Windows 10: Can I get Task Manager back as a right-click option in Windows 11?

Discus and support Can I get Task Manager back as a right-click option in Windows 11? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; One thing I don't like in Windows 11 is I cannot right-click the Taskbar to launch Task Manager. Is there a way to reinstate this? I do know I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StevenIG, Nov 24, 2022.

1. StevenIG Win User

Can I get Task Manager back as a right-click option in Windows 11?

One thing I don't like in Windows 11 is I cannot right-click the Taskbar to launch Task Manager. Is there a way to reinstate this? I do know I can search for Task Manager on the Start button, or use Ctrl-Shift-ESC, but I would like to use right-click on the taskbar, it was a great feature of Windows 10.

:)

StevenIG, Nov 24, 2022
  2. imanalien Win User

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Task view in windows 10

Hello ReinaldoEspinosa

i suggest to Follow the below steps:

To start your system in safe mode with Networking, follow the below steps:

Press and hold Shift key and restart your Computer.

Select Troubleshoot.

Select Advance Option.

Select Startup Settings.

Follow the on Screen instruction.

Select Safe mode with Networking, from the list of options

Also you can to restart Windows Explorer

Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete from you Keyboard.

Then click on Task Manager.

Now find Windows Explorer from process list of windows task manager.

Right click on Windows Explorer & select restart.

Let me know if it works or you need further assistance.

Regards

MarcosAraujo2, Nov 24, 2022
  4. Can I get Task Manager back as a right-click option in Windows 11?

Task Manager - Startup tab

Actually, I like your suggestion as a first step.

Unchecking the wrong thing in Autoruns can brick a system.

OldNavyGuy, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

Can I get Task Manager back as a right-click option in Windows 11?

1. Can I get Task Manager back as a right-click option in Windows 11? - Similar Threads - Task Manager right

2. Right-click options on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click options on Windows 11: Yes...I'm old school. I can adapt to change, but adding extra steps can get frustrating.Is there a way to get the "right-click" function to automatically open the options window into the "show more options Shift + F10" view as a default? I'm so used to having other options...
  3. Can I get Task Manager back as a right-click option in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I get Task Manager back as a right-click option in Windows 11?: One thing I don't like in Windows 11 is I cannot right-click the Taskbar to launch Task Manager. Is there a way to reinstate this? I do know I can search for Task Manager on the Start button, or use Ctrl-Shift-ESC, but I would like to use right-click on the taskbar, it was a...
  4. Not getting the right-click-taskboar-for-task-manager new feature.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not getting the right-click-taskboar-for-task-manager new feature.: Windows Update is up to date; all available updates installed. I do not see KB5019961 listed in Update History and when I try to install it as a free-standing update, it says it's not applicable to my machine. I'm running 64 bit W11 Pro on a 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1165G7...
  5. Not getting the right-click-taskboar-for-task-manager new feature.

Not getting the right-click-taskboar-for-task-manager new feature.: Windows Update is up to date; all available updates installed. I do not see KB5019961 listed in Update History and when I try to install it as a free-standing update, it says it's not applicable to my machine. I'm running 64 bit W11 Pro on a 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1165G7...
  6. Right-click options on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click options on Windows 11: Now, for the record, I mostly like Windows 11. It is definitely one louder than Windows 10.I have been a fan of right-clicking for years and noticed something. When I go to delete multiple items, I often drag to highlight them, then right-click and select Delete. However, I...
  7. Right-click options on Windows 11

Right-click options on Windows 11: Now, for the record, I mostly like Windows 11. It is definitely one louder than Windows 10.I have been a fan of right-clicking for years and noticed something. When I go to delete multiple items, I often drag to highlight them, then right-click and select Delete. However, I...
  8. No right-click option in Task Mgr

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No right-click option in Task Mgr: I saw the "Program" entry in startup entities and all the solutions I could find reference right-clicking the column header in Task Manager to enable more options. I get nothing when I do that. I am logged in as an administrator. Ideas? submitted by /u/kapeman_ [link]...
  9. Right mouse click and no 'Back' option?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right mouse click and no 'Back' option?: My Toshiba laptop crashed and with the Black Friday deals going on I purchased a new Lenova laptop. Hooked up my Microsoft cordless mouse 3000. The mouse works fine other than I've lost the right click 'back' button option. I have enough time invested searching the...
  10. task manager right click "restart" option missing

in Windows 10 Support
    task manager right click "restart" option missing: Ill be the first to admit my windows install is far from default. Ive tweaked this or that with winaero tweaker and registry entries to pare down the context menu etc. I often need to restart explorer by right clicking the process in the task manager and the option seems...