Windows 10: Can I Get MacOS Type Power Button Functionality?

Discus and support Can I Get MacOS Type Power Button Functionality? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I own a 2015 27-inch intel iMac running MacOS Mojave and has the latest version of Windows 10 installed and I want to see if even by third-party, I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GeorgeHarold, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Can I Get MacOS Type Power Button Functionality?

I own a 2015 27-inch intel iMac running MacOS Mojave and has the latest version of Windows 10 installed and I want to see if even by third-party, I can make it so when I hold the power button, it goes into hibernation mode, and if I tap the power button, it turns off the screen and cannot be awaken by the computer, nor the mouse or keyboard inputs until the power button is pressed again. I really love the multi-functionality of the MacOS and really hope to see these kinds of options available even by third-party for the power button for my iMac, and would be really useful for my needs.

:)

GeorgeHarold, Apr 16, 2022
  2. harrymc Win User

Is there a way to make custom function to power button in windows 10?

The power button does not generate a key-code that can be intercepted.
    It is still possible to detect and block, but requires a program that blocks
    its action while running.

The steps to doing it are described here. Future changes in Windows might disable
    this solution.

More detailed instructions are found
    on Stack Overflow.

harrymc, Apr 16, 2022
  3. Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

• Open the Keyboard control panel item by typing keyboard into Start Menu.
    • Click the Hardware tab, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Change Settings button

Note: This step requires Administrator access
    • Click the Power Management tab, and then verify that the Allow this device to wake the computer is enabled.
    • Click OK, and then click OK again.

FreeBooter, Apr 16, 2022
  4. Can I Get MacOS Type Power Button Functionality?

Power button no longer locks screen

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

From the description it appears that, Power button is not functioning as expected and it always does some other function while pressing it.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1) Type Troubleshooting in the windows search box.

2) Click on Troubleshooting and select the
    option on the left pane.

3) Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

I also suggest you to run the Hardware and device troubleshooter and check.

• Type “troubleshooting” in the search box and click on
      troubleshooter

• In the left pane, click on View all

• Now click on Hardware and device and follow the on screen instruction.
    I also recommend you to contact the place of purchase and check if they can help.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 16, 2022
Thema:

Can I Get MacOS Type Power Button Functionality?

1. Can I Get MacOS Type Power Button Functionality? - Similar Threads - MacOS Type Power

2. Functions button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Functions button: After update Win 11 23H2 version, The "Windows" button and the "Fn" button have their functions changed. Before, I pressed 'Windows+I' to go to "Setting", now I have to press 'Fn+I'...
  3. Functions button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Functions button: After update Win 11 23H2 version, The "Windows" button and the "Fn" button have their functions changed. Before, I pressed 'Windows+I' to go to "Setting", now I have to press 'Fn+I'...
  4. Function buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function buttons: I have a Toshiba Satellite S75-B7396 and I'm wondering how to turn off the function button shortcuts brightness, volume, etc. There are some games that use the function keys and I want to figure out how turn off those shortcuts....
  5. Function buttons

Function buttons: I have a Toshiba Satellite S75-B7396 and I'm wondering how to turn off the function button shortcuts brightness, volume, etc. There are some games that use the function keys and I want to figure out how turn off those shortcuts....
  6. Can I Get MacOS Type Power Button Functionality?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I Get MacOS Type Power Button Functionality?: I own a 2015 27-inch intel iMac running MacOS Mojave and has the latest version of Windows 10 installed and I want to see if even by third-party, I can make it so when I hold the power button, it goes into hibernation mode, and if I tap the power button, it turns off the...
  7. Can I Get MacOS Type Power Button Functionality?

Can I Get MacOS Type Power Button Functionality?: I own a 2015 27-inch intel iMac running MacOS Mojave and has the latest version of Windows 10 installed and I want to see if even by third-party, I can make it so when I hold the power button, it goes into hibernation mode, and if I tap the power button, it turns off the...
  8. Can I swap the FN and CTRL button function?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I swap the FN and CTRL button function?: I have a couple keyboards I love that have the Function button and Control buttons swapped compared to my laptop. Is there a way in windows to easily swap the function of those keys?With my Lenovo laptop I could do this in the BIOS and it was very helpful - so my muscle...
  9. Can I turn off the start button function?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I turn off the start button function?: It doubles as the command button in adobe premiere and it's pretty annoying that sometimes it works in premiere and sometimes it just opens the start menu. submitted by /u/BlondiestRockGod [link] [comments]...
  10. Title bar buttons as on MacOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Title bar buttons as on MacOS: Hello Microsoft Community! I have a small question - is it even possible (through system properties or registry) to revert (mirror) title bar default appearance? I've tried LeftSider before, but it'd returned me title bar buttons on the left side with bug - title of app...