Windows 10: Can i get the IP address of the person who stole my laptop from Microsoft?

Discus and support Can i get the IP address of the person who stole my laptop from Microsoft? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Few days back my laptop got stolen. And for sure the thief must have erased all the data and could have installed some pirated version of windows 10 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NIKHILAN007, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Can i get the IP address of the person who stole my laptop from Microsoft?

Few days back my laptop got stolen. And for sure the thief must have erased all the data and could have installed some pirated version of windows 10 on it. So can the microsoft people find the change in the version of their OS installed in that laptop. Like, Can they see the IP address

:)

NIKHILAN007, Oct 28, 2018
  2. Geethu B Win User

ip address problem

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with IP Address, I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due incorrect TCP\IP Address settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to reset TCP\IP and check if it helps.

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/299357

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try these steps to Flush DNS and request a new IP address from your ISP server. Check if it helps.

• Click on
      Start and type cmd on start search.

• Right-click on command prompt Run
      and selectas administrator.

• At the command prompt, type the following commands and hit
      Enter after each command.

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

exit

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 28, 2018
  3. IP Address

Hi Will,

You might need your computer's IP address if you want to set up an Internet connection, allow other people to connect to your PC, or need to troubleshoot network problems. Kindly follow these steps to find the IP address of your computer:

• Select the Start button , start typing View network connections, and then select it in the list.
    • Select an active network connection, and then, in the toolbar, select
      View status of this connection
      . (You might need to select the chevron icon to find this command.)
    • Select Details. (Your PC's IP address appears in the
      Value
      column, next to IPv4 Address).
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Can i get the IP address of the person who stole my laptop from Microsoft?

2 IP address conflict

Hi Jessirel,

IP address conflict usually occurs after defining a static IP address. To resolve, try following these steps:

Run the Network troubleshooter
    1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    2. Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If that doesn’t fix your connection problem, try these things:

• Reset the TCP/IP stack
    • Release the IP address
    • Renew the IP address
    • Flush and reset the DNS client resolver cache

Run these networking commands in Command Prompt:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click)
      Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator >
      Yes.
    2. At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
      • Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
      • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

To learn more, please check this article: Fix duplicate IP address conflicts on a DHCP network

Let usknow if you need further assistance.

Adrianne Buc, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Can i get the IP address of the person who stole my laptop from Microsoft?

1. Can i get the IP address of the person who stole my laptop from Microsoft? - Similar Threads - address person stole

2. Microsoft Websites, Microsoft Account are not available from my IP Address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Websites, Microsoft Account are not available from my IP Address: Dear Microsoft Technical Support Team, I am desparately seeking technical assistance for a recurring issue I have been experiencing when trying to all access Microsoft services from my home network. Problem Description: In the past two weeks I have be unable to access any...
  3. My laptop was stolen can I find it with the ip address

My laptop was stolen can I find it with the ip address: Laptop stolen wondering if I can find it with the IP address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-was-stolen-can-i-find-it-with-the-ip/b940c4c5-9991-45d7-a096-aa2dceb990c3
  4. My laptop was stolen can I find it with the ip address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop was stolen can I find it with the ip address: Laptop stolen wondering if I can find it with the IP address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-was-stolen-can-i-find-it-with-the-ip/b940c4c5-9991-45d7-a096-aa2dceb990c3
  5. Having a trusted person who can get into my personal vault if incapacitated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having a trusted person who can get into my personal vault if incapacitated: I am not seeing this covered, unless I am using the wrong key words.Since my personal vault has 2FA, and uses my fingerprint, how can a trusted person such as my wife get into my account if I am incapacitated or deceased? Thanks. Mike K....
  6. Having a trusted person who can get into my personal vault if incapacitated

Having a trusted person who can get into my personal vault if incapacitated: I am not seeing this covered, unless I am using the wrong key words.Since my personal vault has 2FA, and uses my fingerprint, how can a trusted person such as my wife get into my account if I am incapacitated or deceased? Thanks. Mike K....
  7. Having a trusted person who can get into my personal vault if incapacitated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. CLI: How can I get an IP address from a CIFS NETBIOS name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CLI: How can I get an IP address from a CIFS NETBIOS name?: Hi All, Windows 10, pro and home In Windows Explorer not IE, when I click on Network in the left column, I get a list of computer CIFS broadcast names in the right pane. Well, after a bit. I know how to add the IP column in Windows explorer, but ..Is there a way to translate...
  9. How can I determine the IP address of the hacker who broke into my computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I determine the IP address of the hacker who broke into my computer?: On March 7,2020, someone broke into my computer from over the Internet and stole all of crypto currencies from a particular local wallet. I looked at the logins that were listed on the MS account web site and found the IP address there. Without naming names, I found which...
  10. who stole all my files

in Windows 10 Customization
    who stole all my files: i woke up to find all my pictures videos and downloads and doucuments along with many of my programs gone completely, i wanna know why and where have they gone my antivirus scan show no hacks or viruses, and what i have left is a cleanversion of windows 10 is microsoft behind...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Worldhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-my-ip-address/6de2fa4c-2c3c-4eab-9824-28ace4b34064

2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-my-ip-address/6de2fa4c-2c3c-4eab-9824-28ace4b34064