can change the password of the Mobile hotspot.:

• Open Settings then select Network & Internet.
    • Choose Mobile hotspot.
    • Under Mobile hotspot section, you can see the current name of the Wi-Fi hotspot and password. To change mobile hotspot name or password or both, click the
      Edit button.
    • Enter a new password for the network. Click Save button. Note that the password must be of at least 8 characters.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Mobile Hotspot via USB tethered cell phone

Hi Phattie,

Just to clarify, are you trying to share the internet connection received by your Windows 10 laptop to other devices you have like Xbox? If so, we suggest to enable Mobile Hotspot feature on your Windows 10 by performing the following steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Network & Internet.
    • Click Mobile Hotspot tab on the left pane.
    • Turn on the "Share my Internet connection with other devices".
    • If you want to edit network info, click Edit.
    • Check your other device if it will detect your Windows 10 Mobile hotspot feature.

Let us know how it goes.

Ariel Acu, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Can I edit the MAC filter on my mobile hotspot?

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Can I edit the MAC filter on my mobile hotspot?

1. Can I edit the MAC filter on my mobile hotspot? - Similar Threads - edit MAC filter

2. Mobile Hotspot Band Edit Feild Not Showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile Hotspot Band Edit Feild Not Showing: I have windows 10 Pro and am trying to create a hotspot, however, when I turn in the hotspot, the "Band" feild is not showing at all ! I have a camera that works only over 2.4 Ghz bandwith and I am unable to connect it over the default 5 Ghz bandwith.I tired to go to the Wifi...
  3. Why can't I edit my mobile hotspot password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I edit my mobile hotspot password: Can anyone help me fixs this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-edit-my-mobile-hotspot-password/f37bf051-17f4-4263-ac99-19a954868838
  4. Why can't I edit my mobile hotspot password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I edit my mobile hotspot password: Can anyone help me fixs this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-edit-my-mobile-hotspot-password/f37bf051-17f4-4263-ac99-19a954868838
  5. Why can't I edit my mobile hotspot password

6. Mobile Hotspot Edit Button Not Showing

Mobile Hotspot Edit Button Not Showing: Whenever I try to use my mobile hotspot, It can be turned on and the network can be selected but there is no option to edit the details and whenever I turn the hotspot on it doesn't show up on other devices. Can someone help? I have tried many guides and they don't seem to...
  7. Mobile hotspot issue after changing MAC address

Mobile hotspot issue after changing MAC address: After changing the MAC address on my windows 10 desktop, my android phone can no longer connect to the window 10's mobile hotspot. It keeps saying connecting, and then stops. Does anyone has the same problem? Does anyone has a solution?...
  8. can not connect android to my mobile hotspot

can not connect android to my mobile hotspot: i use internet cable on my laptop but i don`t have wifi in my room. that`s why i use the mobile hotspot but now my phone cant connect to the hotspot. my phone keeps on saying that it failed to obtain IP address. i have tried a lot but nothing is working....
  9. My Mobile Hotspot

My Mobile Hotspot: I used to use my mobile hotspot without any issue then suddenly each time i try to connect to it, it shows failed to obtain IP address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mobile-hotspot/013cb648-dd11-4cff-88d3-16d362ee3ecb
  10. can not access mobile hotspot

can not access mobile hotspot: When ever i update my windows then after I unable to access mobile hotspot option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-access-mobile-hotspot/98d7c862-d62f-4320-9bf7-f0c8cb1d99b6