Windows 10: Can I get a refund for a digital download of Windows 10 Pro that I did not need?

Discus and support Can I get a refund for a digital download of Windows 10 Pro that I did not need? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new desktop computer. The Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OS was preinstalled. During the setup I discovered that the Windows Update... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MitchellXP, May 27, 2019.

1. Can I get a refund for a digital download of Windows 10 Pro that I did not need?

I recently purchased a new desktop computer. The Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OS was preinstalled. During the setup I discovered that the Windows Update application was not working properly. I ran the troubleshooter which did not detect any problems. I posted a question with the Community and attempted to follow their instructions. I sent the computer out to a local repair shop and they were able to manually download and install some of the available updates. However a day later, new updates were available and they failed to install. A technician from the repair shop told me that my OS was fake and that was the cause of my problems with Windows Update. I then purchased a digital download from the Microsoft online Store. Due to my ignorance, I did not know that the purchase transaction was successful, and I could not find my download on the computer. I then contacted Microsoft Support (Chat), and the Technician there took remote of my computer and determined that the preinstalled OS was genuine and that the problem was with Windows Update. She also told me that I could get a refund for the digital download that I had paid for. She gave me the following address to use for getting the refund: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/windows/accounts/. When I contacted them tonight; I was told to go to the Microsoft Community to read the return policy. I read the policy and I am still confused. Will the Microsoft Store refund me for the purchase or won't they? I never downloaded the software, it is still in my email. I am not demanding a refund, if the policy is not to refund under this situation, then so be it. I just want an answer.

Regards,
    MitchellXP

:)

MitchellXP, May 27, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Re-installing Digital Image Pro

Hello,

Windows 10 may have encountered a software corruption that caused this issue. For us to better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• What changes have you made on your computer that caused you to perform a system restore?
    • What error message are you getting whenever you try to install Digital Image Pro?
    • Did you purchase Digital Image Pro from the Windows Store?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you access safe mode on Windows 10 by following the steps on this

link
    and follow the section that says From Settings. Once on safe mode, try to install Digital Image Pro and see if you'll encounter any issues.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, May 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Offer Refunds on Digital Purchases at Windows and Xbox Store

Read more: Microsoft to Offer Refunds on Digital Purchases at Windows and Xbox Stores - Thurrott.com

Brink, May 27, 2019
  4. Can I get a refund for a digital download of Windows 10 Pro that I did not need?

windows 10 compatible program similar to MS digital image Pro

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the MS Digital Image Pro, I would suggest you look for another application same as the said app that is compatible with Windows 10. Here are the operating systems that are only compatible with Microsoft Digital Image
    Pro :

• Microsoft Windows 2000
    • Microsoft Windows 98
    • Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
    • Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    • Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Regards.

Virfranz Man, May 27, 2019
Thema:

Can I get a refund for a digital download of Windows 10 Pro that I did not need?

1. Can I get a refund for a digital download of Windows 10 Pro that I did not need? - Similar Threads - refund digital download

2. Can I get a Refund for Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I get a Refund for Windows 10 Pro?: Can I get a refund for Windows 10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-a-refund-for-windows-10-pro/482eba69-f46c-4b2e-9af6-6742dcf8daa1
  3. Can I get a Refund for Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I get a Refund for Windows 10 Pro?: Can I get a refund for Windows 10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-a-refund-for-windows-10-pro/482eba69-f46c-4b2e-9af6-6742dcf8daa1
  4. Can I get a Refund for Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I get a Refund for Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. can i refund a digital copy of windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i refund a digital copy of windows?: recently purchased a digital copy of Windows 10 for use on my iMac though bootcamp but the installation doesn't work. is there any way i can get a refund or have i just wasted over £100??...
  7. can i refund a digital copy of windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i refund a digital copy of windows?: recently purchased a digital copy of Windows 10 for use on my iMac though bootcamp but the installation doesn't work. is there any way i can get a refund or have i just wasted over £100??...
  8. can i refund a digital copy of windows?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  9. How can I get a refund for Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I get a refund for Windows 10 Pro: Hi I just bought windows 10 Pro, but I don't really need it, Is there a way I can get a refund? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-a-refund-for-windows-10-pro/5ec1f59c-2c5a-47ec-8601-d44d6ccd914d
  10. Can I get a refund for windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I get a refund for windows 10 pro: I purchased Windows 10 pro to see if I could work at home due to the Corona Virus. Unfortunately even after help from our ICT department my laptop does not seem to be compatible...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if windows 10 download didnt work can i get a refund

2. how can I get a refund for Windows 10 pro?

3. how do you refund minecraft windows 10