Windows 10: Can I get rid of the marketing messages?

Discus and support Can I get rid of the marketing messages? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 is new to me, and whenever my computer wakes up there's a very pretty picture of some sort, but there's also a little marketing message,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LaurelS., Jan 7, 2019.

1. LaurelS. Win User

Can I get rid of the marketing messages?

Windows 10 is new to me, and whenever my computer wakes up there's a very pretty picture of some sort, but there's also a little marketing message, inviting me to click to explore this or that. I really, really don't like being hit with a marketing message every time my computer wakes up. Can I stop this?

tia

las

:)

LaurelS., Jan 7, 2019
  2. Sajer Win User

Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.

*Think

As always, there seems to be lots of alleged fixes out there, which may work on versions earlier than Win 10... but not with Win 10. The struggle for getting rid of this now un-needed bloat seems to be wrapped up in file permissions. But even when I try to clobber it with administrative authority, it won't budge. One fix suggests that you can use disk cleanup to get rid of it by selecting previous installation files. Heh. Yeah. Just TRY and find that option in Win 10.

Ok. Somebody hopefully has managed to resolve this inigma. Step by step, please. Can I get rid of the marketing messages? :)

Sajer, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Can I get rid of the marketing messages?

Market Share May 2018

Here are the charts from NetMarketShare and StatCounter.

NetMarketShare suggests that W7 & W10 are flat.
    StatCounter shows a big increase for W10 increasing and corresponding decrease for W7.
    (You'll need to click several times to see it full size)

Can I get rid of the marketing messages? [​IMG]

Data from NetMarketShare
    Data from StatCounter
    Note:

If you visit the NetMarketShare site, you'll notice that the info listed in the table does not match the data points on the graph. *Confused

lehnerus2000, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Can I get rid of the marketing messages?

1. Can I get rid of the marketing messages? - Similar Threads - rid marketing messages

2. how can I get rid of this message?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I get rid of this message?: can I get rid of this message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-rid-of-this-message/4a2360ca-75bc-4202-821c-f331eee7233d
  3. how can I get rid of this message?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I get rid of this message?: can I get rid of this message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-rid-of-this-message/4a2360ca-75bc-4202-821c-f331eee7233d
  4. What can I do to get rid of this message?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can I do to get rid of this message?: Whenever i switch on my computer the the Message pops up saying; The procedure entry point -wow 64 process 2 could not be located in the dynamic link library........
  5. What can I do to get rid of this message?

What can I do to get rid of this message?: Whenever i switch on my computer the the Message pops up saying; The procedure entry point -wow 64 process 2 could not be located in the dynamic link library........
  6. How can I get rid of this error message?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get rid of this error message?: I am constantly getting this message no matter what I am doing or which browser I use. This site can’t be reached Check if there is a typo in app.popcart.com. If spelling is correct, try running Windows Network Diagnostics. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAINI clicked on windows...
  7. How can I get rid of this error message?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I get rid of this error message?: I am constantly getting this message no matter what I am doing or which browser I use. This site can’t be reached Check if there is a typo in app.popcart.com. If spelling is correct, try running Windows Network Diagnostics. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAINI clicked on windows...
  8. How can I get rid of this error message?

9. How can i get rid of this message in Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i get rid of this message in Windows Update?: The message says: This PC doesn't currently meet the system requirements to run Windows 11. I don't wanna upgrade to this anyway due to less customizations, the taskbar icons are in the center by default, which is pretty inconvenient for me to change the icons back to the...
  10. How can i get rid of this message in Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can i get rid of this message in Windows Update?: The message says: This PC doesn't currently meet the system requirements to run Windows 11. I don't wanna upgrade to this anyway due to less customizations, the taskbar icons are in the center by default, which is pretty inconvenient for me to change the icons back to the...