Windows 10: Can I get my old password back?

Discus and support Can I get my old password back? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had to get my laptop fixed and you guys then said I was hacked and I had to change it. I really really don't care if my password isn't strong... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rebeccabivens, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Can I get my old password back?

I had to get my laptop fixed and you guys then said I was hacked and I had to change it.

I really really don't care if my password isn't strong enough. I simply do not care. Give. It. Back.

This could have been a serious issue if I was getting hardware fixed and you forced me to change it but no it was the body of the laptop. So I want my old password back please.

:)

rebeccabivens, Oct 13, 2018
  2. Bob Marks Win User

Reuse/Reset an old Password

Thanks for your quick response. But my problem is that M.S. says old password con not be used. I want to switch back to my old password. I think I need to contact M.S. to clear the registry for my passwords. Then, I will be able to switch back.

Bob Marks, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Can I get my old password back?

Reuse/Reset an old Password

Hi Bob,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know how are you trying to change the Password? Using web base browser or mail client?

For now let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. I suggest you to open the outlook.com web page on the browser and log-in using the working password. Now try changing the password from the change password option and check if it helps.

• Click on the Gear and click Option.
    • Click on Account details (Password, addresses, time zone) and click on
      Security & Privacy.
    • Click on Change password and provide the credential and change the password.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Can I get my old password back?

1. Can I get my old password back? - Similar Threads - old password

2. Old password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old password: I'm having an issue where i reset my password and when i go to use it, it works fine. the next day i go to log into my Ubisoft account via xbox and i enter the same password and it says it's wrong and is wanting me to reset it, i cant keep making new passwords or i wont...
  3. Old password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old password: I'm having an issue where i reset my password and when i go to use it, it works fine. the next day i go to log into my Ubisoft account via xbox and i enter the same password and it says it's wrong and is wanting me to reset it, i cant keep making new passwords or i wont...
  4. Repair notebook without old password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair notebook without old password: A friend has asked me if I can help fix an Asus TP202N that won't start, error 21a. I've tried unsuccessfully booting from a USB and I am hampered by problems with her MS password. Because she had separate problems, she changed her password while this device was not connected...
  5. Repair notebook without old password

Repair notebook without old password: A friend has asked me if I can help fix an Asus TP202N that won't start, error 21a. I've tried unsuccessfully booting from a USB and I am hampered by problems with her MS password. Because she had separate problems, she changed her password while this device was not connected...
  6. Repair notebook without old password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can't login, password rejected, don't have old phone number, online help runaround, live...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login, password rejected, don't have old phone number, online help runaround, live...: Hello, we me & spouse cannot login to MS using existing email address. The email address works on our phone. Login rejects what we believed was the password, and similar attempts. To reset the password, it wants to text to an old work cellphone number we no longer have. We've...
  8. Can't login, password rejected, don't have old phone number, online help runaround, live...

Can't login, password rejected, don't have old phone number, online help runaround, live...: Hello, we me & spouse cannot login to MS using existing email address. The email address works on our phone. Login rejects what we believed was the password, and similar attempts. To reset the password, it wants to text to an old work cellphone number we no longer have. We've...
  9. I want to change back to an old password on my Microsoft account however it won't let me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change back to an old password on my Microsoft account however it won't let me...: I want to change back to an old password on my Microsoft account however it won't let me. I was trouble shooting a different issue with logging into my account. And restarted a password as a troubleshooting step. However, now that the previous issue is fixed, this new problem...
  10. I want to change back to an old password on my Microsoft account however it won't let me...

I want to change back to an old password on my Microsoft account however it won't let me...: I want to change back to an old password on my Microsoft account however it won't let me. I was trouble shooting a different issue with logging into my account. And restarted a password as a troubleshooting step. However, now that the previous issue is fixed, this new problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i get my old passwords back

2. how can I get my old pass wordback working?