Windows 10: Can I extract current lock screen image?

Discus and support Can I extract current lock screen image? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I currently have an image on my lock screen of Windows laptop which I unfortunately lost the original copy of, but a copy keeps showing up as an option... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jeet J, May 12, 2019.

1. Jeet J Win User

Can I extract current lock screen image?

I currently have an image on my lock screen of Windows laptop which I unfortunately lost the original copy of, but a copy keeps showing up as an option for the lock screen.

Can I extract this image somewhere in some folder? Perhaps a hidden folder somewhere?

The photograph is special for me and I have tried a lot of options to try retrieve it with no luck. Can I extract current lock screen image? :(

:)

Jeet J, May 12, 2019

2. Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 12, 2019
  3. Lock Screen Image Issue

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to set the default pictures as the Lock Screen picture from the PC and check if it works or not.

Follow the steps below:

• In start type "settings" and press enter.
    • Select Personalize
    • From the left click on "Lock screen"
    • Select the default picture and conform by preview.
    Please do get back to us to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, May 12, 2019
  4. Can I extract current lock screen image?

Deleting and viewing user generated lock screen images

You can select new lock screen images to have the old lock screen images fall of the history list. The current lock screen image will typically be used when Spotlight isn't running yet. For example, Spotlight currently requires a logged in user.

zachd [MSFT], May 12, 2019
Thema:

Can I extract current lock screen image?

1. Can I extract current lock screen image? - Similar Threads - extract current lock

2. Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Image: Hello. I have a silly question. On my new laptop, when powering on, or when the screen locked, I saw a nice landscape background. After one of the last Windows 11 updates, I now see a blue swirl background image. I tried to find where I could change the settings to resume the...
  3. Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Image: Hello. I have a silly question. On my new laptop, when powering on, or when the screen locked, I saw a nice landscape background. After one of the last Windows 11 updates, I now see a blue swirl background image. I tried to find where I could change the settings to resume the...
  4. How to know the location of the current Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to know the location of the current Lock Screen Image: Hi everyone, I would like to know how to find out the current location of the Lock Screen Background image. I figured out they are located somewhere here depending on your options like If you have spotlight enabled or your current theme:...
  5. How to know the location of the current Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Support
    How to know the location of the current Lock Screen Image: Hi everyone, I would like to know how to find out the current location of the Lock Screen Background image. I figured out they are located somewhere here depending on your options like If you have spotlight enabled or your current theme:...
  6. lock screen images

lock screen images: How can I know the location of the images on the lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-images/bcfcb866-1912-4b76-8752-3c7ad9d874e6
  7. lock screen image

lock screen image: I can not change my lock screen image. it says, some of these settings are hidden or controlled by your organization. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-image/07ce1f84-20f7-4187-a962-1fbf629e311c
  8. Can I extract email,image,text from swapfile.sys

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I extract email,image,text from swapfile.sys: Can I extract email,image,text from swapfile.sys ? Does not it's a no 1 huge privacy risk for Microsoft industries ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-extract-emailimagetext-from-swapfilesys/a13665ec-5429-49f7-943f-2791bc697037"
  9. How can I export my current lock screen image?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I export my current lock screen image?: I have put an image on my lock screen and want to export it to a new computer. I want to find where the file is located. I originated it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-export-my-current-lock-screen-image/c7f9c4c0-f027-4b5e-a5a9-95f84b1a756b
  10. Lock screen image

Lock screen image: Im trying to set a personal photo as my lock screen, windows 10, lenovo 730, but it is expanding to fit the whole screen, making it a pointless picture. Is it possible to just set the photo sized as it is with a black background, so it isnt wide screen?...