Windows 10: Can I Force Edge to open Hyperlinks in new Edge Window and not new Tab

Discus and support Can I Force Edge to open Hyperlinks in new Edge Window and not new Tab in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I had to bite the bullet and finally leave IE 11 and go with Edge (for a number of reasons). It seems to be much better than when I tried the switch... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mystiky, Sep 26, 2018.

1. mystiky Win User

Can I Force Edge to open Hyperlinks in new Edge Window and not new Tab

I had to bite the bullet and finally leave IE 11 and go with Edge (for a number of reasons). It seems to be much better than when I tried the switch about 2 years ago initially.

My question: Is there any way to force EDGE to open any clicked hyperlinks to open in a completely new Edge Window, rather than a Tab? I don't mind disabling tabs completely if that is my only option.

Please let me know. Running all latest versions with Windows 10 x64

:)

mystiky, Sep 26, 2018

2. Edge new tab

Hi Niranjan,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I did not see a direct answer in your response to Pat's question:

"How can I set new tab in Edge to google.co.uk".

Please rephrase your answer so an old computer dinosaur could understand it.

I believe Pat was asking how to have each “new tab” open to a specific web page; in his case to google.co.uk.

When I open a new tab:

• I DON'T want ‘"suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.’
    • I DON'T want a “Blank page”
    • I Do want the Google search page: google.com
    Admittedly, I’m new to Windows 10 and Windows Edge but it appears to me that Microsoft is making it very difficult (or impossible) to use non-Microsoft search engines
    or default to non-Microsoft web pages.

Hope you can dispel my concerns.

Thanks, Jack

JackThorworth, Sep 26, 2018
  3. Edge new tab

Hi Pat,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Especially for Edge, its New tab page also shows “suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.

Can I Force Edge to open Hyperlinks in new Edge Window and not new Tab edge_newtab_10122_1.png

In Microsoft Edge, you have an option not to show the New tab page when you open a new tab. Just head to the ellipsis icon at the top right then select Settings. In Settings panel, you’ll see the option “Open new tab with.” In the drop-down menu, select
    “Blank page” to disable New tab page.

Can I Force Edge to open Hyperlinks in new Edge Window and not new Tab edge_newtab_10122_2.png

Can I Force Edge to open Hyperlinks in new Edge Window and not new Tab edge_newtab_10122_3.png

How to disable suggested content in New tab page

Suggested content has your information at a glance: weather, national news, local news, and even featured apps from the Store. Sometimes you don’t want to see this cluster and wish to hide it. To do that, you need to open Settings via the ellipsis icon.
    Then select “Top sites” in the drop-down menu of “Open new tab with.”

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Sep 26, 2018
  4. Can I Force Edge to open Hyperlinks in new Edge Window and not new Tab

Edge new tab

Hello All,

Sorry for the delayed response from our end.

Please be informed that Edge open a new tab to a specific webpage every time you click the "+" button at the right of a tab. Customizable options available are

• Show top sites
    • Show top sites
    • My news feed
    However you can still enjoy the best of the best features of the Internet Explorer using Microsoft Edge browser page.

Follow below steps:

1. Open Microsoft Edge browser.

2. Tap the three-dot menu (More Actions) on the top right on any page that you want to open in Internet Explorer.

3. Select Open With Internet Explorer.

Your recommendation is a valuable feedback for us and a scope for further improvement.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thanks

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

Can I Force Edge to open Hyperlinks in new Edge Window and not new Tab

1. Can I Force Edge to open Hyperlinks in new Edge Window and not new Tab - Similar Threads - Force Edge open

2. Edge opens home page on new Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens home page on new Tab: Latest version of Edge. New tab opens home page. Used to open blank page. How do I get the blank page back? What I find doing a search is for older versions (apparently) or refers to custom in settings but all that does is open a new page in a Tab. 183159
  3. Will Edge open a new tab or something when it updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will Edge open a new tab or something when it updates?: When I opened Edge in incognito mode just now, it loaded a new tab with the Microsoft Edge at Microsoft website. But I can't find the link now and I didn't let the website load fully. I just noticed that Edge updated earlier. So, I'm wondering if that's the case. submitted...
  4. Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab: Hello, I can not find a solution to this and I was hoping someone would know the answer. I have users in my company that are complaining about a URL link opening in the same tab. This causes what they were working on to be erased. Let me provide more detail: These users are...
  5. History and Open Tabs sync in New Edge browser

History and Open Tabs sync in New Edge browser: What does history and open tab sync actually mean? It is not available now but does it mean the history won't be synced if I log in to another computer using microsoft account? Do the bookmarks, and extensions installed from edge store and chrome store in edge browser...
  6. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737
  7. Open "edge://surf" on the new Edge

Open "edge://surf" on the new Edge: Game submitted by /u/oneberto [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g9l57r/open_edgesurf_on_the_new_edge/
  8. Forced to use Bing New Tab page on Edge Chromium?

Forced to use Bing New Tab page on Edge Chromium?: Hey all, So this past month I recommended Edge Chromium to another person, and they finally got around to installing it on their MacBook Pro. They loved nearly everything about it, including the nice touchbar integrations and such. (I'm a total Mac hater but its still good)...
  9. switch to new tab when opened in edge

in Browsers and Email
    switch to new tab when opened in edge: How do you make Edge display the contents of a new tab that you have downloaded by right clicking link? The tab is there after the right click but do I have to click on the tab, or can I set it to open automatically, if so How? 34640
  10. Change what New Tabs in Microsoft Edge Open with

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change what New Tabs in Microsoft Edge Open with: How to: Change what New Tabs in Microsoft Edge Open with How to Change what New Tabs in Microsoft Edge Open with in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open links in new tab edge

2. edge open links in new tab

3. open links in new window edge

4. open link in new tab edge,
  5. edge open link in new tab,
  6. open link in edge,
  7. force edge to open link in new tab,
  8. open hyperlink in edge,
  9. edge open links in new window,
  10. force edge to open links in a new tab,
  11. force a link to open in edge,