Windows 10: can i fix virtualbox problem

Discus and support can i fix virtualbox problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi i want to start a virtual machine in windows 10 it says failed to open a session for the virtual machine so can i fix it without booting to bios... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KHALID AND, Apr 7, 2021.

1. can i fix virtualbox problem

hi i want to start a virtual machine in windows 10 it says failed to open a session for the virtual machine so can i fix it without booting to bios just using command promt or powershell

:)

KHALID AND, Apr 7, 2021

2. VirtualBox problems anyone?

Anyone else having issues getting VirtualBox to run on this release? (regardless of whether VM/Hypervisor parts are installed or not)
    Pre-this release it was running perfectly fine. After the update, it wouldn't run (same VirtualBox version as before). I've removed it, re-installed it, and did so with a myriad of different settings in Hyper-V and VM as well as BIOS settings for hardware VM support. I even wiped and did a full clean install of this release. Seems it won't run without secure boot / UEFI enabled - that's the only difference between releases. My next step is to wipe and re-enable UEFI/Secure boot. Anyone have any possible suggestions or input before I start the wonderful and magical and oh-so-much-fun re-install process? *twitch* Please? *twitchtwitch*

Master0fPuppets, Apr 7, 2021
  3. PuB_Evo Win User
    Sun VirtualBox

Been there and done that. Followed through enabling the 3D acceleration and as told i hit the "Install Guest Addition" to install the drivers in the guest operating system, after that i was told to reboot the VirtualBox and came to the blue windows XP shutdown screen... It was on that screen for more then 30mins and so i force a shutdown on the original Win7 OS to et rid of the VirtualBox OS shutdown screen. Rebooted and tested VirtualBox with the game and got the same error message as shown in my first post.

EDIT: Gone through all the steps till i came to rebooting the VirtualBox OS. After the system coming up normally, i checked if the 3D acceleration is enabled by running dxdiag. Here is what i get...

can i fix virtualbox problem DirectX.png

Need advise to fix 3D acceleration so i can go on. Thank you so much!

PuB_Evo, Apr 7, 2021
  4. can i fix virtualbox problem

Memory problem when starting screen recording in Virtualbox

I did your steps and it fixed the memory problem. What’s is weird is that I did screen recording in a Virtualbox Windows XP machine without your help and I had no memory problems. Maybe the laptop had to be restarted. But anyways, thanks!

meha rajvanshi, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

can i fix virtualbox problem

1. can i fix virtualbox problem - Similar Threads - fix virtualbox problem

2. how to fix the virtualbox is not compatable on windows 11 problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix the virtualbox is not compatable on windows 11 problem?: I am trying to install window 11 on my pc and it keeps telling me to uninstall VirtualBox which i do not have, i tried to instal virtual box and completly remove it and i also removed all possible emulators and files and restarted multiple time yet it still shows the same...
  3. how to fix the virtualbox is not compatable on windows 11 problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix the virtualbox is not compatable on windows 11 problem?: I am trying to install window 11 on my pc and it keeps telling me to uninstall VirtualBox which i do not have, i tried to instal virtual box and completly remove it and i also removed all possible emulators and files and restarted multiple time yet it still shows the same...
  4. How can i fix the problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can i fix the problem: Hie everyone I'm facing a challenge on my laptop Dell type as I'm trying to update it and it says install error and if i start it again it takes a long timeeven a day to move from 0%to 100 %on updating.i need you help please. Is it possible. Always looking for a better...
  5. How can I fix this Problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix this Problem?: Ive tried everything. I've gone through the files, turned off key repeat on the keyboard, went to the device settings and made it to where it couldn't turn off the device the keyboard, I've searched for driver updates for my keyboard and they said that it was up to date, I've...
  6. How can I fix this Problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix this Problem?: Ive tried everything. I've gone through the files, turned off key repeat on the keyboard, went to the device settings and made it to where it couldn't turn off the device the keyboard, I've searched for driver updates for my keyboard and they said that it was up to date, I've...
  7. Problem in virtualbox

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem in virtualbox: Hi use a windows laptop and installed virtualbox in it and ran linux.. i accidentally gave 64 gigs for the vm so i deleted the files and uninstalled virtualbox but i still didnt get the 64 gb back.. what should i do submitted by /u/depresed_sfb [link] [comments]...
  8. VirtualBox Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VirtualBox Problems: Hello all, Tried posting this on r/VirtualBox but got hardly any responses. I am running VB version 6.1.0 on Windows 10 Home on a Lenovo IdeaPad S340. I can't run any of my Guests all of the sudden (Win Server 2012, my Linux VMs, as well as my XP VM). I tried enabling Local...
  9. SFC & DISM for fix Virtualbox problem on W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC & DISM for fix Virtualbox problem on W10: I arrive you from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93 redirected by https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=92535 I proceed follwing yor...
  10. How can I fix this problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I fix this problem.: Very Dissapointed. Why? Had Windows 7 Since upgrade to Windows 10 operating system. I can't view dvd's from my DVD. Have erased valuable footage during this plight. Smh....