Windows 10: Can I get back the "Scan" option in Windows Defender if I switch out of S mode?

Discus and support Can I get back the "Scan" option in Windows Defender if I switch out of S mode? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just bought a computer running Win 10 S mode, but its version of Windows Defender does not have the "Scan" option. So I cannot do a manual... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by N Y from New York, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Can I get back the "Scan" option in Windows Defender if I switch out of S mode?

I just bought a computer running Win 10 S mode, but its version of Windows Defender does not have the "Scan" option. So I cannot do a manual quick/full scan of the machine. If I switch out of the S mode to a regular Windows 10, will I get back the "Scan" option so that I can start a manual scan myself?

:)

N Y from New York, Aug 4, 2019

2. Can I get back the "Scan" option in Windows Defender if I switch out of S mode?

I just bought a computer running Win 10 S mode, but its version of Windows Defender does not have the "Scan" option. So I cannot do a manual quick/full scan of the machine. If I switch out of the S mode to a regular Windows 10, will I get back the "Scan"
    option so that I can start a manual scan myself?

N Y from New York, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Brian Cab Win User
    Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

Hi Joe,

to scan external drives using Windows Defender, follow the steps provided below.

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to Settings tab.
    • Select the Advanced option.
    • tick the checkbox for Scan removable drives.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Can I get back the "Scan" option in Windows Defender if I switch out of S mode?

defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Can I get back the "Scan" option in Windows Defender if I switch out of S mode?

1. Can I get back the "Scan" option in Windows Defender if I switch out of S mode? - Similar Threads - Scan option Defender

2. How can I switch out of S mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I switch out of S mode?: I've been trying to switch out of S mode for quite awhile on Windows 11 and I've tried so many things that people said as solutions online but absolutely nothing works and I just wanna switch out of S mode....
  3. How can I switch out of S mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I switch out of S mode?: I've been trying to switch out of S mode for quite awhile on Windows 11 and I've tried so many things that people said as solutions online but absolutely nothing works and I just wanna switch out of S mode....
  4. how can i get out of s mode ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how can i get out of s mode ?: how can i get out of s mode ? running win 10 pro, i have tried everything and switch button or upgrade are not there... in addition Microsoft store is blocked......
  5. I want to switch out of S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I want to switch out of S mode: I have a Lenovo Laptop with windows 10 in s mode pre-installed, I want to switch out of S mode, I went to settings --> update and security, then activation, when I go he store to switch it out, the botton " get" is grey and I can't use it , and it's written "check with your...
  6. How can I switch out of S Mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I switch out of S Mode?: I have a PC running Windows 10 Home in S Mode. I want my computer to run in normal mode but I am unable to switch out that S Mode. When I am trying, I get a message: Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help"...
  7. I cannot switch out of S mode.

I cannot switch out of S mode.: I am unable to switch out of S mode and have followed the directions but will not give me the option to turn it off.screenshot below [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-switch-out-of-s-mode/04dba2a1-b39a-44e4-9411-bc77facc95c9
  8. Can not switch out of S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can not switch out of S mode: I just purchased a New Lenovo laptop that came with windows 10 in S mode installed. I have installed all updates, including updating the Microsoft store. When I go to switch out of safe mode, I get an error message saying "Try that again - something happened on our end....
  9. I can't switch out the 'S mode'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't switch out the 'S mode': [ATTACH]I bought a new laptop some weeks ago and then I just realize it comes with the 'S mode' in it. I tried to switch out from the microsoft store but it's totally impossible because the 'get it' ,supposed to be blue, button is already in gray and not working at all....
  10. Windows Switched Back To S Mode and Can't Switch Out

Windows Switched Back To S Mode and Can't Switch Out: Crazy right? I got a laptop and first thing I did was switch out of S mode. Easy done it. Then a couple of days later, I wanted to use Mozilla but Windows said that is in S mode. Which is already strange because you can't revert back to S Mode but alas it says that Windows is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defender manual scan waindows s mode

2. cant do manual scan in s mode