Windows 10: Can I get back my window 11 if I reset my PC

Discus and support Can I get back my window 11 if I reset my PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I got a window 10 come with my Surface Book 2 last year, then I go a free upgrade to Window 11 early this year. Now I want to reset my computer, to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HoRebecca, Nov 26, 2022.

1. HoRebecca Win User

Can I get back my window 11 if I reset my PC

I got a window 10 come with my Surface Book 2 last year, then I go a free upgrade to Window 11 early this year. Now I want to reset my computer, to clean up window and re-install it. Can I still have Window 11 after reinstallation?

:)

HoRebecca, Nov 26, 2022

2. How to Reset Windows 11

This article explains how to Reset Windows 11 PC in case it is not working well.

Reset is a feature in Windows 11, which Reinstalls Windows, allowing you to keep the files or remove them as desired. Resetting is particularly helpful when you have problems with specific Windows components like Windows updates not working, Apps crashing, etc.

Doing a Reset affects the following things:

1. Reinstall a fresh copy of Windows.
    2. Reset your customized Settings to default.
    3. Remove/Keep your files depending on which option you select.
    4. Remove the installed applications on your Windows 11 PC.
    A Reset takes 20-25 minutes, depending on the configuration and the option chosen of Cloud Reset or Local Reset.

There are multiple ways to Reset your Windows 11 PC, and the following steps explain those in Detail:

How to Reset Windows 11

If you can start your computer, you can trigger a Reset from the Settings app. See the steps below:

• Open Start menu>Settings app.

Can I get back my window 11 if I reset my PC 901d4d18-418c-47ca-ae45-8f9783bccdfa?upload=true.png

• Go to System>Recovery options at the end.
    • Under Recovery options, click Reset PC.

Can I get back my window 11 if I reset my PC c81bce2d-6bb6-4bff-9251-ec88ffe31a01?upload=true.png

Reset options in Windows 11, now in System Settings, instead of Update and Security

• Select if you want to keep your files or remove the files. Removing the files is helpful if you plan to donate or sell your computer. I am selecting to keep my files in this example.

Can I get back my window 11 if I reset my PC 1938b7c8-5eb4-46bd-b227-c3118020e2a3?upload=true.png

• The next step is, how do you want to Reset Windows by downloading the Installation files from the Cloud or do a Local Reset. If you have an Internet connection, I recommend using the Cloud download option. Windows would download a 4GB file to your device and use that to reinstall Windows. A Local reinstall may also help, but for reliability purposes, I strongly suggest using Cloud Download. If you do not have an Internet connection or have limited data, choose Local reinstall.

Can I get back my window 11 if I reset my PC 76db4367-21aa-435d-ab13-e82584c7d1d4?upload=true.png

• Confirm the Ready to Reset this PC screen and the Recent update screen.

Can I get back my window 11 if I reset my PC a427daeb-97b8-4fd6-b1e4-ac4ee1274801?upload=true.png

• The process to download would then start. Confirm the Additional settings screen.

Can I get back my window 11 if I reset my PC 2b646a4b-dc87-4508-a9b0-822c5e1871fe?upload=true.png

• A preparing to Reset screen would then appear, which starts the Installation Process.

Can I get back my window 11 if I reset my PC cc0e26d7-9666-46ac-a097-a95c615e1eda?upload=true.png

• Windows would then Restart and show you the Resetting Progress on the screen.

Can I get back my window 11 if I reset my PC ba20d3c7-ae36-4249-a013-65799e8df8c3?upload=true.png

• After the first Restart, Windows would boot to the Installation phase.

Can I get back my window 11 if I reset my PC 41cb3fa6-2e61-455b-9bf5-e160c92285d5?upload=true.png

• When the process is complete, you would see the Login screen. Enter your PIN.

Can I get back my window 11 if I reset my PC 1b5254f0-1920-4bf6-8917-6eb85ca2fb48?upload=true.png

• After that, the Windows would finalize the Reset and show you the desktop.

• The Reset process is complete.

Can I get back my window 11 if I reset my PC e886a9d8-97fc-4f1d-bb6c-f9e5147362d4?upload=true.png

Reset Windows 11 from Windows Recovery environment

If your Windows has stopped working, Windows provides an option to Reset Windows 11 PC from the Recovery environment. To do that, you need to force the computer into Windows Recovery and then Reset Windows 11 from there. The process is nearly the same as above.

Step 1: Trigger the recovery environment:

• To force Windows into the Recovery environment, Perform a hard shutdown by pressing the power button for 5 seconds when the Windows boot screen appears.
    • Do this twice.

Can I get back my window 11 if I reset my PC 5eca5632-7acb-4228-b589-cd912c756bbc?upload=true.png

• On the third time, you would see the Windows Recovery Environment, which would say that your PC has a problem and it could not repair the problem.

Can I get back my window 11 if I reset my PC e8f08d72-3fa3-4c1d-af79-a05949b9f12f?upload=true.png

Step 2: Reset Windows 11 from the Windows Recovery environment

• Click Advanced options.

Can I get back my window 11 if I reset my PC 208237a1-ba40-47bf-b85b-02a9a35598d4?upload=true.png

• Click Troubleshoot. Select Reset this PC.

Can I get back my window 11 if I reset my PC db9e954d-1c82-4ada-a2de-5d6a0d038606?upload=true.png

• Select if you want to Keep files or Remove everything.

Can I get back my window 11 if I reset my PC 20ecb70e-aba7-47d1-88ca-ac5dc9abe2f3?upload=true.png

• Select Cloud Download or Local Download.
    • Confirm the Reset.
    • The process would start.

Can I get back my window 11 if I reset my PC 30c54cb8-8381-49f4-8bba-a108494b38c1?upload=true.png

After that, your computer would do the same process as mentioned above.

These steps can help you Resetting your Windows 11 PC. If a Reset fails, you may have to do a clean install using a USB hard drive, either prepared on another computer or an existing one you have.

Also read:

Can I get back my window 11 if I reset my PC f13cd2bc-ee9e-487c-b252-e104f03455e4?upload=true.png
    Sumit (@_sumitdhiman) / Twitter

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Nov 26, 2022
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 26, 2022
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password - Microsoft Support

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Can I get back my window 11 if I reset my PC - Similar Threads - window reset

2. How do I switch my Windows back to Windows 11 home after PC reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I switch my Windows back to Windows 11 home after PC reset?: Hello,I used to have Windows 11 Education because it was required by my university, but I have since graduated and no longer have access to that school email or account. I had Windows 10 on the computer before switching it to Windows 10 Education and then Windows 11 Education...
  3. How do I switch my Windows back to Windows 11 home after PC reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I switch my Windows back to Windows 11 home after PC reset?: Hello,I used to have Windows 11 Education because it was required by my university, but I have since graduated and no longer have access to that school email or account. I had Windows 10 on the computer before switching it to Windows 10 Education and then Windows 11 Education...
  4. Windows 11 Factory Reset Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Factory Reset Activation: Hello Microsoft Community Members,I'm worried about suspicious keylogger software in my PC. I don't know my PC really has keylogger or not but I don't feel safe about it. I just want to factory reset my PC with reinstalling Windows 11 Pro. I know how to reset my PC but just...
  5. Windows 11 Factory Reset Activation

Windows 11 Factory Reset Activation: Hello Microsoft Community Members,I'm worried about suspicious keylogger software in my PC. I don't know my PC really has keylogger or not but I don't feel safe about it. I just want to factory reset my PC with reinstalling Windows 11 Pro. I know how to reset my PC but just...
  6. How do you reset hotspot on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you reset hotspot on Windows 10: I can't get hotspot to work on Windows 10,is there a way to reset it so I can do a new username and password for it so I can get online?Leah Cardona https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-reset-hotspot-on-windows-10/082ab540-0985-4773-9e39-da5c5b2857c1
  7. How do you reset hotspot on Windows 10

How do you reset hotspot on Windows 10: I can't get hotspot to work on Windows 10,is there a way to reset it so I can do a new username and password for it so I can get online?Leah Cardona https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-reset-hotspot-on-windows-10/082ab540-0985-4773-9e39-da5c5b2857c1
  8. How do you reset hotspot on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Windows 11 doesn't work for my computer and can't reset to windows 10

Windows 11 doesn't work for my computer and can't reset to windows 10: I have a windows 11 computer and wanted to revert back to windows 10 however, I can not degrade from windows 11 to 10 manually. I tried using the media creation tool to make a new windows 10 point but it would not work. Can someone please help me?...
  10. Windows 11 doesn't work for my computer and can't reset to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesn't work for my computer and can't reset to windows 10: I have a windows 11 computer and wanted to revert back to windows 10 however, I can not degrade from windows 11 to 10 manually. I tried using the media creation tool to make a new windows 10 point but it would not work. Can someone please help me?...