Windows 10: Can I Expand the Number of Solid Colors for the Desktop Background?

Discus and support Can I Expand the Number of Solid Colors for the Desktop Background? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, everyone. I am using Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. I have a question about setting solid colors for the desktop background. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jdanniel, Aug 5, 2016.

1. jdanniel Win User

Can I Expand the Number of Solid Colors for the Desktop Background?

Hello, everyone. I am using Windows 10 Anniversary Edition.

I have a question about setting solid colors for the desktop background.

I am currently in Settings/Personalization/Background. I've set the Background option to Solid Colors. There is a limited quantity of colors. If I recall correctly, previous versions of Windows let you select a wider variety of colors, and also had the color wheel, from which you could select various shades of the colors.

Also, I noticed there is no solid white!

What I've done to work around this was to use paint.net to create jpg images, containing solid blocks of whichever colors I want. I put all of the jpg images in one file, then set the background to Slide Show, pointing it to that folder.

But I'm really surprised Windows 10 has a far more limited palette. Is there any way to widen the number of solid colors, or am I limited to what's there?

Thank you! Jd

:)

jdanniel, Aug 5, 2016

2. Solid White as a Background

hey,

As I can see, no white background appears in the list of Solid colors.

You may google White picture, save it to the desktop and set it as desktop background.

Can I Expand the Number of Solid Colors for the Desktop Background? [​IMG]

I have added one image here also, if you can see.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Bob_Rain Win User
    Windows 10 Unable to Set Picture in Background

The dialogue opens, I select Windows Desktop Backgrounds, stock photos are all selected. I Save Changes, but the desktop remains the solid color. If I open the dialogue again, the background has reverted to Solid Colors.

Bob_Rain, Aug 5, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Aug 5, 2016
  5. jdanniel Win User
    Okay, that works, and I thank you. But now I have a follow-up question.

In the taskbar, there is a colored line under the icons for open-and-running programs. I know how to change the color for that, but once again, the palette is limited. I want solid white, and the closest color to that is light grey. Can I use the Personalize (Classic) tool to set that, as well? If so, how?

Lastly...am I correct in assuming all of this cannot be done without editing the registry, or using a third-party utility?

Thank you.

jdanniel, Aug 5, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    I really don't know if there is anything in the registry for that, it's probably in some .VisualManifestElements XML as a layer mask.

Cliff S, Aug 5, 2016
  7. jdanniel Win User
    The taskbar issue is not a big deal. I was mainly concerned about the solid colors. Thank you for your help.

jdanniel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I Expand the Number of Solid Colors for the Desktop Background? - Similar Threads - Expand Number Solid

2. solid color background

in Windows 10 Customization
    solid color background: Hello there , I've read somewhere that using solid color background in win7 would cause 30 sec delay in the boot up. what about windows 10 ? what is the best desktop background regarding performance in win10 ? thanks ....
  3. Windows 10 periodically changes my desktop background to a solid color

Windows 10 periodically changes my desktop background to a solid color: This, despite choosing a slideshow. Only way to fix it that I can find is to reboot. Tried deleting the transcodedwallpaper file located here: C:\Users\jef\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpaper but it just recreates itself and nothing changes....
  4. In personalizatoin settings background stuck at solid color and i can not change it to picture

In personalizatoin settings background stuck at solid color and i can not change it to picture: In personalizatoin settings background stuck at solid color and i can not change it to picture is there a way to change the background mode from registry i tried deleting TranscodedWallpaper and rebooting but it did not work i also tried using different theme from...
  5. Unable to change Black solid color desktop background image.

Unable to change Black solid color desktop background image.: After mistakenly installing and then removing an OEM manufacturers program on my Win 10 notebook, my desktop background image is now solid black. On the Personalisation screen, Background tab, this message "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your...
  6. A Solid Colored Background Blocks My Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A Solid Colored Background Blocks My Screen: A solid colored background blocks my screen out of the blue. It was the same color as the taskbar. I tried to get rid of it by putting my computer on sleep mode, and then waking it up in a few seconds. How can I stop that solid colored background from blocking my screen out...
  7. desktop background color

desktop background color: to whom it may concern, how do I change the desktop background color to white with black text, that I can read and see, i'm color blind thank you, for the help..e.h....
  8. Desktop background picture changes to solid color

Desktop background picture changes to solid color: When I right click on one of my own photos and ask to have it set as my desktop background the choice changes from picture to solid color instead of showing my photo... I've tried most everything to no avail.....
  9. Create Solid Color Background for Desktop Icons for Win10

Create Solid Color Background for Desktop Icons for Win10: I use nature pictures for my desktop background. The icon symbols and titles on my desktop tend to fade into the photo. I want to choose a solid background for the tiles on the desktop to keep the name and image of the icon visible. I've managed to change the text color,...
  10. Tutorial: Change Logon Screen Background to Solid Color

Tutorial: Change Logon Screen Background to Solid Color: Hey there everyone. I'm not quite sure if there's a post about this already, but here it goes. I would assume people may want to tinker with their logon screen background picture. (an example of this screen, to clarify, is below) [img] This is the picture that is...