Windows 10: Can I enlarge my hard drive?

Discus and support Can I enlarge my hard drive? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have an SSD with only 200 GB. I have seen that with Windows you can shrink the partitions. Can I then also enlarge them? To 300 GB or so?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gutefrage744, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Can I enlarge my hard drive?

Hello, I have an SSD with only 200 GB. I have seen that with Windows you can shrink the partitions. Can I then also enlarge them? To 300 GB or so?

:)

gutefrage744, Sep 10, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Sep 10, 2020
  3. little cat, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Mathragh Win User

Can I enlarge my hard drive?

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Can I enlarge my hard drive?

1. Can I enlarge my hard drive? - Similar Threads - enlarge hard drive

2. Can I reuse a hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I reuse a hard drive?: After 10+ years of use, my laptop is slowly on it's way out. The hard drives which are replacements of the originals are still functioning just fine. My question is this: Can I put the SSD with Windows 10 from my old laptop into a new desktop I'm building from new and reused...
  3. Can I reuse a hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I reuse a hard drive?: After 10+ years of use, my laptop is slowly on it's way out. The hard drives which are replacements of the originals are still functioning just fine. My question is this: Can I put the SSD with Windows 10 from my old laptop into a new desktop I'm building from new and reused...
  4. Can I reuse a hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Enlarge Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enlarge Hard Drive: Looking at the photo above, how do I expand my "F" drive? When I try I keep getting shaded out "expand drive." thanx in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enlarge-hard-drive/8e0ec0b1-de9b-47de-94f9-2020ac3cc14d
  6. Enlarge Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enlarge Hard Drive: Looking at the photo above, how do I expand my "F" drive? When I try I keep getting shaded out "expand drive." thanx in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enlarge-hard-drive/8e0ec0b1-de9b-47de-94f9-2020ac3cc14d
  7. Can I create recovery drive on a hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I create recovery drive on a hard drive: My primary drive on my desktop is an SSD, and I have an internal hard drive to backup my personal data. I also have an external hard drive. Two questions:First, can I create a recovery drive on either hard drive and not on a USB drive?Second, can I update the recovery drive...
  8. Can I fix my Hard Disk Drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I fix my Hard Disk Drive?: Windows 10 suddenly won't boot or suddenly crashes showing BSODs like UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION, MEMORY MANAGEMENT, and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED in my Seagate 1TB HDD. I think it was a problem with the disk, I replaced my Disk with another one and the problem was solved. Can...
  9. How can I clone my old hard drive to a new hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I clone my old hard drive to a new hard drive?: How can I clone my old laptop hard drive to a new hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-clone-my-old-hard-drive-to-a-new-hard/cd9498d2-e379-40c0-aef4-42328b6c428a
  10. I have two hard drives in my computer, can I switch which hard drive windows is on?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have two hard drives in my computer, can I switch which hard drive windows is on?: I have two hard drive in my computer, a 250 gb and a 1tb. Windows is currently on my 250gb hard drive but I want to move it over to the 1tb, is this possible?...