Windows 10: Can I get my screen to stay in full screen all the time? I've watched videos but that...

Discus and support Can I get my screen to stay in full screen all the time? I've watched videos but that... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I watched a video and got through to the last couple of screens he was showing and then I didn't have any of the links or buttons he said to click on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KJS5, Mar 29, 2020.

1. KJS5 Win User

Can I get my screen to stay in full screen all the time? I've watched videos but that...

I watched a video and got through to the last couple of screens he was showing and then I didn't have any of the links or buttons he said to click on.

:)

2. Screen flickering while watching videos full screen

It just started recently that everytime I watch any video in full screen, that screen it is on flickers. I have seen, that it happens if any other program causes any popup (like Origins "a friend started playing X game"), but it is not limited to this.

My PC itself is working fine, meaning that powersupply and driver etc. are all okay. I reinstalled windows 2-3 months back (the flickering might have started after this but not sure).

What could be a cause for this flickering and how can I fix it?

Note: The flickering is a blackscreen of about 5-10 frames I'd guess and it happens about 3-5 times within like 2 seconds and can occur everywhere in the video. I have the feeling, that the less active I am on the second screen, the less flickering I have. Also if I rewind the video after a flickering, the flickering does most of the time not occur again.

Specs:

• Asus GTX 1070 TI
    • Asus ROG STRIX Z270F
    • Intel I7-7700K
    • 2x Acer Predator XB241H
    • 650W power supply

If you need any more info feel free to ask

XtremeBaumer, Mar 29, 2020
  3. shingy Win User
    Browser video won't stay full screen

Hey everyone,

When I'm watching a video full screen within my browser (Firefox) it will randomly leave the full screen view and go back to the standard view. It doesn't always happen, but I'd guess it occurs about a third of the time. It seems to happen mostly when I'm viewing a video on Youtube, but it does happen on embedded Youtube videos that are on another site and videos using other platforms like Vimeo. I've had this issue using both flash and html5 players, different versions of windows, Firefox browsers, and even different computers. Given that, I suspect it has something to do with my Firefox configuration, but I have no clue what could be causing it and since the problem doesn't occur all the time, it's hard to troubleshoot.

Has anyone run into this and/or have any suggestions on what might be going on?

Thanks,
    Jason

shingy, Mar 29, 2020
  4. huffman Win User

Can I get my screen to stay in full screen all the time? I've watched videos but that...

HDMI how to watch video

I have been in the hospital for two months (really old also). My windows 10 PC is dedicated primarily to watching videos. It is already setup to watch videos using an HDMI cable (already attached), but I have forgotten how get the video to play from the computer to my big screen tv.

I know it has to be simple, but I just cannot remember how. I could use a step by step how to.

Thanks

huffman, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Can I get my screen to stay in full screen all the time? I've watched videos but that... - Similar Threads - screen stay full

2. Problems trying to watch videos on full screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems trying to watch videos on full screen.: After the last update on my laptop I'm using Windows 11 I tried to watch some videos on full screen, however the white lower banner never disappears, making it impossible to enjoy watching Youtube, Netflix, Twitch on full screen.I attached an image of the problem when trying...
  3. Problems trying to watch videos on full screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems trying to watch videos on full screen.: After the last update on my laptop I'm using Windows 11 I tried to watch some videos on full screen, however the white lower banner never disappears, making it impossible to enjoy watching Youtube, Netflix, Twitch on full screen.I attached an image of the problem when trying...
  4. Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen: When watching a video in full screen mode, slight mouse movements keep causing operating overlays to show up. I tried significantly slowing down the mouse speed, but that didn't help.The problem shows up in Firefox, Chrome, Youtube, and Disney +....
  5. Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen

Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen: When watching a video in full screen mode, slight mouse movements keep causing operating overlays to show up. I tried significantly slowing down the mouse speed, but that didn't help.The problem shows up in Firefox, Chrome, Youtube, and Disney +....
  6. Taskbar stays in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar stays in full screen: I have a problem - often but not always when I am opening YouTube or other apps in full screen, taskbar stays on top of it until I do Win+D 2 times. My config is Dell P75f003 with external monitor 2 displays total, plus might be relevant I changed desktop icon spacing using...
  7. Taskbar stays in full screen

Taskbar stays in full screen: I have a problem - often but not always when I am opening YouTube or other apps in full screen, taskbar stays on top of it until I do Win+D 2 times. My config is Dell P75f003 with external monitor 2 displays total, plus might be relevant I changed desktop icon spacing using...
  8. Keep full screen at all times.

in Windows 10 Support
    Keep full screen at all times.: After the 1809 update (I think) there have been implemented some adaptive fullscreen > windowed mode when something happens > then back to fullscreen when notification ends. Example: When i play a game in full screen and tell my spotify via hotkey to change song, the popup...
  9. blank screen after watching videos in full screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blank screen after watching videos in full screen: Hi, After I stream a video in fullscreen mode, when I try to close out of it the screen goes blank- it just turns white. The only way I can get out of it is to use ctrl alt delte and bring up the task manager, however I then run into the issue where I attempt to close the...
  10. Browser video won't stay full screen

in Browsers and Email
    Browser video won't stay full screen: Hey everyone, When I'm watching a video full screen within my browser (Firefox) it will randomly leave the full screen view and go back to the standard view. It doesn't always happen, but I'd guess it occurs about a third of the time. It seems to happen mostly when I'm...