Windows 10: Can I get the previous File Explorer search back after updateing to 1909.

Discus and support Can I get the previous File Explorer search back after updateing to 1909. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After updating to 1909, I notices the search bar in the File Explorer no longer automatically starts searching as I type. Instead, it has a pop-down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by a1031982, Nov 14, 2019.

1. a1031982 Win User

Can I get the previous File Explorer search back after updateing to 1909.

After updating to 1909, I notices the search bar in the File Explorer no longer automatically starts searching as I type.

Instead, it has a pop-down menu trying to guess what I am looking for. If I press enter, it will do a standard search.

Is there a way to get the old search functionality back? The new way never finds what I am looking for, and as such I see it as a broken feature.

:)

a1031982, Nov 14, 2019

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Nov 14, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    1909 in the offing?

Hmm. So they simplify the search bar (ex-Cortana) but make search in Explorer more complicated, including web search too? Really? Hope I've misunderstood that.

I've always wondered why they couldn't prioritise results from indexed search, then search anything non-indexed, so as to give the most immediate results quickly. This seems a sort of step in that direction, but might it not be likely to confuse people who then think everything's been searched (or at least everything below the current point in the file system)?

dalchina, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Can I get the previous File Explorer search back after updateing to 1909.

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Can I get the previous File Explorer search back after updateing to 1909.

1. Can I get the previous File Explorer search back after updateing to 1909. - Similar Threads - previous File Explorer

2. How can I get the drop-down menus on file explorer back after the last update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get the drop-down menus on file explorer back after the last update?: How can I get the drop-down menus on file explorer back after the last update? The drop-down menus were very convenient and saved me time. I hadn't realized how often I moved pictures from one folder to a different folder. For example, in the main "Pictures" folder, I have 14...
  3. How can I get the drop-down menus on file explorer back after the last update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get the drop-down menus on file explorer back after the last update?: How can I get the drop-down menus on file explorer back after the last update? The drop-down menus were very convenient and saved me time. I hadn't realized how often I moved pictures from one folder to a different folder. For example, in the main "Pictures" folder, I have 14...
  4. How can I get back windows 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I get back windows 1909: Windows 2004 won't let me open alot of apps. I'm past the 10 day mark submitted by /u/RockPaperSparx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/n660ku/how_can_i_get_back_windows_1909/
  5. Advance search missing in File Explorer after update to windows version 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Advance search missing in File Explorer after update to windows version 1909: Where is the advanced search in the 1909 version of File Explorer. I search using date modified today, yesterday, past 7 days....... It doesn't seem to be in 1909 version I updated on Feb 5th 2020 - A comment of the new File Explorer Yucky having to click the arrow key to...
  6. 1909 way to go back to old search in explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    1909 way to go back to old search in explorer?: The new search in 1909 file explorer does not have any options. Or are there any options setting that I dont know about? How do you even clear the search history? It doesnt even predict the files youre searching for by populating them in the window as you type. Can I even...
  7. This 1909 file explorer search is a complete mess.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This 1909 file explorer search is a complete mess.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SvenCuaresma [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2llqd/this_1909_file_explorer_search_is_a_complete_mess/
  8. Error on file search on File explorer after 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error on file search on File explorer after 1909: Hello. After update 1909, the search on file explorer does not work properly. I really wish back to old type search or find anyone help me. When the search does not properly, the symptoms are as below; Firstly, I could not click the search box even left or right...
  9. 1909 Update file explorer search issue.

in Cortana
    1909 Update file explorer search issue.: New 1909 update broke the file explorer search. Now after file explorer window has been open 10+ minutes the search option is grayed out. Text does not show in the bar and the only way to be able to type again is to task kill file explorer from taskmgr. I have tried to run...
  10. After 1909 update I lose Windows Explorer, search desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    After 1909 update I lose Windows Explorer, search desktop: Well this automatic update stuff sure is working out! Between driver updates and Windows updates my PC performance has me pulling my hair out. A couple days ago my PC started acting erratically ( I wasnt aware of the status of automatic updates and so didnt know what had...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get file explorer back xbox

2. can not paste in windows10 search 1909

3. file explorer search bar 1909