Windows 10: Can I get rid of the second recovery partition

Discus and support Can I get rid of the second recovery partition in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello. I just registered to this forum. I don't know if I post this question in the right category. I want to install Linux but use dual boot, to keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EmanuelValter, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Can I get rid of the second recovery partition

Hello. I just registered to this forum. I don't know if I post this question in the right category.

I want to install Linux but use dual boot, to keep Windows.

I haven't been able to prepare a partition.

(I did make a shrink of C: but it could be max 25 GB, but the freed space could not be used by Linux)

When I look in Windows "Disk Management", I see there are two "Recovery Partition".

Can one of them be deleted? If, then how?

I have Win 10, version 1803.

:)

EmanuelValter, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Nov 7, 2019
  3. RyoTakagi Win User
    Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Can I get rid of the second recovery partition :)

RyoTakagi, Nov 7, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Can I get rid of the second recovery partition

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Can I get rid of the second recovery partition

1. Can I get rid of the second recovery partition - Similar Threads - rid second recovery

2. Where can i get BitLocker key for second drive second partition. second drive first...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can i get BitLocker key for second drive second partition. second drive first...: This drive consists of two partitions, D and E drivesIn order to unlock the BitLocker-encrypted C,D and E drives, I followed the necessary steps by logging in to my Microsoft account. However, I could only find two BitLocker keys in my account: one for the operation system...
  3. Where can i get BitLocker key for second drive second partition. second drive first...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where can i get BitLocker key for second drive second partition. second drive first...: This drive consists of two partitions, D and E drivesIn order to unlock the BitLocker-encrypted C,D and E drives, I followed the necessary steps by logging in to my Microsoft account. However, I could only find two BitLocker keys in my account: one for the operation system...
  4. How can I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I get rid of this?: https://imgur.com/a/0iZvsDT I literally couldn't give less of a fuck about religion. I don't need that shit pushed to me by my OS. This appeared this morning. How can I get rid of it? submitted by /u/BoltCloud [link] [comments]...
  5. Can I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I get rid of this?: When an image or video is selected in File Explorer, this unwanted 'Play' in a pink rectangle or 'Manage' in a yellow one appears. Can it be removed? Not only serves no obvious purpose but prevents seeing the entire text when the option to show the full filename and path is...
  6. Can I remove these other recovery partitions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I remove these other recovery partitions?: I have 3 Windows 10 (first version, current, and fast ring which I'm about to delete) on my PC and I also have 3 recovery partition. Can I remove the two other partitions but still my Windows won't be affected? Also, what 2 partitions should I remove?[ATTACH]...
  7. how can i get rid of...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how can i get rid of...: this is in my background as a ghost user, and cannot get rid of it.... it' some kind of SID file.... its using 50% of my memory to run antivirus... S-1-15-3-1024-3153509613-960666767-3724611135-2725662640-12138253-543910227...
  8. Can I Remove This "Recovery Partition?"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I Remove This "Recovery Partition?": Since I started using my own computer, there's been the Windows Partition, and this other partition that the Boot Manager refers to as "System Restore." Loading it would take me to a screen telling me that I should press the green button to revert my system back its original...
  9. --Need to get rid of this System partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    --Need to get rid of this System partition: Drive C I want to keep. It has Win 10. This is a dual boot system that I do not want to dual boot anymore. Straight to windows is what I want to happen. I paid for this program called MiniTool Partition Wizard Pro. It looks robust enough but doesn't tell you HOW to do...
  10. Can I delete the recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I delete the recovery partition?: After the update to version 1511 build 10586 Windows has created a 450 Mb recovery partition on my SSD drive. I have already deleted the created Windows_OLD folder as well as the hidden folder with update files. Can I seamlessly and without risk also delete the recovery...