Windows 10: Can I exclue subfolders from offline files?

Discus and support Can I exclue subfolders from offline files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm assuming that the "always available offline" in Windows 10 is the same as the offline files feature in Windows XP-7, so if I'm using the wrong... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SlickRCBD, May 6, 2020.

1. SlickRCBD Win User

Can I exclue subfolders from offline files?

I'm assuming that the "always available offline" in Windows 10 is the same as the offline files feature in Windows XP-7, so if I'm using the wrong terminology because it's something different/new, I apologize.

Is there any way to exclude some subfolders from a folder I need available offline from being automatically synced? I have an "Archived" compressed folder within a folder for old stuff I rarely need vs the current stuff I need all the time. To save time, bandwidth, and local hard drive space I'd like to exclude the "archived" folder while keeping it's parent folder and a couple subfolders available even if the computer they are stored on is not turned on.

This is on my home network workgroup, not a domain and often I forget to turn on my old computer that I now use as a file/print server when I'm just planning on playing a game or reading/watching something online with no intention of needing stored files, only to get an e-mail and need to access some stuff unexpectedly. I'm using offline files because I'm too lazy to scoot over or go in the other room, turn on the old computer and wait for it to boot just to attach a single file, then turn it off remotely with "shutdown -s -m \\computername" since I'm too lazy to get up again because I'm not going to need it again today.

:)

SlickRCBD, May 6, 2020
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

offline files acces denied (file name database.xml)

Hi,

Access issues with offline files can be due to the changes in the configuration of the device and/or the host/server. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're using the Windows Sync Center application to access/manage your offline files.
    • If you're referring to the use of the OneDrive application.
    • If your device is managed by a domain or an organization.
    • The exact error messages that you're getting when accessing the files.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing the following steps to verify the status of the offline file access on your device:

• Search and launch Control Panel using Cortana.
    • In the Search Control Panel box, type offline.
    • Under Sync Center, click Manage offline files.
    • In the Offline Files pop-up window, check if its enabled.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, May 6, 2020
  3. Open new subfolder

Hi Carmen,

The challenge that you are experiencing can occur due to several reasons, such as, corrupted app files, incorrect setup, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages? Kindly provide us a screenshot of the issue.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.
    • Were you able to successfully access subfolders before?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, May 6, 2020
  4. meebers Win User

RetailDemo Offline Content?

Was cleaning up my 10162 install using cleanmgr. One option on the list was "RetailDemo Offline Content", it was 100MB. Not sure what this is, before I delete it. Suggestions?

meebers, May 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Can I exclue subfolders from offline files? - Similar Threads - exclue subfolders offline

2. How can I navigate and copy files to subfolders using File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I navigate and copy files to subfolders using File Explorer?: The question is less intuitive than one might think. I recall that when clicking on a folder, the view would expand to show subfolders. This made it simple to navigate, or to copy files from, for example, Downloads. There was a pointer next to the topmost file that would...
  3. How can I navigate and copy files to subfolders using File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I navigate and copy files to subfolders using File Explorer?: The question is less intuitive than one might think. I recall that when clicking on a folder, the view would expand to show subfolders. This made it simple to navigate, or to copy files from, for example, Downloads. There was a pointer next to the topmost file that would...
  4. How can I search for file names in a file library to include files in subfolders. worked in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I search for file names in a file library to include files in subfolders. worked in...: I have a system that has 8 drives including a M2-System drive and a DVDRW, I need to be able to search for partial file names across the other 6 drives. 1-4T, 2-5T, 3-10T. I have created a Library in windows explorer, under \Desktop, which include the path to Parent folders...
  5. How can I search for file names in a file library to include files in subfolders. worked in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I search for file names in a file library to include files in subfolders. worked in...: I have a system that has 8 drives including a M2-System drive and a DVDRW, I need to be able to search for partial file names across the other 6 drives. 1-4T, 2-5T, 3-10T. I have created a Library in windows explorer, under \Desktop, which include the path to Parent folders...
  6. Can i delete the subfolders of local under AppData

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can i delete the subfolders of local under AppData: Hi Expert,I am reading about the different role of each sub-folder under AppData. I am wondering if I can delete the content of Local sub-folder or just empty the temp sub-folder under local....
  7. File History: Can I exclude all subfolders except one?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File History: Can I exclude all subfolders except one?: Hi I use File History for routine backup. I have a particular folder, with lots of sub-folders, that I don't want to to include in the back up - EXCEPT for one folder, that I DO want to include. I've tried excluding the parent folder, then specifically including the...
  8. SubFolder Disappeared after I Saved an Excel file Into thus Subfolder

SubFolder Disappeared after I Saved an Excel file Into thus Subfolder: In winows 10, An Subfolder disappeared after I Saved an Excel file into this subfolder. Explorer does not show the subfolder as a hidden folder' as well. How can I restore the link to the disappeared subfolder ?...
  9. How to copy only images files from different subfolders and keep the tree of subfolders as...

How to copy only images files from different subfolders and keep the tree of subfolders as...: I have a folder containing 3d Objects with their thumbs, and I want only to copy thumbs to a different path but with keeping the subfolder pathes, is there any way I can do that? Note that this file has big size that I cannot duplicate it to my HD and delete the 3D files...
  10. How can I change a printer from offline to online?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I change a printer from offline to online?: How can I change a printer from offline to online? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-a-printer-from-offline-to-online/00523cd7-9747-4970-8def-cba95f488a84