Windows 10: can i format my hard drive and then restore windows from a system disk?

Discus and support can i format my hard drive and then restore windows from a system disk? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; can i format my hard drive and then restore windows from a system disk?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VictorBranson, Feb 19, 2020.

1. can i format my hard drive and then restore windows from a system disk?

can i format my hard drive and then restore windows from a system disk?

:)

VictorBranson, Feb 19, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Remove spare hard disk as system disk

Thank you for your reply.

There's a possibility that your HDD was detected as OS drive during the Windows installation. To remove your HDD as system disk, we suggest reformatting it. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Disk Management.
    • Right-click on your HDD, then select Format.
    • On the Format windows, type your preferred Volume label,
      File system (NTFS is recommended)
      , Allocation unit size (leave as Default).
    • Check the Perform a quick format option, then click
      OK

Note: Please back up your files before reformatting the drive.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Feb 19, 2020
  3. macbeth Win User
    Free hard disk space reduce after system restore

I have problem getting update for windows. So decided to do a system restore. After doing a system restore i am able to update my windows but notice the free hard disk space had reduce.
    Before doing the system restore my free space in my C drive is about 33.6GB ( if i am not mistaken, quite sure anyway ) but after the system restore is 26.6GB. Despite having less program installed.
    Any idea where to those free space in my C drive went? And any idea what went wrong?

macbeth, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Alcpone Win User

Free hard disk space reduce after system restore

If your system is running ok now, you could disable system restore then re enable it, thus removing all previous restore points and freeing up that lost space!

*Wink can i format my hard drive and then restore windows from a system disk? ;)

Alcpone, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

1. can i format my hard drive and then restore windows from a system disk? - Similar Threads - format hard drive

2. Can I fix my Hard Disk Drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I fix my Hard Disk Drive?: Windows 10 suddenly won't boot or suddenly crashes showing BSODs like UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION, MEMORY MANAGEMENT, and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED in my Seagate 1TB HDD. I think it was a problem with the disk, I replaced my Disk with another one and the problem was solved. Can...
  3. How to format a Hard Drive or Disk in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to format a Hard Drive or Disk in Windows 10: [ATTACH]“Format” as a word in computers is very popular, and a well-known word among computer users. We all have done that, especially with the USB […] This article How to format a Hard Drive or Disk in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Not able to restore windows system image from an hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not able to restore windows system image from an hard drive: Hi, I recently backed up my system image to an 1TB External HD. I installed a new ssd in my laptop and did a fresh windows 10 install. But one of my 4tb Western Digital External HD didn't get unlocked even after entering the correct password. So i wanted to restore to the...
  5. Restore System Image From External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore System Image From External Hard Drive: Ok, so here's the situation... I'll start out with the fact that I'm somewhat tech savvy. I'm 36, and have been working on computers since I was 6. I taught myself BASIC at 10. I'm no expert, but I'm not your average user. I normally search for my solutions on the internet,...
  6. Format a Hard Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Format a Hard Disk Drive: I want to reformat a HGST 750GB hard disk drive connected thru a USB port on my computer. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-a-hard-disk-drive/0e989132-1b84-48c9-b089-ce4ac8420d30
  7. Format External hard disk drive.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Format External hard disk drive.: I have external hard disk drive which was prepared as a mini windows 10. I am trying to format from disk management and Command prompt. receiving below errors: Virtual Disk Service error: Clean is not allowed on the disk containing the current boot, system, pagefile,...
  8. Format hard disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Format hard disk: I want to gift my laptop to a friend and would like to format the hard disk, but when I try to do it the message is I can't do it because it could cause my computer to stop working. How do I erase everything from my computer's memory?...
  9. Format my external hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Format my external hard disk: Hello guys, I have changed my laptop's hard disk from its original one (HDD) to a SSD and now I want to use the HDD as an external disk for save lots of datas. The problem is that the whole old windows is still on the HDD disk, which means there are still the local disks C,...
  10. Formatting a Hard Drive that I took from a RAID-1 Linux System

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting a Hard Drive that I took from a RAID-1 Linux System: Hi. I have a 6 year old server with 2 1-terabyte 3.5 inch drives from my old business. The server was managed by my IT person and I was never interested in learning Linux so I never even got the passwords. Now I'd like to take the drives out and put them into an Insignia...