Windows 10: Can I enable face and fingerprint recognition on my laptop?

Discus and support Can I enable face and fingerprint recognition on my laptop? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The face and fingerprint recognition are disabled on my Lenovo laptop and I am unable to turn these options again. I receive a message in ‘Sign-in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BradenPerez, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Can I enable face and fingerprint recognition on my laptop?

The face and fingerprint recognition are disabled on my Lenovo laptop and I am unable to turn these options again. I receive a message in ‘Sign-in Options’ that ‘face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device’. I suppose it is due to the failure of my Lenovo fingerprint reader. I can use my laptop signing is through the password and pin. But I want to be able to use face and fingerprint recognition in Windows hello

:)

BradenPerez, Feb 24, 2019

2. Nothing happens when I click on "Set up" under Face Recognition in Sign-in Options (after enabling PIN for Hello)

Patricia, thanks for providing those steps. The Troubleshooter did reset the Windows Store cache, but after that, disabling all the startup tasks, restarting and trying again to click on Set up under Fingerprint or Face Recognition, no change. Nothing happens
    when clicking those buttons.

As you suggested, I did add another account to the computer, and tried the same from that account, but also no change.

Note that I'm not aware of any other problems with this computer. Everything else seems to work fine. The ONLY problem I see is that I cannot enable Fingerprint or Face Recognition for Windows Hello. This is a recent clean install of Windows 10.

I did have to turn on the Convenience Pin in Group Policy Editor: Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Logon -> Turn on convenience PIN sign-in.

Could that be a clue? I had a laptop I set up at around the same time and did the same thing and Hello works fine there including Face Recognition. If I turn off the Convenience PIN sign-in, it just prevents me from setting up the PIN.

GraniteStateColin, Feb 24, 2019
  3. harrymc Win User
    Using external fingerprint scanner to login to Windows 10

The Windows Hello not working issue has appeared after the Windows 10 Creators Update
    under many forms and error messages. I resume below most of the known remedies.

Enable Biometric in Local Group Policy

Some crucial system settings like the Local Group Policy could be modified during the upgrading of Windows 10 Creators Update which breaks the face recognition and fingerprint reader’s feature of Windows Hello. To exclude that likelihood, you should check the biometric settings in Local Group Policy.

1. Run the Local Group Policy (gpedit.msc).<br>
      For Windows Home see
      How to Access the Group Policy Editor, Even in Windows Home.
    2. Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Biometrics.
    3. Double-click the item "Allow the use of biometrics setting", tick Enabled and OK.
    4. Do the same to the item "Allow users to log on using biometrics".
    5. Reboot.

If the above steps were not enough, do this :

1. Repeat steps 1 & 2
    2. Click on "Facial Features" and double-click "Configure enhanced anti-spoofing".
    3. Set it to Disabled and OK.
    4. Reboot.

Reset Facial Recognition and/or Fingerprint Options

• Go to PC Settings > Accounts > Sign-In options.
    • Locate "Fingerprint" or "Facial Recognition" and click "Remove" under them.
    • Choose "Get Started" and follow on-screen instructions to reset Fingerprint and Facial Recognition.
    • Reboot

Update Webcam/Fingerprint Driver

• In Device Manager, locate and expand the entries for the biometrics device.
    • Right-click the device and choose "Uninstall".
    • In the Action menu select "Scan for hardware changes",
      and let Windows detect and update the drivers.

For more detailed information with screenshots, see the article<br>
    How to Fix Windows Hello Not Working after Windows 10 Creators Update.

harrymc, Feb 24, 2019
  4. ericnixmd Win User

Can I enable face and fingerprint recognition on my laptop?

Disable Windows Hello Face Recognition on Laptop

I have a Logitech BRIO camera connected to my laptop's dock. I set up Windows Hello facial recognition so that I don't have to enter a password when the laptop is docked. I usually place the computer with the lid closed underneath my monitor when it's docked. This prevents me from using the fingerprint sensor built into the laptop.

When I disconnect from the dock and use my computer, I get a notice on the login screen that Windows could not activate the camera.

Is there a way to eliminate this message or to configure a setting so that the laptop doesn't look for the camera when not connected to the dock? The built-in camera doesn't support Windows Hello facial recognition.

ericnixmd, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Can I enable face and fingerprint recognition on my laptop?

1. Can I enable face and fingerprint recognition on my laptop? - Similar Threads - enable face fingerprint

2. My fingerprint and face recognition isn't working, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My fingerprint and face recognition isn't working, how do I fix this?: Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-fingerprint-and-face-recognition-isnt-working/816b3f71-2d7f-4500-9a02-41808a159a1b
  3. My fingerprint and face recognition isn't working, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My fingerprint and face recognition isn't working, how do I fix this?: Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-fingerprint-and-face-recognition-isnt-working/816b3f71-2d7f-4500-9a02-41808a159a1b
  4. Fingerprint recognition

Fingerprint recognition: HelloCan someone help with my sign in options unfortunately it is not letting me do fingerprint recondition and I am not sure why? When I click on it says we couldn’t find a finger print scanner compatible with window hello finger print. I have got a Microsoft soft pro...
  5. Problems with face recognition and fingerprint sensor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with face recognition and fingerprint sensor: Hi,I had to reset my computer completely and now I can't use the fingerprint reader or the IR camera to log in, I already tried so many things. I noticed that in the device manager, I didn't have the biometric device tab, so I fixed this. Now my problem is that there isn't...
  6. Problems with face recognition and fingerprint sensor

Problems with face recognition and fingerprint sensor: Hi,I had to reset my computer completely and now I can't use the fingerprint reader or the IR camera to log in, I already tried so many things. I noticed that in the device manager, I didn't have the biometric device tab, so I fixed this. Now my problem is that there isn't...
  7. Problems with face recognition and fingerprint sensor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How to enable regular face recognition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to enable regular face recognition: I don't have a Windows hello compatible camera, but i wanted some kind of face recognition on my pc (desktop). Is there any way to use my camera for old school 2d face recognition (like the thing on old samsung phones)? submitted by /u/l_osservatore [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows Hello: Face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello: Face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device.: I have read many post of this issue and after all the posted solutions I can't seem to figure out the problem. Windows Hello worked for me before on the same PC. I've tried: updating drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling device, resetting PC, and some other things....
  10. face recognition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    face recognition: My face Recognition was uninstalled by a microsoft tech, how do I reinstall it???????????? I have windows 10 and it has worked since I bought my computer and just stopped. It said camera could not be turned on before he uninstalled it. All my setting were on. I spend over an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fingerprint recognition disabled on my laptop

2. CAN FINGERPRINT BE DISABLED ON MY LAPTOP

3. enable fingerprint recognition

4. face recognition software fingerprint for laptop,
  5. how to enable face and fingerprint recognition in my dell laptop,
  6. can fingerprint and face recognition work at the same time?,
  7. Turn on fingerprint recognition