Windows 10: Can I get my previous OEM key , If transfer the retail key to another pc ?

Discus and support Can I get my previous OEM key , If transfer the retail key to another pc ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a OEM key of Windows 10 Home installed in my pc then I purchased a Windows 10 Pro Retail key And activated Windows with it. Now I want to know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AnuragSingh20112002, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Can I get my previous OEM key , If transfer the retail key to another pc ?

I have a OEM key of Windows 10 Home installed in my pc then I purchased a Windows 10 Pro Retail key And activated Windows with it. Now I want to know that does my windows get activate with OEM key Obviously after reinstalling Windows 10 Home if I will Transfer my retail key to another pc.

:)

AnuragSingh20112002, Jul 5, 2021

2. Transferring Retail but keeping OEM key's installed?

I'm upgrading my laptop (Razer blade stealth) from the OEM windows 10 home, to the RETAIL version of windows 10 pro. I'm wondering if I take that RETAIL product key, and transfer it to a new computer (example, buying a new laptop), will the old laptop
    still have the OEM windows 10 home product key installed after the transfer? Or will windows be illegitimate?

Coby Hackett, Jul 5, 2021
  3. xlook Win User
    Can I Transfer an OEM Product Key to New PC?

I built a new PC and want to install windows 8.1. For this I need to buy a product key. I was told that OEM product keys are "married" to the motherboard for life.

But lets say I install win 8.1 and use an OEM product key yo activate it. And lets say in the future I get rid of the old motherboard and install a new motherboard. Will I be able to transfer the product key to the new motherboard? Or would I need a retail product key to transfer the key to a new PC or motherboard?

xlook, Jul 5, 2021
  4. Steve C Win User

Can I get my previous OEM key , If transfer the retail key to another pc ?

Upgrading a PC and Retail Keys

If I build a new PC and activate Windows 10 on it with my old Windows 8 key which was used on the old PC, will the old PC remain activated?

Steve C, Jul 5, 2021
Thema:

Can I get my previous OEM key , If transfer the retail key to another pc ?

1. Can I get my previous OEM key , If transfer the retail key to another pc ? - Similar Threads - previous OEM key

2. what should I buy oem key or cheap retail key or microsoft retail key? can i fresh install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what should I buy oem key or cheap retail key or microsoft retail key? can i fresh install...: I have a desktop pc , my pc is not activated and I want it to be activated through legit way but I don't have such high amount 16500rupees - 199.99 usd .My questions:- OEM :- If I buy OEM key from a valid source and later in future if I want to fresh install my same pc with...
  3. what should I buy oem key or cheap retail key or microsoft retail key? can i fresh install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what should I buy oem key or cheap retail key or microsoft retail key? can i fresh install...: I have a desktop pc , my pc is not activated and I want it to be activated through legit way but I don't have such high amount 16500rupees - 199.99 usd .My questions:- OEM :- If I buy OEM key from a valid source and later in future if I want to fresh install my same pc with...
  4. Retail and OEM product keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Retail and OEM product keys: Hello there, I want to buy a product key to activate my OS. In the web I found that there are two types. One is using a retail keyquite expensive and other is using a OEM key. I further found that once you activate using a OEM key it is locked to that device while retail...
  5. Transferring Windows Key to another PC

Transferring Windows Key to another PC: Hey all! So I'm basically looking to move onto another system. Had to many issues with my current one. A friend donated a pc with a newer UEFI mobo and cpu. I was just wondering how I'm supposed to transfer my Windows over as my current key is embedded onto my current...
  6. Possible to change OEM key to another OEM key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to change OEM key to another OEM key: Hello all, I've got second hand laptop yesterday. It is Lenovo T640, which comes with Windows 10 Pro OEM license preinstalled in the BIOS. Unfortunately I'm unable to use this key anymore, because the first owner has reached the limit of activation of this key (I called...
  7. Transfer Win10 HOME Key retail to another PC after upgrading to PRO retail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Win10 HOME Key retail to another PC after upgrading to PRO retail: As the subject line states... I have 2 PCs. One with a HOME retail key and one with no key but is an older PC ... let say it currently has no OS. I want to upgrade this newer PC from HOME retail to PRO retail. I have already retrieved the HOME key and saved into a text...
  8. When getting windows for a new pc should I get a retail or OEM key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When getting windows for a new pc should I get a retail or OEM key?: submitted by /u/TiredPast [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g0y69i/when_getting_windows_for_a_new_pc_should_i_get_a/
  9. Transfer OEM key

Transfer OEM key: I have an windows 7 OEM key which I used to activate windows 10 on my old laptop but I got a new one without windows in which I got to activate the old key without any problems. For what it seems, the key is linked to my account. Is it okay to have 2 computers with same key?...
  10. Can I Transfer an OEM Product Key to New PC?

Can I Transfer an OEM Product Key to New PC?: I built a new PC and want to install windows 8.1. For this I need to buy a product key. I was told that OEM product keys are "married" to the motherboard for life. But lets say I install win 8.1 and use an OEM product key yo activate it. And lets say in the future I get...