Windows 10: Can I get drivers from a USB to another?

Discus and support Can I get drivers from a USB to another? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an Afterglow headset, it's USB that plugs in is MASSIVE. huge. was wondering if theres a way to get the content of that USB onto another, of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nanamagari1989, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Can I get drivers from a USB to another?

I have an Afterglow headset, it's USB that plugs in is MASSIVE. huge. was wondering if theres a way to get the content of that USB onto another, of course I know I'd have to format it but just wondering. It doesn't show up in file explorer.

submitted by /u/Nanamagari1989
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nanamagari1989, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

I Need SM-USB 007 Driver

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 27, 2019
  3. USB composite device "driver error"

Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? We suggest uninstalling and re-installing USB drivers and check if the issue persists. To do that, please follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click on the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Dec 27, 2019
  4. spapakons Win User

Can I get drivers from a USB to another?

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Can I get drivers from a USB to another? [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Can I get drivers from a USB to another?

1. Can I get drivers from a USB to another? - Similar Threads - drivers USB another

2. Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?: I have a new PC and salavaged my old hard drive, have put it in a new case and it connects now externally via USB.Is there any way I can run the Windows install on that drive seperately on my new PC?...
  3. Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?: I have a new PC and salavaged my old hard drive, have put it in a new case and it connects now externally via USB.Is there any way I can run the Windows install on that drive seperately on my new PC?...
  4. Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how can I get another product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I get another product key?: I have a 10 disk set of Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 which I purchased in 2020. I had Windows 10 in my PC when the hard drive crashed I upgraded my hardware and installed Windows 11 Pro. I have installed the MSFS and tried to enter my 25 digit product key which came with the...
  6. how can I get another product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I get another product key?: I have a 10 disk set of Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 which I purchased in 2020. I had Windows 10 in my PC when the hard drive crashed I upgraded my hardware and installed Windows 11 Pro. I have installed the MSFS and tried to enter my 25 digit product key which came with the...
  7. how can i get drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can i get drivers?: how can i get drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-drivers/4f3a81f4-8e30-40ec-99e1-5ba05c96815a
  8. Can I get a Windows 10 key from another device running 7?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I get a Windows 10 key from another device running 7?: Say I have an old laptop running Windows 7 that I don’t use any more. Would it be possible to either deactivate Windows on that laptop and obtain a fresh Windows 10 Home key, or would I have to upgrade to Windows 10 on the old laptop then deactivate to get the key; or is any...
  9. How can I upgrade from a SSD to another?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I upgrade from a SSD to another?: Hello! I got a nice deal with the black friday's discounts for a 480GB SSD from kingston. I had another one with 120GB so i want to move everything from it to the other one, that means Windows and a couple of apps. I will keep both SSDs in my system but I want the 480GBs one...
  10. Can I create Bootable USB for Win 10 from another computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I create Bootable USB for Win 10 from another computer?: Had tried to update the BIOS on my son's Alienware Aurora R4 so that we could install an upgraded graphics card (980 Ti). Used the Dell Support site - and was upgrading from Bios 7 to Bios 9 - would eventually go up to current version 11 before swapping GPU. Followed...