Windows 10: Can I get detailed file access logs for Windows 10?

Discus and support Can I get detailed file access logs for Windows 10? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Expert, Can I get detailed file access logs for Windows 10? I know I can get some logs from event id 4663 and SYSMON, however, I can only see... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jackyFD, Oct 27, 2020.

1. jackyFD Win User

Can I get detailed file access logs for Windows 10?

Hi Expert,

I know I can get some logs from event id 4663 and SYSMON, however, I can only see "read" and "delete" logs.

I would like to obtain the following logs for auditing purposes.
    -------------------------------

create/read/modify/delete

rename/copy

-------------------------------

Reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/auditing/event-4663

I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions you might have.

Thanks,

Jacky

:)

jackyFD, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 Explorer File Details Pane

Hi,

If you are referring for preview pane in File explorer then follow the steps below.

• Open File explorer; open any document or file or folder.
    • Click on View on the Quick access toolbar ribbon.
    • Click on Preview pane or Details pane.
    You may please provide your suggestions in the feedback app. It will be directly referred by our
    developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details and then select
      Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, choose a topic from
      Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.
    Hope it helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Can I get detailed file access logs for Windows 10? - Similar Threads - detailed file access

2. Sometimes my PC restarted automatically and getting this details in LOG file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes my PC restarted automatically and getting this details in LOG file: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>8</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task>...
  3. Sometimes my PC restarted automatically and getting this details in LOG file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes my PC restarted automatically and getting this details in LOG file: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>8</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task>...
  4. Sometimes my PC restarted automatically and getting this details in LOG file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Change log-in details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change log-in details: Windows 10/ Live is logged into my email as JohnDoe@Defunct address in trying to change this to my current email address Windows tells me that it is already in use, yes, that's why I want to use it. The problem arises because Outlook insists on using the defunct address,...
  6. Change log-in details

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change log-in details: Windows 10/ Live is logged into my email as JohnDoe@Defunct address in trying to change this to my current email address Windows tells me that it is already in use, yes, that's why I want to use it. The problem arises because Outlook insists on using the defunct address,...
  7. Change log-in details

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Can not get access to a file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not get access to a file.: I am trying to read this file: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Input\Saitek_X52_Flight_Cont rol_System.xml I took possession of the folder, but the system denies my taking possession of the files in it. I read somewhere that...
  9. Windows "forgets" log in details

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows "forgets" log in details: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1909, upgraded from Windows 7 Pro. I use a Live account to log in. The password for my PC is different from my actual account, and I have two factor authentication enabled. For years now, every time I've logged into my PC, Mail will bring up a...
  10. Windows 10 Explorer File Details Pane, can I alter the view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Explorer File Details Pane, can I alter the view: Hi, Can I adjust the view of the Explorer file details pane? I have a map with photo's and see a lot of info displayed. I would like to add the property "Owner", as I can in the file details list pane. That would be a great improvement....