Windows 10: Can I get by with Windows Defender Virus Protection?

Discus and support Can I get by with Windows Defender Virus Protection? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On Windows 10 Pro version 2004 I am currently using Malwarebytes, however, is it possible to get by just using Windows Defender Virus Protection?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by windoc, Jul 19, 2020.

1. windoc Win User

Can I get by with Windows Defender Virus Protection?

On Windows 10 Pro version 2004

I am currently using Malwarebytes, however, is it possible to get by just using Windows Defender Virus Protection? It's free and also uses less resources.

Thank-You

:)

windoc, Jul 19, 2020

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Can I get by with Windows Defender Virus Protection?

Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Can I get by with Windows Defender Virus Protection?

1. Can I get by with Windows Defender Virus Protection? - Similar Threads - Defender Virus Protection

2. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info: I have no idea why I got this error since I just repaired my pc and haven’t download any third party anti viruses. Please help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-protection-stuck/9e7ef694-a28f-4725-8cfc-a81067bdb7ed
  3. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info: I have no idea why I got this error since I just repaired my pc and haven’t download any third party anti viruses. Please help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-protection-stuck/9e7ef694-a28f-4725-8cfc-a81067bdb7ed
  4. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Defender Virus & Threat Protection

Windows Defender Virus & Threat Protection: Windows Defender does not run scans or allow me to update settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-threat-protection/cada3eda-6c30-472b-a292-40efa4fb820e
  6. WINDOWS DEFENDER/ANTI VIRUS PROTECTION

WINDOWS DEFENDER/ANTI VIRUS PROTECTION: Do i need private virus protection if have Windows defender and real time protection on? When i attempt to turn Windows defender on it says "TO ALLOW THIS APP TO RUN CONTACT YOUR SECURITY ADMINISTRATOR TO ENABLE THE PROGRAM VIA GROUP POLICY"....What does that mean? Does...
  7. Virus protection on windows defender

Virus protection on windows defender: My virus protection on windows defender will not scan as it states that I am using another provider although I have not subscribed to any other provider . This is a recent occurrence (2 days) . Any ideas?...
  8. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection: Ransom ware protection says "Setup One Drive" I enter my email and it says your one drive is already synced for that address. Yet Defender still says you need to set up Onedrive for ransomware protection. We have been issued with a ransomware threat from and unknown...
  9. Windows defender Virus Protection

Windows defender Virus Protection: I had uninstalled Third Party Antivirus Software after its validy After that I can not able to switch on Windows Defender Virus Protection . It is showing message your virus and protection is managed by your organization Pl help to restore the setting by switching on...
  10. where can i get the protection for viruses.

where can i get the protection for viruses.: where can i get the protection for viruses. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_updating-windows_other/where-can-i-get-the-protection-for-viruses/768212df-268b-4a0e-8758-8b90bc48f82e