Windows 10: can I encrypt my wifi connection?

Discus and support can I encrypt my wifi connection? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; can I encrypt my wifi connection?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TomFick, Oct 31, 2018.

1. TomFick Win User

can I encrypt my wifi connection?

:)

TomFick, Oct 31, 2018
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You would have to do that on your Router's setup webpage. 1st step is to turn on WiFi encryption and password. 2nd step, if you feel you need to, is set up an access list of the physical MAC addresses for the network adapters of the computers you want to allow to connect. Any other network adapter not on that MAC filter list won't be able to connect. (but MAC addresses can be easily spoofed, if the third person knows which MAC addresses are allowed).

NavyLCDR, Oct 31, 2018
  3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Oct 31, 2018
  4. simrick Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. can I encrypt my wifi connection? - Similar Threads - encrypt wifi connection

2. How can I get my WiFi to connect?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my WiFi to connect?: I cannot get my WiFi to connect on my work wifi. I can get it to connect to othershome, hotspot, etc.. I feel like I have tried everything I would know to fix this but no results. I have restarted the computer, network adaptors, fully reset to factory and ran through the...
  3. How can I get my WiFi to connect?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get my WiFi to connect?: I cannot get my WiFi to connect on my work wifi. I can get it to connect to othershome, hotspot, etc.. I feel like I have tried everything I would know to fix this but no results. I have restarted the computer, network adaptors, fully reset to factory and ran through the...
  4. I can t connect to my wifi internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can t connect to my wifi internet: I can t connect to my wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-t-connect-to-my-wifi-internet/684e2abc-8579-4181-9fae-c57eb13d1f4c
  5. I can t connect to my wifi internet

I can t connect to my wifi internet: I can t connect to my wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-t-connect-to-my-wifi-internet/684e2abc-8579-4181-9fae-c57eb13d1f4c
  6. I can t connect to my wifi internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I can't connect to my wifi but i can connect to my wifi extender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to my wifi but i can connect to my wifi extender?: I've had this problem for a pretty long time. My laptop will allow me to connect to my wifi extender but not my normal wifi. My extender makes my computer run super slow and I would rather be able to connect to my normal wifi and ive already looked and made sure it not the...
  8. I can't connect to my wifi but i can connect to my wifi extender?

I can't connect to my wifi but i can connect to my wifi extender?: I've had this problem for a pretty long time. My laptop will allow me to connect to my wifi extender but not my normal wifi. My extender makes my computer run super slow and I would rather be able to connect to my normal wifi and ive already looked and made sure it not the...
  9. can not connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not connect to wifi: Hello,I can not use the wifi since laptop do not connect to wifi adapter and need help. Thanks,Canan Guc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-connect-to-wifi/7dff0048-300f-4b7a-8539-524a39afa1fa
  10. Can not connect to my WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not connect to my WiFi: Every time i try to connect to my WiFi, the computer temporarily disables the WiFi adapter then re-enables it and doesn't allow me to connect to my WiFi. I've tried restarting both my Wireless Router and my laptop. I even tried factory resetting the laptop. I've disable and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i encrypt my wifi for cell phones