Windows 10: CAN I GET A NEW PRODUCT KEY

Discus and support CAN I GET A NEW PRODUCT KEY in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; WHAT DO I DO TO GET A NEW PRODUCT KEY ,MINE SEEMS NOT TO WORK ANY MORE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Puffy D, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Puffy D Win User

CAN I GET A NEW PRODUCT KEY

WHAT DO I DO TO GET A NEW PRODUCT KEY ,MINE SEEMS NOT TO WORK ANY MORE

:)

Puffy D, Jan 21, 2020
  2. L Burgo Win User

New DELL laptop- Windows Product Key

Hi and thanks DaveM121 for the prompt reply.

I followed the instructions supplied by the DELL email but in the end Windows would not automatically activate. I just found an answer by following this below google result instructions:

Find Windows 10 Product Key on a New Computer

1. Press Windows key + X.
    2. Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    3. At the command prompt, type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey. This will reveal the product key. Volume License Product Key Activation.

I copied the key and entered it into the option to change product key (not that one was entered as it said it was inactive in red text). FWIW, I never got a product key in any form suggested by the problem solving suggestions
    wormhole link I found in Settings. Apologies if this is a basic newbie issue. It has been doing my head in for the last couple of hours.

Anyway, greatly appreciate your time. Thanks again DaveM121.

L Burgo, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 21, 2020
  4. CAN I GET A NEW PRODUCT KEY

product key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below steps to resolve this issue:

Steps:

• Press and hold Windows key + R.
    • Type ‘slui 3’.
    • Enter your old product key and try to change product key
    • Use the new product and check if you are able to activate.
    For more information please follow the link given below, this information is provided by Andre Da Costa.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-activate-and-resolve-common-product-key/33f31475-93b3-4d1c-812f-4b21fbd807a7

Please get back to us if you are still facing this problem.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

CAN I GET A NEW PRODUCT KEY

1. CAN I GET A NEW PRODUCT KEY - Similar Threads - PRODUCT KEY

2. Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365: Hi, I bough a new laptop and Microsoft is asking me to purchase Microsoft Apps I need to use Word and Excel. I tried my current Windows 8 Pro license but it did not work. Any ideas how I can still use an old license and have access to Word and Excel?ThanksCris...
  3. Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365: Hi, I bough a new laptop and Microsoft is asking me to purchase Microsoft Apps I need to use Word and Excel. I tried my current Windows 8 Pro license but it did not work. Any ideas how I can still use an old license and have access to Word and Excel?ThanksCris...
  4. Windows is activated with Generic Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is activated with Generic Product Key: Hello,To summarize the issue, when I install Windows Home or Pro, Windows takes the license from my Microsoft account. However, this license is the key known as "Generic Product Key". There is no OEM license on my device. When installing Windows, I check the "I do not have a...
  5. Windows is activated with Generic Product Key

Windows is activated with Generic Product Key: Hello,To summarize the issue, when I install Windows Home or Pro, Windows takes the license from my Microsoft account. However, this license is the key known as "Generic Product Key". There is no OEM license on my device. When installing Windows, I check the "I do not have a...
  6. product key is not working

product key is not working: product key is not working. need to install the MS applications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-is-not-working/9814414a-2a25-47fa-9982-6ff294d369ea
  7. product key is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key is not working: product key is not working. need to install the MS applications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-is-not-working/9814414a-2a25-47fa-9982-6ff294d369ea
  8. product key is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. need to purchase product key for windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to purchase product key for windows 8: help me purchase a windows 8 product key so I can upgrade to windows 10. windows 8 is inactive from motherboard, it need activation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-purchase-product-key-for-windows-8/7b0896e5-ac4b-474e-9de3-7600fa5508b0
  10. need to purchase product key for windows 8

need to purchase product key for windows 8: help me purchase a windows 8 product key so I can upgrade to windows 10. windows 8 is inactive from motherboard, it need activation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-purchase-product-key-for-windows-8/7b0896e5-ac4b-474e-9de3-7600fa5508b0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Window 10 activeation command