Windows 10: Can i enter a win 10 Home product key on win 10 PRO?

Discus and support Can i enter a win 10 Home product key on win 10 PRO? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Can i enter a win 10 Home product key on win 10 PRO? When I got done building my pc I chose win 10 pro and then selected “I don’t have a product key”.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TazerTazerX, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Can i enter a win 10 Home product key on win 10 PRO?

Can i enter a win 10 Home product key on win 10 PRO? When I got done building my pc I chose win 10 pro and then selected “I don’t have a product key”. But can I still enter my win 10 home product key on my win 10 pro system?

submitted by /u/TazerTazerX
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TazerTazerX, Apr 20, 2020
  2. RobCoxXA Win User

Win 10 Pro upgrade using Win 8 Pro product key

I just bought a new computer running Win 10 Home. When I went to upgrade to Win 10 Pro using my Win 8 Pro product key from my old computer, the upgrade wouldn't activate.

Now I'm stuck with a bunch of error messages (mainly 0xC004C003) and am being told windows isn't activated. I can't seem to get my activated Win 10 Home back.

I don't have a product key for the Win 10 Home because it came pre-installed. There's no product code recorded on the packaging or labelling on the device.

So:

How do I either

• activate the Win Pro upgrade, or
    • Get my activated Win 10 home back?

RobCoxXA, Apr 20, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Why was I not asked for a product key when upgrading to Win 10?

According to your spec you have Win 10 Pro, but perhaps that doesn't reflect your PC.

You haven't stated which edition of Win 10 you have on this machine, nor what your Win 10 key is for.

For example, if you already have Win 10 Pro and your key is Win 10 Home, that would be a retrograde step.

For interest only:
    Change Product Key in Windows 10

More on product key if you search this list or look at 'Related Tutorials' in the above.
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index

dalchina, Apr 20, 2020
  4. GregNeff1 Win User

Can i enter a win 10 Home product key on win 10 PRO?

Win 10 Pro product key not accepted

I purchased a new laptop with Win 10 Home digital license. At the same time I purchased a Win 10 Pro update disk. When I try to change product key under Activation, the product key is not accepted. "The product key you entered didn't work".

GregNeff1, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Can i enter a win 10 Home product key on win 10 PRO?

1. Can i enter a win 10 Home product key on win 10 PRO? - Similar Threads - enter Home product

2. Win 10 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro product key: Hi,I have a pc where the motherboard died and a retail licence of Windows 10 Pro. I need to swap it to a new build pc. The retailer say they don’t sell Microsoft products any more but they never sent me a product key email. Spoke with licensing phone support who say contact...
  3. Win 10 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Pro product key: Hi,I have a pc where the motherboard died and a retail licence of Windows 10 Pro. I need to swap it to a new build pc. The retailer say they don’t sell Microsoft products any more but they never sent me a product key email. Spoke with licensing phone support who say contact...
  4. Win 10 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 home to pro rebuild product key issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 home to pro rebuild product key issue: my old windows 10 home key i think ishome [product key removed]i have wiped the hard drive and deleted all partitions and then rebuilt it with the latent windows 10 pro and used my new purchased pro keypro [product key removed]but after a few days my windows is saying this is...
  6. Win 10 home to pro rebuild product key issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 home to pro rebuild product key issue: my old windows 10 home key i think ishome [product key removed]i have wiped the hard drive and deleted all partitions and then rebuilt it with the latent windows 10 pro and used my new purchased pro keypro [product key removed]but after a few days my windows is saying this is...
  7. Win 10 home to pro rebuild product key issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 home to pro rebuild product key issue: my old windows 10 home key i think ishome YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7i have wiped the hard drive and deleted all partitions and then rebuilt it with the latent windows 10 pro and used my new purchased pro keypro NW9BW-CYJ4C-T48BT-PKTXF-6Q726but after a few days my windows...
  8. Win 10 Pro Product Key

Win 10 Pro Product Key: Hello, I bought a laptop with an OEM version, that I subsequently upgraded to a full version installed via download. How do I find my product key? I have run CMD as an Administrator and entered wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey, but I suspect...
  9. Win 10 Pro Activation Product Key

Win 10 Pro Activation Product Key: I did the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate. Installation went well. However, I wanted to not be under a digital license, so I bought a Windows 10 Pro License from Amazon. Using the product key from Amazon gives me an error stating I should buy a real copy of...
  10. activation of win 10 home with a win 10 pro key

activation of win 10 home with a win 10 pro key: hello 10ers! i have tablet running win 10 and a licence for it too. win 10 home is preinstalled on my device. i just need to enter the code off my licence to activate it. however, i have a full licence on the way to me for win 10 pro. can i activate my win 10 home...