Windows 10: Can I get my old window license key after activating with OEM license key?

Discus and support Can I get my old window license key after activating with OEM license key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello,I would like to know it is possible to get old window license key I think it will be retail or other in my laptop that I had used after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ChanNwe, Dec 7, 2021.

1. ChanNwe Win User

Can I get my old window license key after activating with OEM license key?

Hello,I would like to know it is possible to get old window license key I think it will be retail or other in my laptop that I had used after I activated with OEM license key.With this OEM, window can't update andsome features will not work.So, I want to reactivate my window with license key previously I had used.Please help me I am a new user.Forgive me if my writing is bad.Thank u for giving your precious time.

:)

ChanNwe, Dec 7, 2021

2. oem activation key

Right - especially if a newer board.

That said, if doing a re-install on a totally different motherboard, OEM licenses are not "legally" transferable.

Bill_Bright, Dec 7, 2021
  3. Windows 10 OEM License Key Reactivation Error!

I have a windows 8 OEM genuine license key. I'm installing windows license key virtual box checking the key in windows 10 activation first time. my virtual machine windows 10 was activated in my windows 8 OEM key after the activation I'm cleaning my laptop
    windows 10 and install fresh windows 10 again in my dell laptop and I'm using that license key again but my windows 10 can't activating.. my virtual box windows lost and windows or old data lost but my new windows can't activating how to activate the again
    using the same license key please help me my OEM License key purchasing money waste..

Muhammad Aadil, Dec 7, 2021
  4. Can I get my old window license key after activating with OEM license key?

Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Dec 7, 2021
Thema:

Can I get my old window license key after activating with OEM license key?

1. Can I get my old window license key after activating with OEM license key? - Similar Threads - old window license

2. Will the oem key disappear after I changed the windows license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will the oem key disappear after I changed the windows license?: My Lenovo laptop is Windows 11 Home China version. I want to change the display language recently. However, It’s single-language Windows, I can’t change the language. And I want to change the license but I affraid that if I do something wrong then I will lose the oem key....
  3. Will the oem key disappear after I changed the windows license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will the oem key disappear after I changed the windows license?: My Lenovo laptop is Windows 11 Home China version. I want to change the display language recently. However, It’s single-language Windows, I can’t change the language. And I want to change the license but I affraid that if I do something wrong then I will lose the oem key....
  4. Activate Retail windows 11 pro key on a PC with an OEM license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Retail windows 11 pro key on a PC with an OEM license: Hey there, I just recently bought a windows 11 pro retail license key, I intend to use it on my OEM activated windows 11 pro PC, but I don't know how to remove the OEM license first. Is there anyway to do this, I don't intend to use the OEM license on another PC. I upgrade my...
  5. How I can get my licensed WINDOWS - product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How I can get my licensed WINDOWS - product key?: I have licensed windows life time free in my laptop. This I got as Free feature along while buying new laptop. I have not educated to collect product key of windows. Recently I need to change battery & service due to other issue they have uninstalled my licensed windows &...
  6. How I can get my licensed WINDOWS - product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I can get my licensed WINDOWS - product key?: I have licensed windows life time free in my laptop. This I got as Free feature along while buying new laptop. I have not educated to collect product key of windows. Recently I need to change battery & service due to other issue they have uninstalled my licensed windows &...
  7. How I can get my licensed WINDOWS - product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. OEM license, getting new mobo. Can I re-license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OEM license, getting new mobo. Can I re-license?: I have my computer with an OEM version of windows. I'm going to be upgrading my hardware - including my motherboard. I've been trying to research but have yet to find an answer to my exact questions. 1. Upon installing a new mobo, can I just purchase a new license key to...
  9. Windows License Key / Windows Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows License Key / Windows Activation: Hello everyone! So at some point after some updates from Microsoft i noticed a notification kept popping up. I was being told that Windows is not activated like as i didnt have a licensed product key. The device is a Lenovo ideapad 310 bought with a Windows 10 Pro...
  10. activation license key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activation license key: Does anyone know how to activate license key and what exactly is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-license-key/575d56f8-4838-441e-bb55-6012eae866e8"